Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
See the best of Washington with Spokane Airport car rental
Pick up a rental car from Spokane Airport and enjoy a fantastic mix of urban activity and outdoor experiences. You can visit incredible parks and stunning waterfalls without even leaving the city, but you’ll want to venture out a bit further to experience the beauty and wildlife of the nearby forests and mountains. With myriad options for hiking, kayaking, skiing and snowboarding, Spokane is a charming and picturesque city to explore in every season. Secure a rental car deal for your visit, today.
Picking up Spokane Airport car rentals
Spokane International Airport is split into three terminals, each equipped with shops, traveller services, restaurants and bars. Get your caffeine fix at Starbucks or catch up on sports at MVP Bar & Grill. Enjoy complimentary WiFi service in any airport terminal.
After picking up your luggage at baggage claim, you’ll find your chosen rental counter in the Ground Transportation Center, next to the A/B Concourse Baggage Claim Area at the north end of the terminal building.
Rental cars Spokane Airport: Finding your way around
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Spokane Airport car rental:
- It’s only a quick 15-minute drive to the city center from Spokane Intl Airport (GEG). For the fastest route, merge onto US-2 E and stay on the left to follow signs and merge onto I-90 E/US-2 E. Exit at ramp 280, then turn left on Lincoln Street to arrive in downtown Spokane.
- The I-90 is the major interstate highway connecting Spokane to the rest of the country, cutting east to west through the center. US 195 and US 2 run north to south, but not straight through the centre.
- Parking is plentiful in the downtown area, with a mix of paid and unpaid parking and multiple payment methods available. Metered on-street parking costs roughly US$1.20 per hour, while a spot in a garage costs about US$10 for the day.
- Spokane gets more snow than the national average. Expect icy conditions between the winter months of November through March.
- Be alert for deer, elk, and other animals on country roads—especially when driving at dusk and dawn during your Spokane car rental road trip.
Things to see and do with your Spokane Airport car rental
The must-visit hotspot of Spokane is undoubtedly Riverfront Park, an incredible space of history, leisure, recreation, arts, events, and community gathering. Come for the sightseeing and stay for the fun!
There are multiple viewing points to enjoy the spectacular spectacle of the upper and lower levels of Spokane Falls, including a pedestrian bridge and a gondola ride. Hot tip - visit in the Spring to see the heaviest water flow.
Mount Spokane State Park
An hour’s drive north in your Spokane car rental will bring you to the stunning nature of Mount Spokane State Park. Nearly 14,000 acres of incredible trails, wildlife viewing, and recreational opportunities await your visit.
Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture
Learn about the fascinating origins of the region with a visit to the largest cultural institution of its kind in the Inland Northwest. Rotating exhibits, underground galleries, and expansive collections showcase art, artefacts and history.
Car rental Spokane top tips
- If you’re looking for no-frills, cheap rental cars from Spokane International Airport, Thrifty Car Rental and Dollar Car Rental often have the cheapest deals available on our site.
- If you’re heading for the ski hills or into the mountains for any reason, you might want to opt for a larger, sturdier rental option like an SUV. Multiple brands offer them at a fair price.
- Hertz is one of the rare car rental companies that will rent vehicles to drivers 20 years of age.
- Travelling with a big group? Spokane Airport has a decent selection of vans and people movers.
- Always take advantage of the free pick up service offered by rental providers if their depot is at an off airport location.
- The handouts or flyers freely given at the rental counter may contain a discount code or two from partner restaurants or fuel stations, so don't hesitate to take them.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rental Spokane: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car in Spokane, Washington?
The cost of renting a car in Spokane, Washington depends on several factors including demand, season, and availability. The daily cost could be anywhere from US$34 to US$300. Compare multiple brands using the search tool on this page to find the most current rates.
Which car rental companies are located at Spokane, WA Airport?
There are several car rental companies located at Spokane International Airport GEG at Airport Dr., including Hertz, Avis, Alamo, National, Dollar, Enterprise, Thrifty and Budget.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Spokane?
You must be at least 21 years of age to rent a car from most rental companies in Spokane, with the exception of Hertz which allows 20-year-old drivers to rent. Most companies also add a young drivers surcharge for anyone under the age of 25.
Which car rental companies in Spokane have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
All rental car companies serving Spokane Washington have aligned their practices with the health and safety standards mandated by the USA government. Every Spokane WA car rental agency is implementing cleanliness and health protocols that cover their vehicles, their rental offices or venues, and their staff.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or off site?
It is often cheaper to rent a car off site and away from the airport, due to the additional fees associated with on site airport car rentals. However, the convenience factor, benefits provided, and the cost of getting to and from the airport should be considered in your price comparison.
Where are the car rental counters at Spokane Airport?
The Spokane Airport rental car counters are located in the Ground Transportation Center, next to the A/B Concourse Baggage Claim Area at the north end of the terminal building.
What should I bring with me when I collect my car at Spokane Airport?
Bring your full, valid driver’s license, a second valid form of identification, and a credit card for the booking. Any additional authorized drivers will also need to provide a driver’s license and ID. For non-residents of the US/foreign nationals - without a US driver's license or counterpart Canadian driver's license, it would mean your home country license must be brought all the time along with an international driver's permit (IDP). It is best practice to bring the renter's driver's license at all times, with minimum validity of three years, because temporary driver's licenses will not be allowed at any rental location.
Can I collect a car from Spokane Airport and return it somewhere else?
Yes, you can book one-way car rental Spokane Airport and return it somewhere else, whether to another city within the state like Seattle, or to other car rental locations across the USA. In some cases, you could even rent a vehicle one-way across the border and go on a car hire adventure in Canada. Popular options include a car rental trip in Vancouver or Abbotsford. Simply type your desired destination into the search form on this page to browse regulations and review additional costs.
What is the speed limit in Spokane?
Spokane County has standard speed limits that should be followed in the absence of signage. Paved roads in rural areas have a 45 mph speed limit while gravel roads are 35 mph. Urban streets are 25 mph while all arterial roads are 35 mph. Note that this is only a summary, so there may be differences in some areas.
When is the best time to hire a car in Spokane?
Late spring and early summer are the ideal times for enjoying the sights of Spokane, but it is also the busiest time for tourists. You may get a better rental car deal in the fall and still be able to enjoy all the city has to offer.
Who can drive a rental car from Spokane Intl Airport (GEG)?
To rent a car and drive it, the renter must also be a qualified driver. Please be aware that the minimum driver's age must be 21 years old. Besides the hirer/renter, only permitted additional driver is allowed to drive the rental car. Additional authorized drivers must also satisfy the driver's license requirements. Driver qualifications are to be strictly imposed during the entire rental period, from the time of pick up from the car rental facility, to that time the vehicle is brought back to the car rental return at Spokane Airport (GEG).