One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
See the wonders of the West Coast with a Seattle RV rental
Rent an RV in Seattle and see this stunning part of America’s West Coast the way it was meant to be seen. Get yourself acclimated to the cosmopolitan ‘Emerald City’ and then answer the call of the wilderness that beckons just beyond. Seattle is famously surrounded by lush forests, picturesque waterways, and stunning mountain ranges, and a motorhome is the perfect way to tap in to the regions finest treasures on your own terms.
Explore our special offers
What you need to know about RV rental in Seattle, Washington
RV rental Seattle WA tips for the savvy traveller
It is possible to organize an airport pick up with certain rental providers and have your RV delivered to the airport, but you must organise this ahead of time with the local depot. If you’re flying into Seattle outside of business hours, you may need to make other arrangements. Plan ahead and stay in contact with the agent so that your RV rental trip goes off without a hitch.
Some driving pointers for your Seattle RV road trip
- Before you hit the highways of Washington, remember to familiarize yourself with your vehicle and ask the team at pick-up if you have any questions about your motorhome or driving in the region.
- Popular attractions like the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle are some of the busiest areas in Emerald City, and so, it is best to plan beforehand when you aim to visit them or even when passing by.
- Call ahead for RV parks or RV campgrounds to take advantage of all RV storage facilities and services you may need, as places can get busy and many work on a first-come, first-served basis. Boondocking in downtown Seattle is not advised for general safety reasons.
- Pay attention to weather reports, highway closures, and roadworks that may disrupt your travel plans. Be mindful of steep hills and winding roads both in the city and outside of Seattle, and watch out for roaming wildlife in wilderness areas.
You’re going to love Seattle
While seaside Seattle is known for its moody, rainy days, it attracts visitors from all over the world. Its funky art scene, quirky boutiques, and trendy cafe culture exude an air of cool simply unmatched anywhere else. The natural wonders of the Pacific Northwest including RV parks and campgrounds on its doorstep only add to the ambience and bring a sense of discovery travellers simply can’t resist.
Some nearby must-see attractions for your Seattle WA journey include:
- Green Lake is one of Seattle’s best-loved national and state parks. A three-mile hike loops around the lake and is an easy trail for beginners.
- Cougar Mountain National Park has a variety of hiking trails for different levels of fitness.
- Snoqualmie Falls. Just 45 minutes from the city, the thundering falls drop 270 feet and are impressively striking.
- Trailer Inns RV Park, about 20 minutes away from the airport, is a famous rest and recreation place which will not disappoint.
RV rental Seattle Washington: Where to go
Rent an RV when visiting Seattle and head for the mountains.
- Trails in the Cascade Mountains are easy to plan. They offer the most stunning views in the state and aren’t too strenuous for the kids.
- Easy Pass has a deceiving name. Despite being a little difficult, this hike will offer some of the most amazing alpine views of the North Cascades and Ragged Ridge.
- Mount Rainer is the perfect day trip, with climbs over glaciers in the summer and guided snowshoe walks in the winter. The ski resort is only a short drive away, too.
- Harry’s Ridge is a must-do hike. It’s an eight-mile round trip up the Volcano to the site of the Mt St. Helen eruption of 1980.
- Interested in wildlife? Well park up the RV and take a trip to Olympic National Park- a national park sanctuary that protects a vast wilderness and distinct ecosystems.
What our customers say
Kia ora, Thank you for the excellent experience,
User friendly, nice and easy browsing through the different options.
What I really appreciate is the Terms & Conditions
are not so wordy:)
Your website is awesome - love the colour scheme great on the eyes, tēnā rawa atu:)
Kind regards, Mon.T
How much does it cost to rent a RV in Seattle?
Use our easy search and booking tool to find the best rent RV Seattle deals. Average RV rentals prices vary depending on how early you book, the time of year, and the size of vehicle you choose. Luxury RV rental in Seattle, Washington is going to be a vastly different price than a small, no-frills rental. Type in your desired travel dates to browse what’s on offer across multiple RV rental brands—and remember that booking as early as possible gives you the best chance of getting the perfect RV for your trip at the best price.
What is the cheapest way to rent a RV?
The cheapest way to rent a Seattle, Washington RV is to go for a small, no-frills camper from a no-frills company at a time of year where your chosen destination has fewer tourists.
What’s included in the RV rental?
Seattle RV rental inclusions vary by brand, vehicle, and in some cases, price. From power generators and air conditioning to roadside assistance and included mileage, your Seattle motorhome rental could offer a variety of great amenities and services. Browse the terms and inclusions on each listing on the search results page to get an idea of what will automatically come with your RV rental and what you may need to request or pay extra for. All the information is readily available on the RV rental listings, but when in doubt, contact the pick up depot directly.
How old do I have to be to rent an RV from Seattle?
Most Seattle RV rental companies require drivers to be at least 25 years old to rent RVs or motorhomes from them, with some exceptions. Escape Campervans will rent to licensed drivers 21 years of age.
What’s required to rent or drive a RV?
To drive a campervan in Seattle, you need a full and valid driver's licence from your home country. If your license is not in English, you will also need to present an International Driving Permit (IDP) or equivalent document. You also must present a credit card for the booking.
Can I rent an RV one way from Seattle?
You can rent an RV one way from Seattle. Simply type in your desired destination and dates to see availability and prices. One-way RV rentals often incur an additional charge and each brand has different one-way policies. You can kick off your adventure from Seattle and drop off your RV rental in San Francisco, Las Vegas or Los Angeles. Some travellers even cross the USA border into Canada and drop the RV rental off in Vancouver.
What is the minimum rental period?
Motorhome rental Seattle companies have different minimum rental period policies. Some require you to rent a motorhome for at least 7 days (Escape Campervan Rental, for example), while others will let you rent for a shorter period of time but with a minimum cost equivalent of 4 days (Road Bear RV). As a general rule, longer rental periods offer the best value for money.
Are there RV rentals with unlimited mileage?
Most RV rentals in Seattle WA do not include unlimited mileage. Check the inclusions of each vehicle offering on the search results page to compare prices across brands. This is clearly outlined in the rental specs. Some brands will allow a certain number of miles per day, while others will require that you buy it all. All the information to rent an RV Seattle is included in the specs, but when in doubt, call the pick up depot directly.
Are RV rentals pet-friendly?
Not all RV rentals are pet friendly. In Seattle, Escape Campervan Rental is one brand that does allow pets, but most do not.
What is the speed limit in Seattle?
Seattle recently lowered the speed limit to 25 mph on all arterial streets to promote safety. Whether inside or outside the city, RVs and motorhomes should be driven below the speed limit, as they tend to be more difficult to stop quickly.