Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
GoSee it all with a Manchester Airport car hire
Explore the ‘Gateway to the North’ with a car hire from Manchester Airport. This proud city prospers in size, community, and heart. Not only is it home to two of the nation’s best football teams (Manchester United and Manchester City), it is also a hub for museums, art galleries, theatre performances, and culinary delights. Enjoy strolling the city centre’s pedestrian-only streets where entertaining buskers and top shopping can be found. Relax in the Piccadilly Gardens, grab a pint from the local pub, and head out to Old Trafford for a proper Mancunian experience. Get a great deal on Manchester airport car rental and plan your trip, today.
Picking up a car hire at Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport (MAN) has three commercial terminals serving both local and international flights, connected via moving walkways. Each terminal is packed with shopping options, eateries, lounges, restaurants, and more. Free WiFi is available for up to 60 minutes (a purchasing plan is available). Head to the dedicated Car Rental Village via free courtesy bus to locate your car hire agency and collect your vehicle directly at the car park.
Finding your way around with a car rental Manchester Airport
Keep these driving tips in mind when you rent a car in Manchester.
- The drive from Manchester Airport to the city takes roughly 20 minutes in your car hire. Exit the airport on Airport Spur and take the second exit at the roundabout onto the M56 ramp. Merge onto the highway towards Manchester and keep right at the fork following signs to the city centre. Continue on this road as it turns into A5103/Princess Parkway. Continue on A5103 through the roundabout, turn right onto Great Bridgewater Street and take a left on Charlotte Street to arrive in the heart of Manchester.
- Manchester has multiple one-way and pedestrian-only streets, so it is important to plan your route in advance with a suitable navigation aid. Also, check out the weather forecast and roadworks reports before setting out on your hire car journey.
- With a population of 2.8 million, Manchester is a highly trafficked city. Certain roads are busier than others and therefore pose a greater risk of incident. These include the A6, the A56, and the A58. Avoid peak hours, and drive defensively.
- The city centre of Manchester is pedestrianised so it’s best to park at one of the many garages surrounding the city and stroll in. On-street parking is available using a pay and display system costing around £0.50 to £1.50 for every 30 minutes. Be sure to check posted signs in the area to avoid fines.
Car hire Manchester Airport: Things to see and do
The John Rylands Library and Manchester Cathedral stand out as must-visit locations in a city of many treasures. These stunning buildings are aesthetic marvels not to be missed.
Manchester lives and breathes football so a visit to the grounds of Manchester United or Manchester City is a must-do. A history lesson of the game at the National Football Museum is also worth your time.
Art and History
There is much to learn and admire when visiting Manchester. Start with the Manchester Museum and Imperial War Museum North, and then head to Manchester Art Gallery and the Whitworth.
In just an hour's drive, there are lots of outdoor areas to stretch your legs and get some fresh air in Manchester. Venture just outside the city to visit Hollingsworth Lake, Lake District, Heaton Park, Sale Water Park and Haigh Woodland Park.
Rental cars Manchester Airport: Top tips
- If you’re heading to Manchester for a special occasion, there is a fantastic selection of Premium/Luxury rental vehicles on offer. Book one early to secure a great deal and begin your car rental adventure in UK.
- If you require automatic cars from Manchester Airport, ensure you filter your results to exclude manual vehicles, as many of the available Manchester car rentals have manual transmission only.
- Hybrid/Electric vehicles are available to rent at Manchester Airport—but stock is limited. Book well in advance to secure this option.
What our customers say
How much does it cost to rent a car at Manchester Airport?
The price to rent a car from Manchester Airport varies depending on multiple factors. Compare current rates from multiple brands by doing a quick search using the booking function at the top of this page.
How do I find the best car hire deals at Manchester Airport?
Our international partnerships allow us to secure the best car hire deals in Manchester. Compare prices from multiple brands and look for specials right here on GoSee website. Book in advance to find the best rent a car Manchester airport deals.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Manchester Airport?
The cheapest car hire company at Manchester Airport varies, but Green Motion and Ace Rent a Car have consistently low prices. Booking online with GoSee provides you with the lowest price guaranteed from trusted suppliers.
Which car rental companies are at Manchester Airport (MAN)?
Car hire companies operating at Manchester Airport include Ace Rent a Car, Alamo, Arnold Clark Car Rental, Avis, Budget, Easirent, Enterprise, Europcar, Green Motion, and Hertz Manchester Airport. Rental car counters are located at the car hire village, just a short distance from the airport terminal.
What types of cars can I hire at Manchester Airport (MAN)?
From Manchester Airport, you will have a lot of car rental options such as: Mini, Compact, Economy, Intermediate, Large, Station Wagon/Estate, SUV, People Carrier/Vans, Premium/Luxury, Cargo Van/Truck, Hybrid/Electric, and Utility vehicles.
The most popular cars for hire in Manchester are economy and intermediate vehicles. To get an idea of what other customers recommend, check out our reviews page.
How old do I have to be to book a rental car in Manchester?
You can get a Manchester car rental at 21 years old, but the selection is limited to a few brands and anyone under 25 may be required to pay a young driver surcharge. Most car rental companies require you to be at least 25 to rent a car Manchester—which will give you access to a wider range.
Which car hire companies in Manchester have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
All car rental companies providing hire car services in Manchester have adhered to the health and safety standards set out by the UK government.
Is it possible to book a one-way from Manchester Airport (MAN)?
Do you want to visit a different location aside from Manchester? One-way car rental bookings from Manchester Airport are possible, depending on your target destination. You can begin your adventure in Manchester and end your car hire trip in Edinburgh, London Luton, or Bristol. Simply type in your dates and desired drop-off location in our search widget to view availability and cost. One-way bookings may incur an additional fee. Always read your rental agreement to know the full terms and conditions for these.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental?
Bring your full driving licence, the second form of identification, and a credit card when you collect your Manchester Airport car hire. If your driving licence is not in English, you may be required to present an International Drivers Permit.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or off-site in Manchester?
Generally, car rental companies located at the airport have more expensive rates due to the high demand. In Manchester, you can get a cheaper price from suppliers with counters located outside the airport. This will give you some savings if you don't mind taking a shuttle to get to their rental office. Get a car for rent in Manchester through GoSee and take advantage of our cheap deals.