Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Discover Oregon with a PDX car rental
Pick up a rental car in Portland and experience the pep and personality of Oregon’s largest city. Start with a trip to the hip downtown area where you can visit museums, admire art collections, and sample the scrumptious street food. Next, indulge in some tax-free shopping at one of the many shopping districts in Portland, and visit numerous fascinating historical landmarks. From accessible hiking trails and wildlife preserves to urban parks and gorgeous gardens, Portland makes it easy to enjoy nature. This is a city that will have you coming back again and again to experience its cultural delights and vibrant nightlife. Get a deal on Portland car rental and start planning your trip to the City of Roses, today.
Portland Oregon Airport car rental
Portland International Airport (PDX) has a great range of passenger services and facilities including free WiFi, fantastic dining options, and a large number of retail outlets available to travellers both before and after the security check areas. There are also unique extras like art, music and theatre spaces.
Top brands for car rental in Portland Oregon
Secure your Portland rental car reservation in just a few clicks with GoSee. Simply type your travel dates into our easy-to-use search engine to instantly generate a comprehensive list of available cars at Portland Oregon USA. Compare prices and features from top international companies, and use our handy preference filters to narrow your search further by car size, capacity, transmission type, and more.
Finalize your reservation to receive instant confirmation and never worry about hidden fees or charges when you book with GoSee. Plus, you can enjoy access to our online booking management system, where you can easily make changes and updates to your reservation.
There are a huge number of companies that offer Portland Airport car rentals. Big-name international brands are trusted and familiar, but you may also get car rental deals with small local suppliers.
Your chosen rental car company is usually located on the first level of the parking garage. Please follow signs to the baggage claim area. Exit outside and cross the street to the Consolidated Car Rental Facility. Just show your valid documents and get your rental agreement. The PDX airport employee at the counter will give you the keys and directions to your car rentals.
Pick up a 4WD to brave the South Island’s alpine passes or opt for a Subcompact vehicle rental model for ultimate savings - these are just a few of the cheap car rental options available to you with Avis.
Rent a car with Budget from its vehicle hire counter inside the terminal building. From Premium Passenger Van rental to fit the whole family to Ford Fiesta type Economy models that cost little to rent and less to drive, Budget has a little something for everyone.
Dollar Car Rental can be found within the terminal. Opt for an Economy or Compact car to save a bundle or stretch out with an SUV or Full-size model like Toyota Camry. Proceed to the Dollar rental facility, pick up your keys and explore Portland.
Enterprise has a huge range of vehicles for you to choose from: whether you want the versatility of an SUV or Pickup, the luxury of an Elite model or Convertible, or just an affordable and reliable car you can use to zip around the city center, Enterprise is sure to have the perfect car rental Portland Oregon airport for you.
Whether you’re hunting for something cheap to zip around the city or need something with a little more power, the fleet of Hertz is sure to have just the vehicle rental you’re after. Pick up your cheap car rental Portland Oregon at the Hertz rental counter.
Payless offers both cheap and reliable Economy options for those looking to save a buck or two, and larger models (even SUVs) if you’re needing a little more space.
Whether you want to cruise Frisco in a BMW convertible or simply want something reliable and cheap to get you around the Portland Oregon, Sixt Car Rentals has the vehicle options you’re seeking.
Thrifty is one of the suppliers that offer great car rental deals in Portland. Look for Thrifty office at 7240 Ne Airport Way, Portland, Oregon, USA. Choose from a selection of late-model vehicles from Economy and Compact to Full-size rental cars.
Off-airport car rental locations
The following hire car Portland Oregon USA suppliers have complimentary airport shuttle buses that will take passengers from the airport to their car rental desks located in downtown Portland.
This rental car company is just a minute away from the airport. Take a ride in their complimentary shuttle to get yourself from the airport terminal direct to the rental depot. Zipcar has some incredibly priced vehicle models and even a selection of wagons and vans if you need a bit of extra space.
Driving in Portland with a PDX car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your rental car in Portland Oregon.
- Driving the 12 miles from the airport to Downtown Portland should take approximately half an hour. Follow Airport Way and then merge onto War Veterans Memorial Freeway. Continue straight along this road, cross the Morrison Bridge and then veer right onto Naito Parkway. Take a left turn at Clay Street, which will lead you to the city centre.
- Take care when driving in downtown Portland; the many one-way streets can be confusing. Check local signage for the direction of travel.
- Be aware of bike lanes and keep an eye out for cyclists while driving around Portland.
- Visiting from overseas? Drive on the right side of the road. For more safety tips for your rental car, you may search and read some driving guides in America online.
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited unless using a hands-free device.
- Right and left turns onto one-way streets are permitted on a red light, after coming to a complete stop.
- Check the local weather conditions and that all roads and highways on your route are open and safe to access. Always pay attention to weather warnings, as conditions can change quickly.
- The Portland City Council recommends a speed limit of 20mph in residential areas, business districts, and school zones. While interstates and rural highways have speed limits between 65 mph and 70 mph.
- There is an abundance of accommodation available in Portland. Whether you are looking for a luxury hotel or something more economical, you will be sure to find the perfect place for your vacation, all handy to get to with a rental car. Choose from Staybridge Suites, Aloft Hotels, Comfort Suites, The Benson Hotel, Ace Hotel.
- Parking is a breeze at the Portland Oregon Airport with nearly 15,000 parking spaces available. The airport offers short-term and long-term parking next to the terminal and an economy parking lot with a free shuttle service to the terminal. There is also a valet service available. Prices start at USD$3.00 per hour.
