One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
See Tasmania in a Leisure Rent Campervan
Leisure Rent is one of the newest car hire companies in Australia, and focuses purely on campervan rentals in Tasmania. The team behind the wheel has 30 years of experience in the industry, so you can count on know-how and excellent service when you pick up your campervan. Here’s a little more about the perks of hiring with Leisure Rent in Australia, what’s available in their fleet, and where you can pick up and drop off your camper.
Why choose Leisure Rent Australia?
Leisure Rent Australia is a down-to-earth company that works hard to offer a modern fleet of campervans to those visiting Tasmania. Here are a few great reasons to consider hiring with them:
- Damage cover is included in your rental fee.
- All rentals come with crockery and cutlery.
- Choose from optional extras such as baby seats and GPS.
- Three locations within Tasmania, making it easy to book a one-way rental.
- All customer reviews are hosted on a third-party site for unbiased, open feedback.
- Long-term rental discounts of up to 10% off the daily rate.
- More than 30 years of industry experience.
- E-Sign technology allows you to read and sign the rental contract before you arrive for a faster pick-up process.
- E-Key at select locations allows you to simply grab your key and go - no lineups or long waits at the depot.
The Leisure Rent Australia fleet
There is just one campervan in the Leisure Rent Australia fleet, and that’s a four-berth high-top camper.
These models are all from 2017 to 2018 and are all automatic transmission for easy driving, which can be a huge help if you’re new to driving on the left-hand side of the road.
In each camper, you will find:
- A convertible dinette which transforms into a double bed.
- A roof bunk.
- A microwave and stove.
- A sink and fridge.
- A solar panel to help maintain battery power.
- Basic cookware, crockery and cutlery.
- Cleaning supplies.
Leisure Rent pick-up locations in Australia
There are three Leisure Rent depots where you can book your campervan rental in Tasmania. The company is happy to allow one-way rentals, making it easy to organise a campervan that suits your travel plans.
Many travellers will arrive in the capital Hobart at the airport, making this an obvious choice for campervan rental. That said, Hobart is also the perfect starting point for many Tasmanian holidays, including trips to the beautiful Freycinet Peninsula, historic Port Arthur, and even a round-trip taste of Tasmania that covers the entire island.
Launceston is the second largest city in the state, located in the north of the island. It’s an excellent place to begin road trips to Cradle Mountain, Montezuma Falls, and the Bay of Fires on the northeast coastline.
Devonport Airport offers an additional pick up and drop off location. You’ll find it on the northern coast of Tasmania, where you can instantly hop off the plane, then make a beeline for the beaches along the shore all the way up to Stanley. Plus, this location is the closest to Cradle Mountain.
Keep in mind when deciding where to pick up your Tasmania campervan rental that the two furthest apart locations (Devonport and Hobart) are just 3.5 hours away from one another. This means that you’ll never have more than a day’s drive ahead of you no matter where you’re going.
In which locations are Leisure Rent based?
Leisure Rent is based out of Tasmania and has three depots; one in Hobart, one in Launceston and one in Devonport.
What insurance options does Leisure Rent provide?
Leisure Rent offers a stress-free package which ranges from $55-$60 AUD and reduces your excess to $0 and also comes with some extras, for example, bedding/outdoor table and chairs, GPS, Child seats, extra driver fee.