Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Rent a car to explore St. Martin in the Caribbean
On the eastern edge of the Caribbean Sea lies a tranquil and understated island, shared by two countries. The unique arrangement sees the island nation roughly divided into a northern half, known as Saint Martin and belonging to the French, with the bottom portion claimed by the Dutch, referred to as St. Maarten. Come to enjoy the diverse mix of European influences, stay for the laid back Caribbean lifestyle. The island will leave you full of awe with its tropical climate, gorgeous white sand beaches, and captivating turquoise waters. With such a rich and diverse environment, your best bet to take in all that Saint Martin has to offer is with a car hire from GoSee.
Secure the best deal on a car rental in Saint Martin with GoSee
Saint Martin represents an island retreat like no other. With so many must-see highlights dotted throughout the country, hiring a car is the best way to take it all in. GoSee provides the widest range of options to suit every traveller’s needs and with a straightforward booking process, your car hire can be organised in just a few clicks. Simply choose your preferred rental location, which dates you will be renting with us and instantly find and compare an excellent range of vehicles from world class rental providers.
Voted first in the world for car hire by TrustPilot, you can rest assured your secure booking will be taken care of with the highest level of efficiency, professionalism and service. If you have any questions about your rental, our dedicated team of consultants are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help out.
Your adventure awaits. Book with GoSee today!
Car rental locations in Saint Martin
Saint Martin has many car hire locations from which to start your journey.
- Anse Marcel - Just five kilometers north of Saint Martin Esperance Airport, this resort area offers a secluded getaway comprised of many 4 star hotels.
- Baie Longue - Located on the southwestern edge of the island, this tranquil area is home to the longest beach on Saint Martin and provides ample opportunity to find a quiet spot to relax.
- Grand Case - Besides being a hotspot for boating, diving, and snorkelling, Grand Case has a plethora of fine dining options and is conveniently located less than two kilometers east of Esperance Airport.
- Marigot - Stroll through the vibrant local markets and boutique shops in the capital city of Saint Martin. Or escape to the other surrounding islands via Marigot Ferry Port.
- Orient Bay - One of the most popular beaches on the island, you can learn to surf, parasail, or take up beach yoga at Orient Bay.
- Oyster Pond - A picturesque harbour overlooking a marina and St Bart’s further off in the distance, Oyster Pond has a fabulous array of restaurants and hotels to choose from.
Car rental companies in Saint Martin
After deciding on your pickup location, you need only choose your Saint Martin car hire provider. GoSee has a wide range of cars available from the most trusted international brands.
- Hertz: Guaranteed high standard of customer service while also being the largest car rental agency in Saint Martin.
- Europcar: A clean and well-maintained fleet of cars with great fuel efficiency.
- Economy: A no frills provider offering some of the cheapest rates.
- Sixt: A wide selection of vehicles ranging from economy to premium, with plenty of available add-ons.
- Avis: High level of service and affordability are qualities to be expected from Avis.
- Thrifty: Hire a reliable car at a cheap rate, and hassle free service.
Secure your car hire with any of these fabulous companies through GoSee to take advantage of free additional benefits.
Road rules in Saint Martin
For the best Saint Martin car hire experience, get familiar with the rules of the road before embarking on your adventure.
- Motorists drive on the right-hand side of the road in Saint Martin.
- Always follow the posted speed limit. In general, expect maximum speeds of 80km/h on motorways, 60km/h in rural areas, and 40km/h in urban areas.
- By law, your blood alcohol concentration level can be no higher than 0.05%. Avoid alcohol when driving.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
Driving tips for St. Martin
Our list of driving tips are listed here to help keep you safe and make driving easier in Sint Martin.
- Navigational road signs and speed limits and are not consistently posted.
- Maps are available from the Tourist Office.
- Cows have the right of way when crossing streets.
- Be aware that motorbikes and scooters will often pass on either side of your vehicle. Stick to your lane and check your mirrors before turning.
- Drivers honk frequently. Don’t be alarmed, it is used as way of communicating their intentions to other drivers rather than in anger.
- There are no customs or immigration controls between the Dutch side of St. Maarten and French side of Saint Martin.
Check out our general tips and tricks for making your car hire a success, and enjoy your rental
What our customers say
Needed to amend a booking, web site hard to re use,,.
So call centre sorted it all out for me thankyou.