Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore the North with a Newcastle Airport car hire
Hire a car at Newcastle Airport to discover this world-class city in England’s North East. Rich in history, attractions, culture and the arts, Newcastle upon Tyne is as well-known for its industrial heritage as it is for its lively nightlife. Wander through magnificent museums and galleries, stroll along the banks of the River Tyne, and catch a live performance at one of the city’s fantastic theatres. From ancient markets to modern art, Newcastle offers a truly unique regional experience and memorable cultural presence. Get a car hire Newcastle deal and GoSee it all.
Picking up a car rental at Newcastle Airport
Fly into Newcastle International Airport from major cities around the world and within the UK, including London Heathrow and London Gatwick. Enjoy shopping, cafes and restaurants, and a free WiFi connection for basic internet activity—you can also purchase premium WiFi for video streaming. Rental car companies are located inside the terminal on the ground floor, opposite the domestic arrivals gate.
Finding your way around with a car hire in Newcastle
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Newcastle Airport car rental.
- Done loading your luggage into your Newcastle hire car and ready to head downtown? Located just 6 miles northwest of the city, the drive from the airport will take approximately 9 minutes. From the airport, take the A696 which turns into the A167, and follow the signs to the CBD. Once there, the city centre is easy to navigate.
- While the city’s heritage makes for beautiful sightseeing, it can make getting around in a car a little difficult. Be prepared to park and walk in the city centre, and expect some congestion at the bridge crossings.
- It is illegal to use your mobile phone while driving in the United Kingdom. If you are relying on it as a navigational device, make sure it is mounted correctly and set your destination prior to setting off.
- Finding a parking space in Newcastle upon Tyne can be competitive in the city centre, so give yourself plenty of time. You may choose from the 44 uncovered parking lots and 8 multi-story car parks. Most of the car parks are ‘pay and display’, however, street parking requires the use of ticket machines, with the option to pay by mobile phone. Be aware that ticket machines do not give change. If paying with cash, it’s good to have coins in your pocket. Always double-check the posted signs for time restrictions before you park your hire car. Remember that the flyers freely given at the car hire desks may contain discounts and freebies, including for free parking.
Car hire Newcastle: Things to see and do
If you want to wander a little and see a lot, head to the Quayside where you’ll have your pick of pubs, clubs, and restaurants, as well as a taste of the city’s art, music, and theatre.
You’ll need a few trips here to see them all! Choose your visits based on your interests, whether it’s the interactive nature of the Discovery Museum, the natural history and art focus of the Great North Museum, or the romanticism of Newcastle Castle.
The heritage buildings of Newcastle provide fantastic settings for some of the most exciting art galleries in the UK. If you can only choose a few, head to the Biscuit Factory, the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, and the North East Art Collective.
Take your Newcastle airport car hire for a 16-kilometre drive to the seaside where in addition to the beach, you’ll find Hadrian’s wall, the Stephenson Railway Museum, and the Blue Reef Aquarium.
Top tips for car hire from Newcastle Airport UK
- Newcastle Upon Tyne is one of the few places that offers hybrid electric vehicles to rent. If this is your car hire of choice, secure it as far in advance as possible, as the selection is very limited.
- If you are travelling here for a special occasion, Newcastle has a great selection of premium/luxury vehicles at a reasonable price.
- Not sure what car hire Newcastle Airport you need? Visit our customer reviews for some helpful guidance from fellow travellers.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
How much does it cost to rent a car from Newcastle Upon Tyne Airport?
The cost of car rental at Newcastle Upon Tyne Aiport varies depending on demand, season, and availability of vehicles. To get an accurate estimate, type your dates into our comparison tool to view up-to-the-minute prices across multiple hire car brands.
What is the cheapest car rental company at Newcastle Airport?
The cheapest car hire available at Newcastle Airport changes in response to multiple factors, but you can usually find a great deal from Keddy, Green Motion, or Budget. Use our search comparison tool to find up-to-the-minute prices across multiple car rental Newcastle airport brands.
Where is Newcastle Airport (NCL)?
Newcastle International Airport is located at Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 8BZ, United Kingdom. It is on the outskirts of Newcastle Upon Tyne in North East England.
Which car rental companies are at Newcastle Airport?
The car hire companies at Newcastle Airport are as follows: Alamo, Avis Newcastle Airport, Budget Car Hire Newcastle Airport, Enterprise Newcastle Airport, Europcar Newcastle Airport, Green Motion, Keddy and National. Follow the airport signs to the car hire desks as you exit the arrivals area.
What types of cars can I rent from Newcastle Airport?
From Newcastle Airport, you can rent the following vehicle types: Mini, Compact, Economy, Intermediate, Large, Station Wagon/ Estate, SUV, Premium/ Luxury, Hybrid/ Electric, People Carrier/ Van hire.
How old do I have to be to book a Newcastle Airport car rental?
You can rent a car at Newcastle Airport at the age of 21, but the selection is limited to a few brands and anyone under 25 may be required to pay a young driver surcharge. Many hire car companies require you to be at least 25 to rent a car in Newcastle.
Can I book now and pay later for my car rental from Newcastle Airport?
Yes. To see which rental brands allow you to book now and pay later, filter your Newcastle Airport car rental search results by the ‘Pay at Pickup’ option under the ‘Payment Type’ heading.
Is it possible to book one way from Newcastle Airport?
Yes, it is possible to book one-way car hires from Newcastle Airport if you wish to drop your vehicle at another car hire branch location in the UK. You may opt to begin your adventure in Newcastle and return the rental car in Isle of Man or Edinburgh. Simply select your desired pick up location and drop off point when using our search engine tool.
What is the best type of car to rent at Newcastle Airport?
The best type of car to rent at Newcastle is the one you feel most comfortable driving. Choose an automatic over a manual if that is what you are used to, and if the narrow roads and tight parking pose a challenge, opt for compact or economy-sized rental cars.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental at Newcastle Airport?
You need to bring your licence, a second form of identification, and a valid credit card when you collect your car hire at Newcastle Airport NCL. If your licence is not in English, you may need an International Drivers Permit.