Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Discover music and more with a Memphis Airport car rental
Pick up a rental car at Memphis Airport and discover the home of blues, soul and rock n’ roll. Sitting on the banks of the Mississippi in southwest Tennessee, Memphis is a city of important history and American heritage. Explore the roots of this inspiring city with a visit to the museums and cultural institutions by day, and indulge yourself in the iconic entertainment venues by night. Memphis offers captivating educational opportunities, incredible arts and culture, and a culinary scene where BBQ is just the beginning. Get a deal on Memphis car rental and explore a city full of personality and authenticity.
Picking up your Memphis International Airport car rental
Memphis Airport just opened a modernized concourse in 2022, serving customers with fantastic amenities across dining, shopping and service categories. Passengers can enjoy free WiFi, electronic charging stations, free luggage carts and a meditation room. Memphis Airport is also a major cargo airport and the proud home to FedEx World Hub. Head to the Ground Transportation Center on the lower level in B Terminal to pick up your rental car.
What you need to know about car rental from Memphis Airport
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up Memphis Airport car rental.
- Memphis International Airport (MEM) is 18 kilometers southeast of downtown Memphis. The drive takes about 15 minutes with normal traffic. For the fastest route, exit the airport onto Plough Blvd and take the I-240 N to I-40 W to reach the city.
- Some key roadways you should know for navigating Memphis include the I-40—known colloquially as “Tennessee’s main street”, the I-55 - a major north-south interstate, I-69, I-269, US-79, and US-51 (runs straight through downtown).
- Memphis is a big and bustling city. While most traffic is contained to rush hours, some areas are consistently congested and/or dangerous and best to avoid altogether, including the intersections of Poplar Avenue and Ridgeway Road, Shelby Drive and Lamar Avenue, and Winchester Road and Kirby Parkway.
- Downtown Memphis has 40,000 parking spaces including garages and on-street parking. Use ‘pay and display’ meters to purchase parking tickets for street spaces and adhere to designated parking rules to avoid fines.
Things to do with your car rental Memphis Airport
Hit up Beale Street to visit iconic music venues, clubs and restaurants that once played host to music legends like Johnny Cash and B.B. King. Stop by Graceland Mansion to see how Elvis Presley lived, or visit Sun Studio where rock n’ roll was born.
National Civil Rights Museum
Learn about Memphis’ powerful place in the history of civil rights through personal stories, artefacts, multimedia exhibits and more at its location in the Lorraine Hotel—the site of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination in 1968.
Pick up your rental car and head down to the waterfront for an event, history tour, energetic outing, or leisurely afternoon. Climb aboard a riverboat, tripkayak or canoe, or stay on dry land with a riverside walk or cycle.
Over 3500 animals from all across the world are here at this award-winning zoo dedicated to important research and conservation efforts. This award-winning zoo is fun for the whole family.
Recommendations for rental cars Memphis Airport
- Choose a car rental type you feel most comfortable driving, with the pace of the city and your travel plans in mind.
- There is a wide selection of rental cars available in Memphis, but relatively few pick up trucks or cargo vans. If this is a requirement for your trip, book well in advance.
- If you are planning a USA road trip, most car rental companies allow you to pick up a vehicle in Memphis and drop off the rental car in St Louis or Atlanta, or somewhere else. Check the terms and conditions to see what car rental locations are allowed by your chosen supplier.
- If you’re after more musical history, head to Texas to see Dallas or Austin in your rental car. The options are endless!
- Take with you the free flyers given at the rental car counters when you collect your rental vehicle. These handouts may contain discounts or even freebies at nearby petrol stations, shops and even restaurants.
What our customers say
What car rental places are at Memphis Airport?
You have several car rental company options to choose from at the Ground Level Transportation Center in the lowest level of Terminal B at Memphis International Airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget Car Rental Memphis Airport, Dollar, Enterprise Memphis Airport, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty Car Rentals.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or away from the airport?
The rental location can impact the price of hiring a car. In some cases, airport fees increase the price for car rental companies to keep an onsite rental car facility and those fees are paid for in part by the rental rates. It is important to compare how far away cheaper rental companies may be located. Depending on time and the convenience factor, it might not be worth your time. Always get the details of car rental locations, their consolidated rental car facility available, and any inclusions prior to booking.
Does Memphis Airport have shuttle service?
There are some shuttles that offer hotel pick up and drop off services, as well as Fixed Based Operators.
Which car rental companies in Memphis have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most car rental companies in Memphis updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies as a result of the pandemic. For added assurance, renters can select ‘Enhanced cleaning’ to filter search results to list only the rental car company that offers enhanced cleaning.
How much is a rental car per day from Memphis, TN Airport (MEM-Memphis Intl.)?
How much does it cost to rent a car at Memphis Airport? Prices for Memphis Airport rental cars fluctuate based on a variety of factors, including seasonality, supply and demand. To compare current rates, type your details into the search function on this page and view the prices of every rental car company all at once. Do note that customers get better value out of daily rates for car rentals when booking for longer periods. Weekly rates are usually cheaper on average, not just for an economy or compact car rental, but for all vehicle makes. Find the best deals when you book your Memphis Airport car rental through GoSee.
Can I rent a car from Memphis International Airport (MEM)?
If you meet the age requirements of your chosen car rental agency, have a valid and full driver’s license, and a credit card or debit card in your name to secure the reservation, you can book and drive a rental car Memphis Airport.
Can I pick up my car rental from MEM airport and return to another location?
Yes, there are many suppliers providing one way rentals from Memphis. Usually, the car rental companies that offer such, are those with branches and depots on another airport location. As you use the search function on this page, you may change the return location to check for available options.
Do you offer travel insurance for Memphis rental cars?
Yes, as insurance coverage is already a standard in the travel industry and we want to go the extra mile of helping our customers. Our staff will guide you about insurance for your bookings with us.