One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Explore NZ with Road Runner Rentals
A family-owned and operated company, Road Runner Rentals has been in the business of offering reliable, affordable and functional campervans since 2006. Those on the team are well travelled in New Zealand, meaning they can answer your questions and provide all the advice you need for your trip.
Why hire a campervan in New Zealand with Road Runner Rentals?
As well as years of experience and a helpful crew, Road Runner Rentals offer useful benefits and features for those considering hiring a campervan in New Zealand.
- Free 24/7 roadside assistance with the AA
- Unlimited kilometres
- Free airport transfers
- No charge for additional drivers
- After hours returns allowed if arranged in advance
- Discounts on some tourist attractions around New Zealand
- Regular checks and servicing on all vehicles to ensure reliability
Road Runner Rentals also supports local schools and charities.
The New Zealand Road Runner Rentals fleet
Road Runner Rentals have a fleet including seven different campervans and motorhome types to cater to all travel needs. Be sure to check out each one before booking, as even if you don’t ‘need’ a larger camper, it can be nice to have the additional space.
- Freedom 2 Berth: The Freedom camper comes with a double bed, fridge, and basic kitchen facilities such as a sink and gas cooker. It also has a portaloo.
- Clubby 2 Berth: The Clubby offers a little more storage space, and is fitted with a sink, kitchen basics, a portaloo, and a queen bed.
- HiWay Runner 2 Berth: The HiWay Runner is the latest camper by Road Runner Rentals, offering charging stations, WiFi, added space, and smooth driving experience. It comes with a double or two single beds, basic kitchen equipment, and a toilet.
- Queenie 2 Berth: The Queenie offers great fuel economy and an easy drive in late-model Toyota HiAces. It sleeps two adults and a child (max 50kg) and has a small kitchen and toilet.
- Sprinter 2 Berth: The Sprinter is known for comfort and power, and includes all the basics you need for an autonomous road trip such as toilet, shower, and basic kitchen.
- Navigator 4 Berth: The Navigator motorhome is designed with comfort in mind. It features a bathroom and kitchen, as well as air conditioning, a CD player, and more.
- Explorer 6 Berth: The largest motorhome in the fleet, the Explorer comfortably sleeps six and is equipped with a shower and toilet, and a kitchen with an 80-litre fridge.
Road Runner Rentals pick up locations in New Zealand
- Christchurch, the “Garden City” is a primary entry point for many travellers to New Zealand’s south. You can explore the South Island from Christchurch, either on a one-way Christchurch to Queenstown road trip or on a big round-trip loop that will take you to Invercargill and back.
- Auckland is known as the City of Sails, and is New Zealand’s largest city. Many visitors will arrive here and look around before heading throughout the North Island or the country.
Road Runner Rentals can also arrange for pick ups in other locations such as Queenstown if you prefer a one-way rental. However, you will need to contact the team directly to discuss the timing and additional costs for this service. Enjoy exploring in your Road Runner rental!
Does Road Runner allow one-way trips from the North Island to the South Island and vice-versa?
Yes, Road Runner do allow this, but they have a fee that applies which costs around $250-$650 depending on the season and location you hire from.
Does Road Runner provide free airport transfers?
Yes, Road Runner Rentals provides free transfers from the airport to their depot.