One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Explore Italy with Vanitaly
Vanitaly is a rental company that focuses purely on vans that have been converted and prepared for camping - and is the only brand in Italy to do so. They promote the freedom of road trip travel and sleeping anywhere that suits you, while also having the ease of driving a standard van.
Why book a campervan with Vanitaly?
Vanitaly is a company passionate about van travel, especially as many of the roads and streets around the country are not suited for ultra-wide motorhomes. As well as loving van travel and knowing Italy well, here are a few more reasons to consider renting with Vanitaly:
- Low minimum driver age of 20.
- Discounts available for long-term rentals.
- Optional accessories available for hire such as chemical toilets, solar showers, and bike racks.
- Unlimited kilometres within Italy for minimum seven-day rentals.
- 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Range of vans to suit all travel types.
- Multiple locations around Italy.
Take your pick from the Vanitaly fleet
There are five vans available in the Vanitaly fleet, so take a closer look to see which one best suits your travel needs.
- Mercedes Westfalia Marco Polo: This van sleeps four with its interior double bed and additional sleeping space in the pop-top roof. It also includes a sink, fridge, and gas cooker for basic meals on the road.
- Volkswagen T4 Reimo Arkdesign Con Bagno: This van includes a double bed and two singles thanks to its pop-up roof, as well as basic cooking equipment and a bathroom and shower.
- Volkswagen T4 Westfalia California: This four-berth van includes two double beds, as well as two gas rings, a sink and fridge for quick meals on the go.
- Fiat Ducato Adria Van: The Fiat Ducato is compact and fully equipped with sleeping space for four, as well as a bathroom and shower and basic cooking facilities.
- Fiat Ducato Eurocamp Trigano: The largest van in the fleet, this four-berth camper includes a bathroom on board and additional interior space.
Where can I rent a campervan from Vanitaly?
Vanitaly is a nationwide campervan rental company, and there are six depots dotted around Italy where you can start or finish your road trip.
Gatteo is a small lesser-known gem on the east coast of Italy. It’s the ideal place to begin a road trip along the coastline, or to visit nearby cities Bologna and Ravenna.
As the capital of Italy, you could easily spend a week here exploring the countless attractions. Rome is also centrally located, so you can also use it as a base for exploring nearby areas, such as the ruins of Pompeii to the southeast, or the coastal city of Genoa in the north.
Bologna is a beautiful city in the northeast of Italy, making it well placed to begin any road trip to places such as Venice, Verona, and Milan.
The heart of the Tuscany region, Florence is a whimsical city rich in Renaissance art and history. It’s also not far from Pisa or Genoa if you’re looking for short trips away.
The City of Bridges - but none that you can cross in a van - Venice is a must-see for every world-traveller. You’ll leave your campervan at the gate to explore the canals of this unique hotspot, but pick it up to strike out on a road trip around Italy’s northern region.
The world’s capital for fashion and design, Milan is a fascinating place to kick off your Italian road trip. From the city lights, you can drive to other northern locations such as nearby Turin and Genoa.
Book your campervan with Vanitaly for an easy-to-drive vehicle with all the basic amenities you need on board.
How much does it cost to rent a camper with Vanitaly?
The price to hire a campervan with Vanitaly vairies depending on the season you travel and the type of vehicle you hire. As an example, in December, it could cost around 100-130 EUR per day to hire with Vanitaly.
Is there a bond that is applied?
Yes, there is a bond of 1000 EUR. However, this is refundable at the end of your rental if there are no damages or issues with the vehicle.