Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
The best way to rent a car in Switzerland
Choosing to rent a car in Switzerland will give you this picture perfect country on a platter. With the freedom to go wherever you like, whenever you like, Switzerland becomes your oyster - you can hop from ski field to ski field, explore the nation’s major cities in depth or immerse yourself in some of the most beautiful wild spaces on earth: it’s all up to you.
Explore our special offers
GoSee - take the hassle out of booking a car hire in Switzerland
Many people imagine beaches and palm trees when they envision their ideal vacation, but there are incredible destinations that look entirely different - and Switzerland is among the most spectacular of these places. This landlocked country trades tropical beaches for epic mountain ranges, mirror-like lakes, delectable chocolate and cutting-edge modern culture. There’s enough variety here for just about every kind of traveller to find an aspect of Switzerland that speaks to them.
One of the first things you’ll need to sort out when you land in Switzerland is your car rental. It’s best to book online well ahead of time - and if you want to save yourself a world of hassle, try looking for your hire on GoSee - a site that presents all the best car rental deals in one easy to search place.
Finding a car hire that’s just right for your Switzerland trip doesn’t need to be difficult. Just enter a few details about your itinerary (like where and when you plan to pick up/drop off the rental) into the search box and GoSee will serve you up with a wide selection of car rental offers from different suppliers. All you have to do is choose the best deal for you and book it - the whole thing can be over and done in a matter of a few minutes.
Airport rentals around Switzerland
There are dozens of different facets to Switzerland, and the place that you arrive in will have a big impact on your first impressions of the country. No matter which one of the nation’s major centres pick up your vehicle from, booking a cheap car rental in Switzerland will ensure that you can explore all the gems of this breathtaking place to your heart’s content.
- Zurich car rental - For those who are keen to dive into Switzerland’s delightfully modern urban culture, this is the place to do it. Zurich has a reputation as one of the most liveable cities on earth, and is brimming with contemporary cultural centres and funky little bars, cafes and clubs. For those who have slightly more traditional tastes, Zurich also boasts several impressive old churches and a large number of excellent museums.
- Geneva car rental - Nestled between France, Germany, Austria and Italy, Switzerland is very much a multilingual nation, with Geneva showing off the French side of the country. It’s not a bargain bin destination that’s for sure, but if you are prepared for a slightly elevated travel budget, Geneva will treat you to all the best things in life.
- Basel car rental - A lot of people overlook Basel when planning their Switzerland vacation, but it’s the kind of place that should be near the top of any Swiss itinerary. If you’re thinking of a winter holiday, make sure you’re in town for Basel Fasnacht, a three day winter carnival that has been celebrated here for almost 700 years.
- Lugano car rental - Set near Switzerland’s southernmost point, Lugano provides easy access to northern Italy, but don’t go rushing across the border straight away. The beautiful Lake Lugano is always a popular spot for sightseers, and mountain bikers will find 300 kilometres of trails right on their doorstep. Ascending to the summit of Monte San Salvatore or Monte Brè by funicular railway is another way to guarantee stunning vistas.
- Bern car rental - Despite being Switzerland’s de facto capital, Bern has an almost quaint feel to it compared to some of the country’s other major cities. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the old cobbled city centre shows off Bern at its best. Consider a jaunt to the top of Gurten hill to get a bird’s eye view of the city.
Car rental suppliers in Switzerland
There’s no shortage of car hire suppliers in Switzerland for you to choose from. Many of the household name car rental brands have depots in Switzerland, so going with a trusted name is easy. Alamo, Budget, Avis, Hertz and Europcar are just a few of the options that you’ll find on GoSee for your Swiss journey.
Switzerland road rules
Like the rest of mainland Europe, driving on the right hand side of the road is the norm in Switzerland. This is the same as most of the rest of the world, but if you come from a country that sticks to the left, remember to stay alert and take extra care at intersections. Headlights must be turned on during the day as well as at night, to maximise visibility. The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.05% - this will have many people over the limit after one or two drinks, so it’s safest to forgo drinking entirely if you have to drive. In the absence of speed limit signs, the default limits are: 50 km/h in towns and cities, 80 km/h outside built up areas, 100 km/h on highways and 120 km/h on motorways. Roundabouts (also known as rotaries and traffic circles) are a common feature on Swiss roads - always travel anti-clockwise around the roundabout, give way to traffic already on the roundabout and briefly indicate right just before you exit the roundabout, even if you’re going straight.
Switzerland driving tips
- Snow tires or snow chains are not legally required, but they are highly recommended for winter. Talk to your rental supplier about your travel plans and their winter options.
- Driving in the mountains provides ample opportunities for taking in majestic scenery, but also requires a fair amount of care. The roads can be narrow and winding, visibility may be limited and you may be sharing the road with cyclists so always drive to the conditions and limit your speed if necessary.
Thinking about what's next after Switzerland? GoSee has unmatched car rental deals in Italy, in any country in Europe, and all top destinations worldwide.
What our customers say
Needed to amend a booking, web site hard to re use,,.
So call centre sorted it all out for me thankyou.