Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Get the best deal on Trinidad & Tobago car hire
Trinidad and Tobago is a pair of islands that enjoy a tropical climate in the Caribbean Sea, where they lie within just eleven kilometres off the coast of Venezuela. Trinidad was once a Spanish colony, while Tobago spent years being passed from one colonising empire to another. They finally became a republic in 1976, and today are known for their food, music, and annual Carnival - all of which are best experienced with a car hire.
Popular rental car locations in Trinidad & Tobago
GoSee – find the best car rental deals in Trinidad and Tobago
The capital is the Port of Spain, found on the island of Trinidad, and is packed with things to do and places to see. Stollmeyer’s Castle is an epic 20th-century structure that looks like it would be at home in a fairytale, while Fort George adds a touch of scenery over the port as well as a look into the history of the country.
Meanwhile on Tobago, you can land at Tobago Airport and get to any of the attractions on this tiny island within just a couple of hours. This island is all about rainforest and beaches, so you can easily map out your road trip to visit the famous beaches of Pigeon Point jetty and Englishman’s Bay, and the Argyle Falls.
You’ll have an endless list of places you want to see when you arrive, and a rental car is the perfect way to make it happen.
Hiring a car in Trinidad and Tobago with GoSee
To save time and include all the rental brands and their vehicles in your Trinidad and Tobago car hire search, use GoSee.
Simply enter your travel dates to generate a list of available vehicles from all leading rental suppliers in the country. You’ll automatically be presented with a page of cars with the most affordable options at the top, and you can narrow down those results with the filter options if you’re looking for something specific. You can even create your own shortlist by hitting the heart button on your favourites.
Use our 24/7 phone and email assistance if you have any questions, or go ahead and reserve your vehicle securely online without paying any additional fees. Confirmation is instant and you can easily manage your booking with our handy online reservation management system.
Top car rental locations in Trinidad & Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago is a country of two small islands, and both of them are easily navigable by car hire. In fact, you could easily do a loop around either one of them within a day. There are just three locations in the country where you can pick up and drop off your car rental, but you’ll find this is more than enough when you never have too far to drive.
On the larger island of Trinidad, it’s likely that you’ll arrive by plane and land at the Piarco Port of Spain Airport. You can rent a car at the Port of Spain Airport to get behind the wheel as soon as you land, or you can head into town and pick up your vehicle in Port of Spain itself. Also, keep in mind that you can opt to start your drive at one of these locations, and leave the rental at the other location if that better suits your travel plans.
Should you visit the island of Tobago, you’ll pick up your rental at the Tobago Airport. It only takes 90 minutes to drive from one end of the island to the other, so returning the car here at the end of your stay won’t cause any hassles.
Top car rental companies in Trinidad & Tobago
There are seven leading car hire companies in Trinidad & Tobago, and with so many to choose from, you’ll be able to take your pick of the brand that offers the best vehicle for the best price.
- Thrifty: A company that promises great value and no hidden fees.
- Avis: Avis focuses on earning customer loyalty with exceptional service and products.
- Budget: As the name suggests, Budget aims to offer wallet-friendly rental costs.
- Hertz: A large US brand that promises top-quality service and rentals.
- Fox: A smaller American brand focused on the discount rental market.
- Ace: Ace offers a wide range of vehicles and excellent customer service.
- Europcar: A French rental company with a focus on eco-friendly practices.
Confirm your rental with GoSee to secure free additional benefits and fantastic rates.
Road rules in Trinidad & Tobago
Trinidad & Tobago driving is somewhat unique as you’ll drive on the left-hand side of the road, but most of the vehicles there are right-hand drive. Speak to your supplier about this if it is a cause for concern.
Here are a few of the important road rules to know before you go:
- U-turns and red-light turns are illegal.
- Speed limits are usually 55km/h in built-up areas and 110km/h on toll highways.
- The maximum blood alcohol concentration level is 0.08%.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory and you must carry it on you.
Driving tips for Trinidad & Tobago
The highway system in Trinidad & Tobago is in good shape, but rural roads can require a little extra care when driving. Keep these tips in mind to help make your way around the islands:
- Avoid driving at night on weekends and holidays if possible, as locals are known for drink driving at these times.
- Pick up a GPS unit with your vehicle to avoid getting lost.
- Allow extra time to reach your destination if you’re leaving the main highways, as rural roads tend to be potholed.
- Keep to main public areas when driving in cities, as there are reports of carjacking outside of city centres.
- Avoid driving during the annual Carnival (two days before Ash Wednesday), as the roads get extremely congested during the festivities.