Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore Missouri with a St. Louis Airport car rental
Pick up a St. Louis Airport rental car and experience a city known for baseball, beer, and the iconic Gateway Arch. Oozing with American history, visitors will be surprised by the number of attractions in this Midwestern hub on the banks of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers—and many of them are free! You can explore the art museum, history museum, science centre, and the zoo, all for the low, low price of zero dollars. Sports lovers have their pick of events to choose from, while foodies and beer lovers can easily eat and drink their way through some of the finest fare around. What are you waiting for? Get a deal on St. Louis car rental and lock in a trip to the Gateway City.
Explore our special offers
Picking up rental cars at St. Louis Airport
St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) is the largest and busiest airport in Missouri. Named after Olympic medallist and St. Louis aviator Albert Bond Lambert, the two-terminal facility has multiple retail shops and dining options as well as several other amenities and services for your comfort. Visitors can access 60 minutes of free WiFi, and pay for extra time if required. Most car rental companies have rental desks on site, and cars located at a different location. Free shuttle service is provided by all rental car companies to off-airport facilities. Please return vehicles directly to off-site locations.
Getting around with a St. Louis Airport car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up a car rental in St. Louis.
- Lambert Airport is 23 kilometres northwest of downtown St. Louis. There are two easy
- routes from the airport to the city that take around 20 minutes each with normal traffic.
- Option 1: Hop on the I-70 E and stay on until exit 249B to downtown St. Louis. Option 2: Take I-170 S to I-64 E and exit on to 14th Street. Expect delays during rush hour.
- The highways around the city can be a bit overwhelming. If you’re planning on driving to other locations like Chicago or Atlanta, use a car system GPS and stay close to the right lane when planning an exit.
- Construction zones can cause delays in the city. Check out closures prior to setting off, map out your rental cars St Louis Airport route, and give yourself extra time.
- In the city center, park your St Louis rental car in garages if you’ll be out for multiple hours. On-street parking spot is limited to two hours. Most spots are free after 7pm from Monday to Saturday and free all day on Sundays. Adhere to signposted rules to avoid fines.
- For speed limits, 20-25 mph is permitted in school zones and residential areas. 60 mph is allowed on urban interstates and highways, rural freeways allow 70 mph. Always follow the posted signs should when driving your St Louis Airport rental car.
- Please note that only permitted additional driver must drive the rental car (aside from the renter). Additional authorized drivers must also be at least 21 years old, and must also possess a valid driver's license or international driver's permit.
- Petrol rates fluctuate in Missouri just as much as anywhere else in the United States, but you can generally expect to pay around USD$3.4 per liter. Don't forget to top up your car hire St Louis before returning it to avoid any further charges.
What to put on your agenda with a car rental from St. Louis Airport
Get a bird’s eye view from the top of this iconic monument—the tallest in the USA!—with a 630-foot tram ride. Don’t forget to visit the city museum while touring in your car/minivan rental.
St. Louis Station
Like many places in St. Louis, you get a few attractions in one. Once one of the busiest and largest passenger terminals in the world, St. Louis Station is now home to an aquarium, the St. Louis Wheel, restaurants, a hotel, and much more. Head your St Louis Airport rental car to this place and enjoy the activities with your family.
Stretch your legs at one of the largest urban parks in the USA. Once home to the 1904 World Fair, 1300 acres of city-owned land now hosts a multitude of attractions and entertainment year-round.
St. Lewis Breweries
Take a tour of the Anheuser Busch Brewery to see some living history of the US beer industry. You might even see the Clydesdale horses! While you’re at it, don’t miss sampling flavours from other local breweries.
St. Louis Science Center
The Saint Louis Science Center showcases 700+ interactive experiences, the GROW agricultural pavilion, McDonnell Planetarium, and an Omnimax Theater. As the only free nonprofit science museum in the US, this place encourages curious minds to explore, create, and share their ideas.
This baseball stadium has been home to the St. Louis Cardinals, the city's Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise. The stadium has a seating capacity of 44,494, and contains 3,706 club seats and 61 luxury suites.
GoSee’s top tips for car rental St. Louis
- There are many car rental companies represented at St. Louis Lambert International Airport, and while you will collect your keys in the arrivals area, you will need to take a shuttle to pick up the rental vehicle.
- Consider your plans when choosing a car rental. If you will spend most of your time in the city, an economy-size or compact vehicle will be the most efficient option. Larger vehicles and SUVs would better suit wider travel around Missouri.
- If planning a USA road trip, most rental companies allow one-way rentals from St. Louis Airport to other locations (especially those with airport locations), so you could drive your rental car to Indianapolis, or Dallas. You can also opt to end your car hire trip in Omaha or Memphis.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rental St. Louis Airport: Frequently asked questions
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or away from the airport?
