One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Rent a RV in Chicago and explore the Midwest
Chicago is one of the world’s great cities and a central place to rent an RV and start a campervan tour. Your first encounter will be an impressive skyline framing the waters of Lake Michigan. There are endless iconic sights from there, world-class museums, huge parks and adorable architecture will ensure you’ll never tire of this wonderful city. Let’s get you started with a great deal on Chicago RV rental— prepare to cover a lot of ground!
Explore our special offers
Find cheap RV rentals in Chicago with GoSee
Renting RV in Chicago is easy with GoSee. Simply enter your pick up location and the desired travel dates in our easy to use search engine. Filter the results by vehicle type, RV rental company, or price range. Search and compare deals and choose the perfect RV for your road trip in Chicago, Illinois.
What you need to know about RV rentals in Chicago
Camper rental Chicago tips for the savvy traveller
The problem for RV travellers visiting Chicago is there are no RV parks near downtown, but the rural areas near Chicago – Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin – offer a wide range of RV camping options. Be prepared when coming into the city that you may need to arrange alternative transport and accommodation until you pick you your Chicago RV rental.
Some pointers for driving an RV rental in Chicago
- Chicago is an enormous city with very busy roads. Before you hit Illinois’ highways, remember to familiarize yourself with your vehicle and ask the team at pick-up if you have any questions about your motorhome rental or driving in the region. Winging it is not advised in this bustling part of the USA.
- Route 66 starts in Chicago and is a well-worn state highway. If this is your planned route, make sure you get out of your camper often enough to mingle with the locals, eating at greasy spoon diners, and frequenting the roadside attractions. This is a big part of the RV rental road trip experience.
- Pay attention to weather reports, highway closures, and roadworks that may disrupt your travel plans. An updated navigational system is ideal, as are good old fashioned maps if power or service happens to fail.
You’re going to love Chicago
Chicago is an easy-to-navigate city grid, so park up the RV and stroll through the magnificent architecture—just remember to look up. Chicago is not just about buildings and skyline, but it also has numerous state parks and national parks, beaches and green spaces. There are nearly 600 parks, 26 miles of shoreline and 33 beaches to choose from.
Some nearby must-see attractions for your Chicago journey include:
- Local eats - Chicago is a town after any foodie’s heart, you must try a deep-dish pizza. Gino’s is good, but the buttercrust and signature sausage of Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria is also popular in the city. Hot dogs are another great option. What you’re looking for is a beef version on a poppy seed bun with yellow mustard, pickle relish, peppers, kosher dill pickle spear and celery salt.
- Navy Pier - With a Ferris wheel, museums, restaurants and fireworks during the summer, Navy Pier is a 50-yard playground on the shorefront of Lake Michigan is an exciting must-do for the whole family.
- Museum Campus - A 57-acre lakefront park that will easily while away your hours, this park surrounds three of Chicago’s world-class museums: Field Museum (where you’ll see the largest T-Rex ever found), Adler Planetarium, and Shedd Aquarium. While the museums are incredible, admiring the outdoor sculptures and views of Lake Michigan can be just as enjoyable.
- Lincoln Park Zoo - Looking for something fun and free to do in the city while on your RV Rental Chicago tour? Check out the Lincoln Park Zoo, one of the oldest zoos in the country, and enjoy a full-day experience with their wide variety of animals and various special events and shows.
RV rentals Chicago: Where to go
Rent a RV, hit the dusty trail and discover Chicago, IL.
Lake Michigan Circle Tour
If you were to do this highly popular 900-mile tour that passes through Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan with no stops, it would take roughly 14.5 hours. But you may want to make many stops along the way to visit places such as Traverse City (the cherry capital of the US), Green Bay, and the Door Peninsula.
Shawnee National Park
Spanning almost 290,000 acres, this gorgeous outdoor wonderland offers an abundance of energetic activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and rock climbing. Positioned 6 hours south of Chicago, it is also has the Garden of the Gods—a particularly stunning area with natural rock formations.
Starved Rock State Park is just under 2 hours from Chicago. This gorgeous state park is known for its picturesque waterfalls and canyons. Here you can enjoy hiking, horseback riding, picnicking, and so much more. Illinois Beach State Park and Chain O Lakes near the Wisconsin border are great options to get into the woodlands. You may also try fishing or canoeing and enjoy the 3000-acre park.
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
The largest part of prehistoric earthwork in the Americas can also be found in Illinois, almost 4.5 hours from Chicago. A UNESCO World Heritage site and a National Historic Landmark, it is where an estimated 10,000 – 20,000 inhabitants lived around AD 700 – 1400.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
RV rentals Chicago: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent an RV in Chicago?
Prices of Chicago RV rentals vary depending on how early you book, the season, and the type of vehicle you choose. The difference in price between a luxury RV rental in Chicago and a cheap campervan is significant. Type in your travel dates to view and compare the most current offers across multiple brands. Book well in advance to get the best RV rental deal to explore the "Windy City".
What’s included in the RV rental?
When you rent an RV Chicago, the inclusions will vary by brand, vehicle, and price. Browse the terms and inclusions on each listing on the search results page to get an idea of what will automatically come with your RV rental and what you may need to request or pay extra for.
How old do I have to be to rent a RV in Chicago?
You need to be at least 21 years of age to rent a RV in Chicago, IL.
What’s required to rent or drive an RV rental in Chicago?
To drive a motorhome rental in Chicago, you need a full and valid driver's licence from your home country. If your license is not in English, you will also need to present an International Driving Permit (IDP) or equivalent document. You also must present a credit card for the booking.
Can I rent a RV one way from Chicago?
Yes, you can rent a RV one way from Chicago. Simply type in your desired destination and dates to see availability and prices. Each brand has different one-way policies, and one-way rentals usually incur an additional cost. From IL Chicago, popular one-way USA road trip ideas include RV rental adventure in New York, Denver, or Miami.
What is the minimum rental period?
RV rental companies in Chicago IL have different minimum rental period policies. Certain ones require a minimum rental while others require a minimum cost equivalent. There is currently a minimum RV rental price equivalent to a 7-day rental, meaning to get the most bang for your buck, you should rent a Chicago RV for at least a week.
Are there RV rentals with unlimited mileage?
Most RV rentals in Chicago do not include unlimited mileage. Check the inclusions of each vehicle on the search results page to compare mileage offerings across brands. Some brands will allow a certain number of miles per day, while others will charge per mile at the end of the journey. All the information is included in the vehicle specs, but when in doubt, call the pick up depot directly.
Can I add additional drivers to the rental contract?
Yes. Every person in your group who wishes to drive your Chicago campervan rental must present their full, valid driver’s license upon collection of the RV. In addition, all drivers are required to sign the rental agreement.
Are RV rentals pet-friendly?
Some RV rentals are pet friendly and some are not. Check the specifications on each motorhome rental listing to find out which rent RV Chicago companies allow pets.
What is the speed limit in Chicago?
The standard speed limit on the urban streets of Illinois is 30 mph. In Chicago’s school zones, hospitals, and other high traffic areas, the limit is closer to 20 mph.