Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Discover London with a Luton Airport car hire
Luton in the United Kingdom is located to the north of London, and while it is famous for its airport, it is more than just a travel hub. The large town and local government district has its own attractions both natural and manmade, and Luton is also the proud home of the Luton Town Football Club, affectionately known as “The Hatters”. A Luton Airport car hire will not only get you to nearby London and all of its world-famous attractions, but also all over the southern United Kingdom and beyond.
Car rental Luton Airport pick up tips
Located 35 miles from central London, the airport at Luton serves many travellers who are heading into the capital. Officially named London Luton Airport (LTN), the airport is a busy place with travellers coming from both domestic and international destinations. It also serves as a base for low-cost carriers such as Wizz and EasyJet. There are many and varied shopping and dining options available at the airport terminal. WiFi access is free for up to four hours. You can also find a luxury executive lounge at a fee,
Rental car providers at London Luton Airport are located at the Car Hire Centre. Get there via the free shuttle bus service from Bay C in the Terminal bus station.
Finding your way around with a Luton Airport car hire
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your hire car from London Luton Airport.
- Luton town is located just a few miles from the airport, and it will just take around 15 minutes. Exit the main terminal building on Airport Way. At the major roundabout, take the second exit to Airport Way/A505. At the next roundabout, continue onto the second exit on A505/Kimpton Road. Follow the signs for the A505 as it becomes Windmill Road, and continue on it until you arrive in central Luton. If you’re heading into London Central, the drive from London Luton Airport will take nearly an hour via the M1 route.
- London is a maze of winding streets and one-ways. Make sure you have a functioning navigational system in place and plan your route in advance. Congestion charges apply to most vehicles in central London, so be sure to ask your car hire provider about this when you pick up your vehicle.
- Once you come off the highways, be prepared for narrow lanes. You may have to pull over and give way. Roundabouts are common. Give way to anyone already on the roundabout (i.e. to the right), and circle in a clockwise direction.
- In central Luton, parking is a mixed bag. Free on-street parking is available if you are willing to walk a bit. Otherwise, you may find a parking garage that will cost a few pounds per hour. A popular option are the various parking lots run by “The Mall” Shopping Centre.
Car hire Luton Airport: Things to see and do
While many visitors bypass Luton and head straight to London from the airport, those who stick around will be awarded by the fantastic parks, world heritage sites, and nature reserves. There is a surprising amount to see in this city on the outskirts of London.
A trip to this one-of-a-kind city means you must hit the highlights, from Constitution Hill to the gates of Buckingham Palace, on to Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Downing Street, and Westminster. Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, and London Bridge all await your visit.
There are an endless number of museums to visit in England’s capital, but if you can only choose a few, head your Luton Airport rental car to the Tate Modern, the British Museum, and the National Gallery.
Music and Theatre
Catch a fantastic musical in the West End or watch a live performance at the Globe Theatre. Hop in your rent car Luton Airport and don't miss these exciting events.
Rent a car Luton Airport: Top tips
- Many of the rental vehicles at London Luton are manual drive. If you require an automatic, use the filter for auto to narrow your search results.
- If you are travelling with a group and require a 7 seater car hire at Luton, book well in advance as numbers are limited.
- Not sure what you need? Visit our car hire Luton Airport reviews section for some extra guidance from fellow travellers.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car hire at Luton Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to hire a car from Luton Airport (LTN)?
Prices for car hire at Luton Airport can fluctuate depending on multiple factors, so check current prices by placing your travel details into our comparison tool at the top of this page. Choose the perfect vehicle hire with GoSee today.
What is the cheapest car rental company at Luton?
The cheapest car hire Luton Airport is currently offered by Budget. However, prices can fluctuate so it is best to type your details into our search widget to compare up-to-the-minute prices across multiple car hire companies.
Which car hire companies in Luton have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Each and every Luton Airport car rental company have aligned their practices pertaining to health and cleanliness with the standards being imposed by the UK government.
Which car hire companies are at Luton Airport(LTN)?
Choose the best car hire deals from rental companies at London Luton Airport namely: The rental companies with depots at Luton Airport are Enterprise Luton Airport, Hertz Luton Airport, SIXT, Budget, National, Europcar, Avis, Green Motion, Easirent, Keddy, and Alamo. Just proceed to the car rental centre to collect your vehicle keys. Get the best car hire deals from these trusted brands by booking through GoSee.
What types of cars can I rent from Luton?
Several types of car rentals Luton Airport that you may choose from include compact, economy, intermediate, large, station wagon/estate, SUV, people carrier/vans, and premium/luxury vehicle. Hiring a car through GoSee is so easy, fast and secure.
How old do I have to be to book a Luton car rental?
Age requirements for Luton Airport car hire vary by brand, ranging from 21 - 25, with most requiring you to be 25. Type your details into the search form to determine what car rentals are available to you. Some rentals may incur an additional fee for drivers under 25.
Can I book now and pay later for my car rental from Luton (LTN)?
Not all companies allow you to reserve a Luton car hire now and pay for it later. Filter your search results by typing ‘Pay at Pickup’ under the Payment Type heading to see which car hire companies allow this option. If you have further questions, you may check the rental agreement or call your rental office directly.
Is it possible to book one-way from Luton Airport?
It is possible to book a one-way car rental from Luton Airport. For instance, you can collect your keys in Luton and drop off your car rental at London Gatwick. You can even end your hire car trip in Bristol. Basically, drop them off at other airport locations in the UK like Manchester, London Heathrow, Edinburgh, and others. Simply type in your desired destination to view availability and cost.
What is the best type of car to rent from Luton?
The best type of car to rent from Luton is the one that suits your itinerary. If you are going to be driving mainly on the narrow roads common to the city, opt for a compact or economy car. If you want to head south or into the countryside, an intermediate or SUV vehicle may be more suitable.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental from Luton Airport?
When you collect your car hire from Luton Airport, bring your full and valid licence, the second form of identification, and a credit card. If your licence is not in English, you may need an International Drivers Permit.