One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Travel New Zealand in a Discover NZ Motorhome
Discover NZ Motorhomes is a small and passionate brand helping visitors and locals alike to explore the cities, mountains, and coastlines of New Zealand. They have been in business since 2003, and their boutique-style service helps them offer personalised experiences for motorhome travellers.
The benefits of booking with Discover NZ Motorhomes
Discover NZ Motorhomes is a smaller rental brand in New Zealand, which means you’ll enjoy personal service and more flexibility in your motorhome hire. Here are a few more great reasons to consider renting an RV with Discover NZ Motorhomes:
- Zero hidden fees or costs.
- Exceptional customer service (Discover NZ Motorhomes is a multi-award winning brand).
- Short minimum rental periods of seven days (excluding Christmas and New Years).
- Unlimited kilometres.
- No fees for additional drivers.
- Cooking equipment and utensils included with all rentals.
- 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Complimentary transfers for any airport or accommodation within 10 kilometres of the depot.
- Drivers age minimum of 21 (some rental companies require age 25 or older).
The Discover NZ Motorhomes fleet
There are three campervans available in the Discover NZ Motorhomes fleet. Take a look to see which vehicle best suits your travel style and needs:
- Two-berth Hi-Ace: This compact and easy-to-drive campervan is ideal for couples and pairs of travelling friends. It has a small fridge with freezer compartment, a gas hob, and cold water for basic meals on board, as well as a heater and cosy bed.
- Two-berth with bathroom: The two-berth Ford Transit comes with a shower compartment and cassette toilet for a self-contained campervan option. It’s still easy to drive and comes with a gas cooker, fridge, and microwave oven, as well as solar batteries to keep you running.
- Four- to six-berth Imala Deluxe: Suited for families or small groups, the Imala Deluxe sleeps up to six people. It includes a shower and cassette toilet, a small onboard kitchen, and a heater.
Discover NZ Motorhomes depots around New Zealand
There are several depots located around New Zealand, so you can easily plan an adventure anywhere in the country. Additionally, Discover NZ Motorhomes offers the option for pick ups and drops offs in Blenheim, Queenstown, Dunedin, Wellington, or Greymouth. There would be a fee involved and you would need to arrange this ahead of time, but it can make your journey more convenient if those locations better suit your travel plans.
For those looking to take on an adventure throughout New Zealand, Auckland is a great place to start. When you land, pick up your motorhome in Auckland and take your pick of our amazing New Zealand itineraries, such as this Auckland to Queenstown road trip that will introduce you to both islands.
Christchurch is your gateway to the South Island - for hiking, biking, and exploring throughout summer, and adventurous trips to ski fields over winter. Plan a Christchurch round trip motorhome itinerary for a taste of the mainland you’ll remember forever.
Located at the tip of the South Island, Nelson is surrounded by ethereal natural beauty and endless golden beaches. It’s the place to go for hiking, biking, and all things beachy, and can be an excellent starting point for road trips around the South Island - such as this round trip itinerary from Nelson to Christchurch.
A stone’s throw from Nelson, Picton is a port town at the top of the South Island. Most people will arrive in Picton after getting off the ferry from Wellington, which is why Discover NZ Motorhomes offers pick up from the ferry terminal.
Get ready to fall in love with Aotearoa with Discover NZ Motorhomes!
Can you drive a motorhome on a NZ driver's licence?
What are the most reliable motorhomes?
This depends on your preferences, however safety rating, number of people that it can accommodate and transmission may all be key factors.