Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Hit all the Dallas delights with a DFW Airport car rental
Dallas is a major metropolis, known for its shopping, history, culture, and of course, the eighties television series. While Dallas’ public transport system is growing, it’s still very much a city built for cars with plenty of freeways and a range of attractions all over the city. A DFW rental car is the easiest option for getting around, so book early to get the best deal!
Explore our special offers
Picking up your car rental at Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) has a dedicated rental car facility near the south entrance of the airport at 2424 E. 38th Street. When you land, collect your bags and follow the Blue Rental Car signs to the pick up area outside the terminal on the lower level. The rental car shuttle will pick you up and take you to the facility where you will find all of our partnered agents.
The rental car shuttle bus runs 24 hours per day, so you can expect it every 10-15 minutes outside the airport. It takes 10 minutes to reach the Car Rental Center. When you are ready to return your vehicle, the best route is via Rental Car Dr.
Getting around in your Dallas Airport rental car
Dallas is a large city, with a mix of freeways and small one-way streets. Take note of these tips before picking up your Dallas Airport car rental.
- Dallas is among the most congested cities in the USA. A GPS unit or a properly mounted cellphone with updated navigational apps is a necessity for finding your way around while driving your DFW airport car rental.
- One-way streets are common in Dallas, so map out your route in advance and pay close attention to directional street signs.
- There are plenty of pedestrians and bikers in the city, and they are known for ignoring traffic and give-way rules, so be extra careful around them and don’t assume they will yield to you.
- Some highways around the city are tollways. You can get a TollTag with your DFW rental car, or pay cash or credit at toll plazas. Please check the rental locations policies and/or offerings for toll products.
- Avoid rush hour traffic if you can, and give yourself plenty of time to get from Point A to B.
- When it comes to yellow lights, most locals will blaze straight through them, so be wary of hitting the brakes if there’s a car behind you.
Explore The Big D of Texas with your rental car from Dallas Airport
Six Flags Over Texas
This massive theme park is a thrillseeker’s paradise, and a must when on a rental car DFW tour. There are roller coasters, a swing ride (the second tallest in the world), Broadway-style shows, and much more.
Dallas Museum of Art
The DMA is one of the largest art museums in the United States. There are more than 24,000 objects from throughout history, with pieces from all over the world.
Head up the Reunion Tower for incredible sights over the city, where you can dine at 470 feet, visit the outdoor viewing platform to feel the wind in your hair, or check out the special events such as yoga and painting events at the top.
Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
Explore the 66 acres of the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens to discover the fountains, lakes, and stunning Dallas skyline in this outdoor oasis. Pack a picnic and enjoy the infamous Texan sunshine.
Top tips for your Dallas Fort Worth Airport car rental
- Everything is bigger in Texas! Book an SUV or large sedan for a little more space and comfort on your travels.
- Explore the benefits that come with your car rental. DFW Airport hosts a range of rental brands, including Budget, Enterprise Dallas Airport, Thrifty Car Rental DFW, and Hertz Fort Worth, but you don’t have to stick with just the cheapest rental car in Dallas—they all offer extra perks that could be worth more than a better deal.
- Dallas has plenty of attractions, but it’s also central to a number of excellent USA road trips. You could kick off your journey in Dallas and head east through Atlanta in your car hire, and on to the South Carolina coast, or head straight north to Omaha. Alternatively, go on a car rental adventure in Indianapolis and Chicago to the northeast. GoSee has got you covered!
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car Rental Dallas Fort Worth Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car at Dallas Airport?
The cost of car rentals from DFW Airport depends largely on availability and demand. Type in your details here to compare up-to-date prices for multiple brands.
Daily car rental in Dallas can range from as low as US$80 per day to up to US$600 per day for larger or luxury vehicles. Find the best car rental deals by weighing up the options from multiple brands here using GoSee’s sophisticated comparison tool.
How old do you have to be to rent a car?
You must be 21 years old to rent a car at DFW Airport, and drivers under 25 years will likely pay an additional fee.
Where are the rental car counters located at Dallas Airport?
The rental car counters at Dallas Airport can be found in the dedicated car rental facility at 2424 E. 38th Street. A free 24/7 shuttle will take you from the arrivals terminal to the Rental Car Center 10 minutes away to pick up your vehicle.
Which car rental companies in Dallas have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most major car rental companies have updated their health and safety policies in light of the pandemic, including disinfecting vehicles and cleaning each rental fully between hires. Ask your chosen Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) car rental supplier for their specific health policies.
What is the cheapest car rental company at Dallas Airport?
The cheapest car rental company at Dallas Fort Worth Airport depends on the day, but it will usually be one of the no-frills brands such as Thrifty Car Rental DFW, Budget Car Rental DFW, or Dollar.
What should I bring with me when I collect my car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport?
You will need a valid driver’s license and a credit card to pay for a damage deposit and the rental. Please note that for the additional authorized drivers, it is required to present the driver's license upon vehicle pick up as only permitted additional driver is allowed to drive the rental car from DFW.
Can I collect a car from Dallas Airport and return it somewhere else?
Yes, you can book a one-way car rental from Dallas Fort Worth Airport. When booking your DFW car hire, uncheck the ‘return to same location’ box and enter your desired drop-off location to view rentals available one-way. Note that you will likely be charged an additional fee for this service. Please contact your rental location directly for more details on one-way hire restrictions.
What is the speed limit in Dallas?
The speed limit on most city streets is 30 miles per hour, but the limit is often 75 or 80 miles per hour on freeways outside of the city. Always follow the posted speed limit when driving during your rental car.
What is included in the rental rate?
Once you have made your selections, you will find everything itemized that’s included in the car hire, from unlimited mileage to Collision Damage Waiver and 24-Hour Roadside Assistance. An overview of the optional extras you have made is also displayed. Also, it clearly states what payments have to be made when you book the vehicle and which payments are made when you collect the vehicle.
Please ensure you purchase additional insurance and obtain sufficient third-party liability insurance coverage before you get a Dallas Fort Worth Airport car rental. Once you have selected the vehicle you are interested in, read the terms and conditions, or information about topics such as owner rental vehicle third-party liability protection/third-party liability claims, minimum financial responsibility limits, renters existing coverage, etc. before you complete your booking. Always read your rental agreement to avoid any hassle during the entire rental period.