Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore Florida with a West Palm Beach Airport car rental
Soak up those sunny South Florida days with a trip to West Palm Beach. This city boasts a thriving arts and entertainment scene in addition to its amazing beaches and gorgeous neighbourhoods—so whether you love to sip coffees and stroll art galleries or go sightseeing along the stunning coastline, there’s something for you. Grab a deal on a West Palm Beach Airport car rental and get amongst this vibrant destination.
Explore our special offers
Picking up your car rental at West Palm Beach Airport
West Palm Beach Airport is officially known as Palm Beach International Airport (PBI). It’s the primary airport for Palm Beach County and is one of the major airports in the region after Miami Airport and Fort Lauderdale Airport. Guests can enjoy free WiFi, free charging stations, a number of dining and shopping options, and even a putting green.
It’s easy to pick up your PBI car rental when you land at West Palm International Airport. Simply make your way to the baggage claim area of the airport terminal on level one and you will find the car rental counters.
Getting around West Palm Beach in your airport car hire
Check out these West Palm Beach and Florida driving tips before you hit the road in your rental car.
- West Palm Beach Intl Airport (PBI) is only a few miles from the downtown area. The drive usually takes about 13 minutes via the I-95 and FL-74.
- There are a few must-do scenic drives in West Palm Beach where you can view mega-mansions and lifestyles of the rich and famous. Start with Ocean Boulevard!
- There is plenty of parking in West Palm Beach, from metered street parking spots to parking garages. If you’re lucky, you might be able to find a free timed spot on the street for one or two hours.
- Be mindful of safety. Lock your doors at all times and park in well-attended areas. If you’re heading out on a road trip to explore wider Florida, beware of wildlife, particularly at dawn and dusk on rural roads.
Hit the highlights in your West Palm Beach Airport car rental
The Palm Beaches
All of the beaches along the stunning Atlantic coastline in this region are beautiful, so take your pick. Juno Beach is one local favourite as it’s dog-friendly—you can spend hours watching all of the four-legged friends running in and out of the ocean.
If you’re looking for everything hip and cool when it comes to eats, entertainment and events, check out Northwood Village. It’s just a couple of miles north of downtown West Palm Beach.
Norton Museum of Art
Stroll the halls of this amazing museum that boasts more than 8,200 works across European, American, Chinese, Contemporary and Photography categories.
Love shopping for something unique? Head to Antique Row, which features more than 40 antique shops and galleries, and find a souvenir with a difference.
Top tips for rental cars West Palm Beach Airport
- If you are looking for the best car rental at West Palm Beach Airport, check out what’s on offer at Enterprise and National. These are two of the top-rated car rental companies located at West Palm Beach Intl Airport PBI.
- Are you planning a longer trip to West Palm Beach? Consider hiring a monthly car rental with low daily rates. Check out which vehicles are available for your trip and get a great long-term deal using our search tool.
- Florida is one of the USA’s top Spring Break destinations, which usually takes place in March. If you plan to travel during this time, make sure you book your West Palm Beach car rental as early as possible.
- Florida is a large state with many airports to fly in or out of for your convenience, and many rental providers offer one-way rentals. If you’d like to start your trip in West Palm Beach, pick up a vehicle at PBI Airport and drop off the rental car in Orlando or Jacksonville Airport, there’s an option for that. Simply type in your chosen itinerary to view the available vehicles, car rental locations, and associated costs.
- Be sure to sign up for free pick up service if your chosen rental vehicle is available only at an off airport location.
- Flyers from the rental counter may contain a discount code honored by fuel stations or some restaurants and shops, so it is good to take them.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Rental cars West Palm Beach Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car at West Palm Beach Airport?
The cost of renting a car at West Palm Beach International Airport varies depending on a range of factors such as demand and availability. Use our booking tool to see up-to-the-minute rates.
What is the cheapest car rental company at West Palm Beach Airport?
The cheapest car rental West Palm Beach Airport company can change with availability, but Hertz tends to consistently offer competitive rates on economy vehicles.
Which car rental companies are located at West Palm Beach Airport?
Companies providing car rentals in West Palm Beach International Airport include Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Ace, Dollar, Thrifty, National, Alamo, SIXT, Payless, and Easirent.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in West Palm Beach?
The minimum age required to rent a car in West Palm Beach is 20 years old. However, most rental car companies have a minimum age limit of 21 and may also charge a young driver fee or offer a more limited selection of vehicles for anyone under the age of 25.
Which car rental companies in West Palm Beach Airport have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most major car rental companies have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies due to Covid-19. If you have any questions about hygiene protocols, check with the individual rental car depot.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or off site?
It is often cheaper to rent a car in an off airport location rather than at the airport, due to additional airport fees. You can use our booking tool to find which rental car company and depot location has the cheapest rate.
Where are the car rental counters at West Palm Beach Airport?
Every rental counter at West Palm Beach Airport is located at the baggage claim area of the airport terminal, on level one.
What should I bring with me when I collect my car?
When you pick up your West Palm Beach car rental, be sure to bring your valid driver's license, a credit card in the name of the renter, and your passport/ID. Please note that anyone you want to add as an additional driver will need to meet the same driver's license requirements as the renter.
Can I collect a car and return it somewhere else?
Yes, many rental car PBI companies offer one-way rentals. Simply input your pick-up and drop-off locations in our booking tool and you will be able to see the great selection of vehicles available. One-way rentals may require an additional fee.
What is the speed limit in West Palm Beach?
West Palm Beach has several varying speed limits, including in residential areas where unless it is posted otherwise, the limit is 25 or 30 miles per hour (mph). On multi-lane highways it can vary between 45-70mph, so always look out for and follow the local speed limit signs.