One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Explore Europe with McRent campervans
McRent is a large campervan rental company that operates all over Europe. The company’s philosophy revolves around all rentals being fair, easy, and safe - as in, you’ll be given the vehicle group you actually requested, you’ll enjoy a good selection at reasonable prices, and you’ll drive new models with ABS brakes and other safety features.
Why book a campervan with McRent in Germany?
As well as sticking to their goals of providing fair, easy and safe campervan and motorhome rentals all over Germany, McRent offers travellers several other useful perks for once you hit the road.
Here are a few more reasons to consider hiring a campervan in Germany with McRent.
- Additional drivers at no extra cost
- Travel outside of Germany - but within Europe - at no extra cost
- Unlimited kilometres (although some special deals may have daily limits)
- Additional equipment such as snow chains available for hire
- Bike rack included on all campers except for Urban Standard Group
The McRent campervan fleet
There are five categories of campervans and motorhomes available for hire in Germany with McRent. Plus, there are different options within each category, which can help to ensure you find exactly what you want and need from your vehicle.
- Urban: The Urban category includes a standard, plus, and luxury model. The standard is the smallest and simplest camper, with space for two people (or up to four) but no toilet or shower. The plus is a compact model made for two with a small bathroom, and the luxury has space for four with a small bathroom and kitchenette.
- Compact: The Compact category offers plus and luxury models. The plus has two beds, a bathroom, and kitchenette, and the luxury is a larger fully self-contained motorhome with space for four.
- Family: The Family category includes standard, plus, and luxury models. All three models include a bathroom and kitchen, and the standard has space for four adults, the plus offers beds for four adults and two kids, and the luxury model has room for up to six adults.
- Comfort: The Comfort category is all about an easy and cosy road trip with all the amenities you could need, including living and dining areas, and a bathroom and kitchen. The standard model is made for two people, while the plus and luxury models offer space for four.
- Premium: The top of the range is the Premium category, where every detail is high-tech and top-quality. All three models are designed for four people, although the plus can fit up to six adults.
Note that not all categories will always be available at all depots around Germany.
McRent depot locations in Germany
McRent is located all over Germany. In fact, there are roughly 30 depots dotted around the country. However, it’s important to note that McRent does not allow for one-way travel, so you will need to plan a round-trip route in order to return your motorhome to the same location as you picked it up.
Here are some of the major cities where you’ll find a McRent depot.
- Frankfurt: Frankfurt is located near the centre of Germany, making for an ideal starting point to explore all over the country.
- Hamburg: Hamburg is in the north of Germany, making it easy to discover this region or even to visit neighbouring Denmark.
- Munich: A Munich round-trip itinerary will let you explore the beautiful southern region of Germany.
- Berlin: In the northeast corner of Germany, Berlin is a historic city worth visiting in its own right. Begin a motorhome adventure here for a round trip throughout the country.
Discover Germany and Europe with a motorhome hire from McRent.
Can I travel around Europe with a McRent vehicle?
Yes, you can travel to most European countries, excluding:
Can I hire a vehicle if I am 18?
Unfortunately, the minimum age is to hire a vehicle with McRent is 21 years of age for most vehicles and 25+ for premium vehicles.