- Around the city, there is no shortage of parking spaces. There are six city-owned public parking garages offering nearly 4000 parking spaces, and plenty of on-street parking with over 9000 metered spaces throughout the city. Parking is affordable at USD$2.00 per hour.
Rental car Portland Oregon: What to check out on your trip
Tax- free shopping
Take advantage of Portland’s sales-tax-free goods, from designer brands to handmade items. Thrift and vintage stores are popular here, and you’ll find a vibrant ‘maker’ scene.
Portland Art Museum
Central to Portland’s cultural district, the Portland Art Museum is located across two historical buildings in the city’s South Park Blocks. Browse a vast collection of art at one of the oldest art museums in the USA.
Foodies flock to Portland to sample the goods from food carts, farmers markets, award-winning restaurants, craft breweries, and more. Try the famous ramen noodles and specialty teas. It’s all here!
Get outside and enjoy the botanical gardens of The Grotto, the views of Mount Tabor, the urban wilderness of Forest Park, and so much more. If you have more time to spare, you can also head to Oregon Zoo so you can tour around with your family.
There is a wide variety of events in Portland to keep the entire family entertained. Portland hosts a variety of vibrant festivals throughout the year. Check out some of the popular events and try to time your visit to catch one. Choose between Portland Jazz Festival (February), Cinco De Mayo (May), Waterfront Blues Fest (July), Feast Festival (September), and Wordstock Book Festival (November).
GoSee tips for car rental PDX
- If your plans include getting a rental car outside the city for sightseeing, consider a sporty SUV.
- Portland has a great selection of premium vehicles and convertibles. If you are visiting for a special occasion, book well in advance to find an affordable luxury option.
- One way rentals are available if you wish to pick up your vehicle in Portland and drop it off at another location. This means you could drive your hire car to Seattle or San Francisco.
- If you want to go further afield, consider taking your car rental to Reno or Spokane. You can even end your car hire trip in Kalispell.
What our customers say
Which car rental companies in Portland have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most companies offering car rentals in Portland OR have updated their vehicle cleaning policies because of COVID-19. When comparing rental car offers, you can filter your search results by ‘Enhanced cleaning’ to ensure your chosen vehicle goes through a thorough disinfection process prior to pick up.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Portland OR?
The price for car rental in Portland fluctuates with availability and demand. Check current prices across multiple brands with an instant comparison using the search function on this page.
Hiring a car at Portland Airport is made easy with GoSee. As a site that focuses on getting you the best deal, we have no preference which car you rent from. All the major car rentals will look to entice your business. However, thanks to our detailed, user-friendly search engine, we put top car deals in one place. Just input your travel details and click search.
From vehicle age to air-conditioning, passenger numbers, luggage capacity, and availability, you can then make a fully informed decision about hiring a car best suited to your needs. Our filter facility also allows you to select the exact vehicle type you want to rent, whether you pick up at the airport or use a shuttle, and availability – immediately or within 24 hours. Book online and in advance to get the best car rental deals in Portland.
What is the cheapest car rental agency in Portland?
The cheapest car rental Portland Oregon company can change depending on multiple factors, but Dollar has consistently low rates. Keep in mind that lower rates can sometimes mean less convenient car rental locations, and fewer inclusions. Check the details of each listing before booking.
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Portland Airport (PDX)?
Visiting Portland? At Portland Airport (PDX) or to a nearby location via a shuttle, you can find the following car rental companies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt, and Thrifty. Rent a car from any of these trusted suppliers through GoSee and enjoy exclusive deals to make the most of your Portland car hire trip.
Can I rent a car from Portland Intl. Airport (PDX)?
If you are at least 21 years old (20 years for Hertz), have a full and valid driver’s license, and have a credit card in your name, you can rent a car from Portland Intl. Airport (PDX). If your license is in a language other than English, you may also require an International Driver's Permit or a suitable translation.
What car types can I rent in Portland?
There is a wide variety of Portland car rentals you can choose from. Hire a car from this affordable range of car types - Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar), Compact (Nissan Versa or similar), SUV (Mitsubishi Outlander or similar), Intermediate (Hyundai Elantra or similar), or Large (Toyota Camry Sedan or similar). You may also prefer premium/luxury cars (Holden SV6 or similar) and People Mover/Vans (Hyundai iMax / Kia Carnival or similar). Explore Portland with your rental cars from GoSee.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Portland?
You must be at least 21 years old to pick up Portland car rentals, with the exception of Hertz, which will rent to drivers who are 20 years old. Do note that some car companies will not rent to drivers under 25, and many suppliers will charge a young driver fee to renters younger than 25.
What documents do I need to rent a car in Portland?
You need a full and valid driver license, and a credit card in your name to get a rental car Portland Oregon Airport. If your license is in a language other than English, you may also need to present an International Driver's Permit or a suitable translation.
What is the most popular rental car in Portland?
According to our customer’s reviews and ratings, the most constantly booked type of Portland vehicle is Economy car rental (Hyundai Accent or similar). Make sure to choose a vehicle type suitable to your travel style and needs. Find cheap car rental deals at GoSee and enjoy simple and secure booking process.
Is it cheaper to rent a car for a week or by day?
Looking for cheap rental cars in Portland, OR? Generally, a car rental PDX is cheaper if you book them by the week. Depending on the length of time and the dates you wish to rent, weekly rates could be as low as USD$394. Please note that most car rentals offer unlimited mileage so you just have to choose the best deals.