The price to rent a car from the airport or away from the airport can depend on a number of factors, so rates can fluctuate. While an off-airport location can sometimes have lower daily rental rates, it is also important to consider the convenience of the location and the inclusions. Compare offers and deals using the search function on this page.
Pre-booking a car rental at St Louis Airport is the most efficient and most affordable option. Pick up the vehicle as soon as you land and drive away with no worries.
What type of car is recommended for driving in St. Louis?
There is a wide range of vehicles available for you when you book through GoSee. Choose from various types including economy (Hyundai Accent or similar), intermediate (Nissan Versa or similar), or SUV (Mitsubishi Outlander or similar). Also, you may find large vehicle types like Toyota Camry Sedan or Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, or similar.
When you rent a car from suppliers with airport locations, proceed to the rental counter of your chosen provider near the baggage claim area. You may also opt for depots in nearby locations. Just make sure to adhere to the pick up service policies and read your rental agreement thoroughly.
How often do Budget shuttles run?
The Budget shuttles run at regular intervals at St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) until 10pm. Please note that this brand does not offer free pick up service to travelers who chose to get a rental car from an off-airport Budget location. So either you need to hire your car at the airport, or have your own transportation going to the off-airport depot.
On the other hand, Southwest Airlines customers can catch the shuttle until 11pm. After 11pm, customers must catch the Avis shuttle to reach their car rental locations.
What is included in the rental rate?
When you are done with your St Louis Airport car hire selections, you will find everything itemized that’s included in the rental, from unlimited mileage to Collision Damage Waiver and 24-Hour Roadside Assistance. You will also see the optional extras available for you. Also, it clearly states what payments have to be made when you book the vehicle and which payments are made when you collect the vehicle. No booking fees, no hidden charges!
Ensure you have enough insurance coverage before you get on the road. Make it a habit to read the renters' existing coverage terms and conditions, especially on topics such as owner rental vehicle third-party liability protection/third-party liability insurance coverage, minimum financial responsibility limits, statutory minimum underlying limits before you complete your booking.
Which car rental companies in St. Louis have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most car rental companies in St. Louis have updated their vehicle cleaning policies because of COVID-19. For added peace of mind, you can filter your search results by ‘Enhanced cleaning’ to ensure your vehicle goes through a thorough disinfection process prior to pick up. For further queries about these cleaning protocols, you may also contact the location phone number listed for your chosen car rental agency.
How much does it cost to get a rental car in St. Louis Airport?
Prices vary depending on many factors such as car rental locations, vehicle availability, brand, season, dates of pick up/drop off. St Louis Lambert International Airport car rentals on average can cost around USD$69 per day. The lowest-priced options are generally Compact and Economy models, while top prices are charged for SUVs, Premium models, and People Movers.
Please note that long-term car rental is usually cheaper than getting it by the day. In fact, you can get a hire car at Saint Louis Airport for around USD$1671 per month (USD$69 per day). Check current prices across multiple brands with a quick comparison using the search function on this page.
Can I rent a car from Lambert-St. Louis Intl. Airport (STL)?
Getting around St Louis is easy with your own wheels. Renting a vehicle is recommended if you're planning to stroll inside or outside the city for your convenience and peace of mind. Many rental agencies are available for your car rental needs at the airport.
If you are at least 21 years old (20 years for Hertz), have a full and valid driver's license, and have a credit card in your name, you can rent a car from Lambert-St. Louis Intl. Airport (STL). If your driver's license is not written in English, you may also require an International Driver's Permit or a suitable translation.
Which car rental companies are at St Louis International Airport (STL)?
There are many hire car companies operating at Saint Louis Airport with depots located on the ground floor. Big-name international and local companies that are trusted and familiar are just waiting for you. You may find on-site hire desks for the following companies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty, National. Collect your car rentals St Louis Airport as soon as you land and get on the road sooner.
To return your vehicle, usually, hire cars are returned to where you got them. There are car park signs at the airport you can follow. For those who got their car rentals at the depot, it's best to check with your chosen provider.
How do I find the best rental car deals?
You came to the right website for the best rental car St Louis Airport deals! Gone are the days of having to scour the Internet catching discount code after another discount code just to secure the cheapest rates. Our partnership with the top-performing local and international brands allows us to offer unbeatable deals you can access here.
Also, if you wish to save more, there is no better way than booking it early - around 3 to 6 months before your travel date. But if it’s not possible, our website allows you to take advantage of the rental car deals that are worth every penny. Just use the search function above to find a cheap car hire that suits your needs and schedule. Get the best car rental at St Louis Airport when you book with GoSee today.
Do you offer vehicle delivery?
Many Saint Louis hire car suppliers offer delivery and setup services, usually for an extra fee or within an allowable pick up distance. Each listing shows whether or not vehicle delivery is an option.