Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Hit the coast in cheap car hire from Brisbane Airport
As soon as you pick up your Brisbane Airport car hire you’ll want to let loose in this balmy capital of Queensland on Australia’s east coast. A metropolitan hub with the charm of a small town, Brisbane is most well known for its culture, foodie scene, and scenic riverside location. Let us help you find the right car hire to GoSee it all.
Brisbane Airport car hire locations
Upon arrival at Brisbane Airport, you’ll find your rental agent on level two of the international terminal or level one of the domestic terminal. If your agent is located offsite, hop on the free shuttle to the pick up point. Before hitting the motorway, familiarise yourself with our guide to driving in the city.
What you need to know about Brisbane Airport car hire
Getting around Brisbane and beyond
- It’s roughly a 20-minute drive between the airport and Brisbane's CBD, but allow for double that if you’re driving your rental car at peak times. The quickest route is via Airport Drive, which becomes the Airport Link, then follows the M3 into town. The other option is to drive your Brisbane Airport rental car to the city via Kingsford Smith Road and Nudgee Road, which is a little slower.
- Toll roads are not uncommon for Brisbane and its surrounds, with other routes such as the Gateway Motorway, Legacy Way, and the Logan Motorway requiring tolls. Toll booths do not accept cash payments, but rather you must sign up for electronic payments in advance. Most car rental companies will offer a toll payment program, so be sure to check if this is included in your Brisbane car hire agreement when you pick up the rental vehicle. If not, you can purchase a Go Via pass online before your car hire trip, or up to three days after you drive.
- If possible, avoid driving your Brisbane car hire in the city at rush hour times on weekdays to avoid the stress of commuter traffic. When you’re looking to explore the city itself, keep in mind that the central district is not that big, so it may be best to find a park then hop out of your hire car and walk or take advantage of public transport to get around the Brisbane CBD.
- The city offers two council-operated car parks and a number of privately-owned locations and plenty of metered spots on roadsides. Free 15-minute parking is available at 7500 metered parking spaces across Brisbane, outside the CBD and at Council’s two off-street car parks at Wickham Terrace and King George Square. Check the Brisbane City Council website for a comprehensive map and guide to parking in Brisbane to get the most useful and up-to-date information.
See the best of Brisbane in your rental car
Don’t miss out on these highlights when visiting Queensland’s capital.
- Brisbane Lookout Mount Coot-tha - Orient yourself with a bird’s eye view of the city and enjoy sweeping vistas of Brisbane and beyond with a drive up to Mount Coot-tha in your airport car rental.
- South Bank - Soak in the sun and enjoy views of the Brisbane River, all whilst dabbling in the best of the city’s cultural events, dining and entertainment opportunities, and leisure activities.
- River Cruise - Hop on a boat to see a different side of Brisbane. You can head out to enjoy a meal, cuddle a koala, or simply sit back and relax as the sun goes down.
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mount Coot-tha - Entry is free to this lush location just 7 kilometres from the city centre. Explore 56 hectares of subtropical gardens, including the largest collection of Australian native rainforest trees in the world.
- Eat Street Northshore - Eat, drink, browse and enjoy your way around this unique collection of shops, built out of 180 repurposed shipping containers on a historic wharf over the Brisbane River.
- Moreton Island - A 75-minute ferry ride from Brisbane will get you to stunning white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, and freshwater lakes. “Escape the fake” and enjoy this pristine wilderness in all its glory.
Quick tips for selecting the ideal Brisbane car hire
Think about your plans, comfort, and safety when selecting your Brisbane Airport car hire.
- If you’re in town for business or a quick trip, a compact or economy size vehicle will likely do the trick for navigating busy streets and busy parking lots.
- Travellers heading up the coast may wish for more space to accommodate additional passengers and beach gear. A large model or SUV would best suit these plans.
- If a special occasion has brought you to Brisbane, you might want to consider a luxury or premium model to make the most of it.
- 4WD vehicles are available for adventurers planning to go off the beaten path.
What our customers say
How much does it cost to hire a car at Brisbane Airport?
The vehicle rental price will vary based on factors such as vehicle availability and time of year. Check current prices by doing a quick search on our website.
What is the cheapest car hire company at Brisbane Airport?
The cheapest Brisbane Airport car rentals are often provided by Bargain Car Rentals, Apex Car Rentals, and Alpha Car hire. Check the most up-to-date prices with a quick search on our website, and compare prices and benefits in one spot.
Which car rental suppliers are based in or around Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane Airport offers all the top international and local car hire brands, including Ace, Alamo, Alpha, Apex, Avis, Bargain, Budget, Dollar, East Coast, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Jucy, Keddy, National, Thrifty, and more.
Which car hire companies in Brisbane have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most of the car rental companies in Brisbane have updated their rules on health and safety during this Covid-19 pandemic. This includes Avis, Europcar, Thrifty, and Hertz.
Can I collect a car from Brisbane Airport and return somewhere else?
Yes, customers renting a vehicle can generally book one-way car hire from most places in Australia, with some exceptions. State to state and city to city options may be paused or unavailable during COVID-19 outbreaks. Choose your desired pickup location and destination when searching for a vehicle and check the terms and conditions. One-way bookings may incur an additional fee.
How old do I need to be to rent a car from Brisbane Airport?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle from Brisbane Airport is 21 years old, and renters under 25 years old may incur additional fees. Check the terms on each listing during your search.
What types of cars can I rent from Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane Airport offers the full range of vehicles, including Compact, Economy, Intermediate, Large, Station Wagon, SUV, People Carrier/Vans, Premium/Luxury, and Hybrid/Electric. Search and compare vehicles on our website to find the right one for your trip.
Can I return my vehicle after hours?
This depends on the particular drop-off branch. Type in your desired drop-off time when you search for a vehicle to view the terms and conditions. If it is unclear, give the local depot a call to confirm.
Where are the best places to park in Brisbane?
If you are looking for cheap, short-term parking, you may park your Brisbane Airport car rental at a shopping centre that offers free parking for the first two hours. Free 15-minute parking is available at 7500 metered parking spaces across Brisbane, outside the CBD and at Council’s two off-street car parks at Wickham Terrace and King George Square. Check the Brisbane City Council website for a comprehensive map and guide to parking in Brisbane to get the most useful and up-to-date information.
What is the speed limit in Brisbane?
The CBD speed limit in Brisbane is 40 km/h, with the exception of Turbot Street and part of Ann Street, which are 60 km/h to ensure traffic flows smoothly. Check the Brisbane City Council website for the latest updates on speed limits. Whether you are driving a car rental or a motorhome hire in Brisbane, always follow the recommended speed limits for your safety.