Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Discover Disney and more with an Orlando Airport car rental
Orlando is one of the most popular destinations in the world, with more than 59 million visitors coming to enjoy the city’s endless attractions each year. Car rental in Orlando is the easiest way to do and see everything, from Walt Disney World Resort to SeaWorld, Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Universal Studios, you’ll want to experience all the magic and wonder along the way.
Picking up your car rental at Orlando Airport
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is large, but well organized, making it relatively easy to navigate. Arriving passengers will be directed to the Main Terminal via a free shuttle. Follow the signs. The Main Terminal has an A side and a B side, both of which offer car rental desks on level one.
Be sure to check your booking reference to find which side you need to be on, although note that major car rental brands have a rental counter on each side. Your rental company will direct you to the parking garage outside to pick up your Orlando Airport car hire. There are providers outside the vicinity, like the off airport Budget location, which are a few minutes away and most have free pick up service.
Getting around the city with your Orlando Airport rental car
Orlando is a big, busy city, and it only gets busier during peak travel seasons, so it’s a great idea to learn a few things about getting around before getting behind the wheel.
- Some roads around Orlando have toll booths, so be prepared with the correct payment method. Having coins on you is always a good idea but there are pre-pay options—ask your rental car provider upon pick up.
- Do not stop in high-speed tolling lanes. These lanes charge automatically, so you do not need to slow down, and doing so could cause a crash.
- If you’re coming from overseas, don’t forget that you can turn right on red lights in Florida. You must first come to a complete stop like at a Stop sign before turning.
- If it’s rainy or foggy, you must turn on your headlights by law.
- There are minimum speed limits in place on Florida freeways, so aim to drive to the speed limit during your Orlando car rental trip.
Tour the theme park capital of the world
Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, Epcot, SeaWorld, and Magic Kingdom Park are just some of the incredible theme parks dotted around Orlando, and the main attraction for most visitors.
For something a little different and truly Floridian, Gatorland is definitely special. This theme park, known as the ‘Alligator Capital of the World’, is a wildlife reserve. You can stroll the boardwalk, watch gator wrestling, go on an off-roading swamp tour, and more.
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum showcases a beautiful array of artworks, including a large art nouveau collection, and a major collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany pieces. This is the place to go for a quieter day out away from the crowds.
Mead Botanical Garden
Fancy some greenery? The Mead Botanical Garden has it in spades. The boardwalk is a must-do, the hiking trails are fantastic, and the regular activities such as outdoor yoga offer a fun reason to pay a visit.
Top tips for Orlando rental cars
- Orlando is a wonderful city, but be sure to take this opportunity to explore more of Florida. After you are done exploring the city, you could head to nearby Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach in your car hire. You can go farther South and drive your rental car to visit Miami and discover the beauty of the Everglades, a unique National Park in the USA. The northern route will take you up to Jacksonville to discover the birthplace of southern rock.
- One of the best parts about renting a car at Orlando Airport is the choice. All the major brands are represented here, including Alamo Rental Car, Dollar, Avis, Budget, and more, which means you get a huge range to choose from and the cost-benefit of competition.
- Book your rental car in Orlando as soon as you book your trip. This will help you to get the best deal on car hire and avoid paying last-minute price jumps.
- Want to do Florida right? Treat yourself to a soft-top convertible so you can cruise along the Florida coastline with the wind in your hair and the sun on your face.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Rental cars Orlando Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car at Orlando International Airport (MCO)?
The price of a car rental at Orlando Airport depends on the model you want, how many days you’re hiring for, how far in advance you’re booking, and other factors. Monthly car rental average rates change, but we already have the best deals, so there's no need to chase any discount codes. Compare up-to-the-minute prices across multiple brands with GoSee.
Which car rental companies in Orlando have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Due to the pandemic, most major rental brands such as Thrifty, Europcar, and Avis Rental Car Orlando have updated and refreshed their health and safety policies, including extensive cleaning of rental cars in between use. Check with your chosen rental brand to see what their exact policies are, and don’t be afraid to ask specific questions.
What is the most popular Orlando car rental?
The most popular rental cars at Orlando Airports are typically smaller compact vehicles that come with a lower daily rental fee. These are great if all you plan to do is zip around the city seeing the sights and aren’t planning on long road trips.
What car rental companies are at Orlando Airport?
Orlando Airport features all of the car rental companies you know, and even some you don’t. This includes Carwiz, Easirent, Green Motion, Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty, Avis, Dollar Car Rental Orlando Airport, Budget, Routes Car Rental, Ace, National, and others.
What car types can I rent in Orlando?
Orlando Intl Airport offers a full range of car types for hire. From popular economy vehicles to full-sized family wagons, luxury convertibles, burly trucks, and fun SUVs.
Can I get a one-way rental for my Orlando trip?
Yes, many Orlando Airport rental car companies offer one-way rentals. Simply uncheck the ‘return car to same location’ box during your search and enter your desired drop off point to see which brands and vehicles you can book one way. Most drop off points for one way rentals are cities with airports (an airport location). Note that there is usually an additional charge for this service.
Will my Orlando rental car have unlimited mileage?
Many, but not all Orlando Airport car rentals include unlimited mileage. Some budget-friendly cars do not offer unlimited miles, so these may be better suited for trips around the city (but not day trips to other parts of Florida). Be sure to look for the ‘unlimited mileage’ tick in the results screen of your search if this is a must-have.
What items will I need when picking up my Orlando International Airport car rental?
You will need a valid driver's license, your passport, and a credit card to pay for a damage deposit and for the rental. You will also need licences for any additional drivers.
What’s the speed limit in Orlando?
Keep an eye out for speed limit signs (usually 30 mph in the city) to ensure you do not exceed them, and also aim to stay close to those limits as you can be fined for driving too slowly and holding up traffic.
Where are the best places to park in Orlando?
Orlando, FL is actually great for parking. All of the major theme parks and hotels offer plenty of parking, and there are parking lots dotted around the city itself. Spaces usually cost a couple of dollars per hour—quite reasonable for parking in a major hub.