Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Get out and GoSee with a car rental from Atlanta Airport
Charismatic and diverse Atlanta is a center of culture in the Southern US, a big and creative city where the arts—music in particular—thrive. This city is a fantastic destination for any traveler, balancing modernism with old southern charm. The history, cuisine, sights, and experiences on offer will knock your socks off.
Atlanta Airport car rental locations
The wide range of car rentals available at Atlanta Airport includes both those from suppliers located on the airport itself and those from off-airport companies. When you book a rental vehicle with an off-airport supplier, there will likely be a free shuttle available to take you between the airport and the depot for arrival and departure.
Rental providers located within Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport include Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Ace, Thrifty, National, and Alamo. Off-airport rentals in the vicinity of Atlanta Airport include Routes Car Rental.
All you need to know for your car rental in Atlanta
With millions of residents, three downtown skylines, and many sprawling suburbs, Atlanta is best explored with a rental car. Having your own wheels makes it easy to pick destinations, set a flexible schedule, and take in all there is to see and do in the city and beyond. There are many southern hotspots within reach when you hit the highways with a car rental from Atlanta.
A guide to Atlanta Airport
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the primary airport for Atlanta, Georgia, in the southern United States. This major air travel hub features five parallel runways and two terminals with a total of seven concourses. It has been counted amongst the busiest airports in the world.
The airport has a very wide array of shopping and dining options for passengers and visitors. There is free WiFi, a Sky Train transport system, touchless ordering available via QR codes for many eateries, banking facilities, and anything else travelers could need.
Rental vehicles at Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport can be found in the Rental Car Center, a one-stop facility open 24/7. It is accessible by the Sky Train or a shuttle from the International Terminal.
Tips for driving in Atlanta and beyond
A bit of knowledge can set you up for a safe and enjoyable road trip in Atlanta and the surrounding regions. Take a look at our basic pointers regarding road rules and local customs or quirks.
- In Atlanta and all of the United States, traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road. It’s important to acclimatize to this before getting on busy roads. Take your time to adjust if you are coming from a country that drives on the left!
- In Georgia, the blood alcohol concentration limit for drivers is set at 0.08% for drivers over the age of 21.
- The highest speed limit in Georgia, allowed on rural interstates, is 70 mph. Most urban sections of interstate and other arterial highways are limited to 65 mph. The default speed limit in urban areas on smaller roads is 35 mph. Always check posted signs for the most accurate speed limit.
- Atlanta is known for its traffic. We recommend that you avoid traveling within the city during typical peak-hour commute times, and always plan for extra time in your journey.
- Far-right lanes on urban highways are often exit-only lanes. Stay out of these unless you want to exit.
- Much of Georgia and the surrounding states are rural. If you’re traveling in remote areas, make sure you have water and food in the car in case of a breakdown.
Destination ideas for your Atlanta Airport car rental adventure
If you’re picking up your rental car from Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport with the intention of heading out on a road trip adventure, your options are many and varied. Popular cities within easy reach include:
- Charleston, a stately southern beach city.
- Jacksonville, a major hub for northern Florida.
- West Palm Beach, a very popular beach destination.
- Nashville, country music capital.
If you’re looking for destinations closer to Atlanta itself, take a look at these great options in or within a few hours of the city.
Head here, park up, and explore the delights of the central city. These include the Georgia State Capitol, Centennial Park, the King Center (an MLK Jr memorial), the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca Cola, and plenty of fantastic opportunities to eat and shop.
Ponce City Market
Northeast of the city center is this fabulous facility filled with eateries, boutiques, education centers, the Skyline Park attraction, and a rooftop beer garden. A fantastic and relaxed destination.
Stone Mountain Park
Having your own rental car makes it easy to get to attractions in the outskirts of Atlanta such as hugely popular Stone Mountain Park. This 3,200-acre park is beautiful, featuring the world’s largest piece of exposed granite, lakes, hiking trails, and more. It’s also home to a range of fun family activities including gondola rides, a scenic railroad, museums, and festivals.
Drive an hour and a half or so east of the city and you’ll find Athens, home to the University of Georgia and some beautiful historic buildings. It’s walkable and pretty with a great indie music scene, the ideal destination for a day or overnight trip.
Amicola Falls State Park
This pretty park is close to Atlanta and easily reachable for a day trip with your own set of wheels. It’s ideal for anyone wanting to get out of the city and experience some Georgia nature, and is centered around a spectacular 729-foot waterfall. A feast for the eyes!
If you prefer to start your US adventure in a different city, pick up a car rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport or begin a car hire adventure in Miami to discover other Florida hotspots. Explore more of the USA with an affordable rental car, book online ahead of time with GoSee!
Where to next? Tour Greece and explore the beautiful city of Athens in your car hire. GoSee has got you covered!
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rental Atlanta Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car from Atlanta Airport?
The cost of a car rental from Atlanta Airport will vary widely depending on the time of year, the rental supplier, the type of vehicle, and many other factors. As a rough guide, you might expect to pay anywhere from around USD$70 per day for an economy or compact vehicle to several hundred dollars per day for an SUV or luxury vehicle.
GoSee’s simple and comprehensive search engine makes it easy to find a vehicle that’s affordable for your budget. Just enter your dates and other details to see a list of options. These can be sorted by lowest or highest price first, and filters allow you to narrow the choices down to fit your requirements.
What is the cheapest car rental company at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport?
Routes Car Rental, an off-airport provider, is a good affordable option for many renters. Cheap or affordable on-airport rental providers include Avis, Budget, and Alamo.
How do I rent a car at Atlanta Airport?
To find and book a rental car, use the GoSee search engine. Simply enter your details into the search fields higher up the page, and you will be presented with a list of options from a range of different suppliers. You can use the filters to find the perfect car rental and then book it in a simple and secure process, all in one place. There's no need to check different websites for any discount code, as we have done the comparison for you!
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or off-site?
Generally, off-site car rental is cheaper. There are limited options for this at Atlanta Airport.
What terminal are rental cars located at Atlanta Airport?
Rental cars at Atlanta Airport are located in the Rental Car Center, a dedicated facility. It is accessible via free pick up service on a shuttle bus or Sky Train from the various terminals.
Which car rental companies in Atlanta have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Many car rental companies have made adjustments to their procedures and policies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Atlanta?
Most car rental companies rent their vehicles to those aged 20+ or 21+, although some allow renters aged 18 and up. Some will also charge a young driver fee for anyone aged up to 25. To make sure you are seeing the right options, enter your age into the search field.
Are one-way rentals allowed?
Yes, many of the rental companies with branches in multiple locations will allow you to make a one-way rental car booking from Atlanta Airport. Specify your preferred pick-up and drop-off locations when searching to see the relevant options.
What is the speed limit in Atlanta?
The limit on most residential and urban roads is 35 miles per hour. The highest limit which is posted on many sections of interstate and arterial highways is 70 mph.
Who can drive a rental car from Atlanta airport?
- valid driver's license, minimum validity for the last three years
- 21 years old is the minimum driver's age
- for purposes of payment and holding a deposit, driver must own a credit card in his/her name
- for foreigners/non-residents of the US - the absence of a US driver's license would mean the individual's home country license must be brought at all times along with an international driver's permit
- there is an additional fee for drivers aged below 25, up to 21 years of age
- temporary driver's licenses are not accepted
- except when clearly stated, expect an extra fee to be charged for any additional authorized driver
- aside from the renter, only the permitted additional driver can drive the rental car
- additional authorized drivers must also satisfy the driver's license requirements
- the requirements are applicable during the entire rental period, from the time of pick up from the car rental center, to the time the vehicle is returned to Atlanta airport