Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
GoSee it all with a Bristol Airport car hire
Across the channel from Wales, tucked away between North Somerset and Gloucestershire, is lively Bristol. This beautiful city is known for its maritime history and for being the birthplace of Banksy, and in recent years it has added to its list of assets a fun, exciting creative vibe that draws in visitors and residents from all over the United Kingdom and beyond.
Picking up car rental at Bristol Airport
Situated eight miles to the Southwest of Bristol, Bristol Airport is a bustling travel hub serving a wide range of airlines that fly to many destinations around the UK and Europe. The terminal keeps passengers fed, watered and well-supplied with a range of dining establishments and shops, including Duty Free shops where international travellers can pick up a bargain. WiFi is free for up to two hours, and computers and printing services are also available.
Eight car hire companies are based right on the airport grounds, a short walk from the terminal and near the onsite hotel.
Finding your way around with a Bristol Airport car hire
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Bristol Airport car rental.
- The trip from Bristol Airport into the city in your car hire should take around 20 minutes in light traffic. Take North Side Road from the airport and head north following signs for Bristol on the A38/Bridgwater Road. Turn right near Parson Street train station and cross the railway lines, then left onto Bedminster Road/B3122. At the roundabout, turn left again onto St John’s Lane/B3120 and after re-crossing the railway lines, turn right on Malago Road which becomes Dalby Ave. Go right onto East Street and continue across the river onto Redcliff Hill which will take you into the centre of Bristol.
- Beware of narrow lanes. While there is plenty of room on the highways, you may have to slow down and even pull over to let others pass on the country roads.
- Bristol has developed a reputation for dangerous drivers. Drive defensively and stick to the speed limit. Avoid peak hour traffic and plan your driving route ahead of time. Make sure your navigational system is functioning and mounted in a safe position.
- There are plenty of car parks dotted around Bristol. Parking on the street is free in any areas which are not part of the Residents’ Parking Scheme or the Controlled Parking Zone. In the Controlled Parking Zone, there are fees and time limits which will be specified by signage. Expect to pay £2-£3 for an hour of on-street parking—and nothing on Sundays or bank holidays. Also, there are Premier Car Park and Short Stay Car Park near the terminal, a Long Stay Car Park which is a short walk from the terminal, and a Silver Zone Parking which requires a short bus ride.
Car hire Bristol: Things to see and do
Clifton Suspension Bridge
Stare in awe at this award-winning bridge that links Clifton to Leigh Woods. Spanning the Avon Gorge and the River Avon, it is an engineering masterpiece highly regarded and internationally recognised.
Delight in the creative, colourful and brilliant street art dotted around the city. Covering every surface you can imagine, this cultural expression of Bristol is worth taking the time to seek out.
Check out the eclectic collection of goodies available here at the largest strip of independent retailers in Europe. Refuel at one of the many coffee shops and pubs along the way.
Pick up your car hire at Bristol Airport and head to this historical quarter and meander your way through the shipping containers, sampling everything from pastries and plants to cider and fine dining delicacies.
Bristol also makes a great base from which you can explore England’s Southwest, particularly when in possession of a car hire. So plan your Bristol itinerary and complete your UK car hire adventure.
Top tips for Bristol Airport car hire
- If you’re looking for cheap car hire Bristol Airport, make sure you consider the rental inclusions in your search. Look beyond the listed price when doing your Bristol Airport car hire comparison.
- If you require an automatic rental car or van hire, ensure you filter your results to exclude manual vehicles, as the majority of vehicles are manual.
- Not sure what you need? Visit our customer reviews for some helpful guidance from fellow travellers.
What our customers say
How much does it cost to rent a car in Bristol?
Bristol Airport rent a car prices vary according to season, demand, and availability, so it is best to check current prices across multiple brands using our car hire comparison search tool at the top of this page. Simply type in your dates and hit ‘Search Cars’.
What is the cheapest car hire company in Bristol?
Green Motion, Budget, and Avis are often among the car rental companies with the cheapest offers for Bristol Airport car hire, but it is best to check current prices using our price comparison search engine at the top of this page.
Can I rent a car from Bristol Airport?
You can rent a car from Bristol Airport if you have a full and valid driving licence, a second form of ID, and a valid credit card in your name. If your licence is not in English, you may also require an International Drivers Permit. Do note that some car rental companies require you to be at least 25 years old and/or pay a young drivers fee if you are between the ages of 21 and 24.
Which car rental companies are at Bristol Airport?
Once you have landed at Bristol Airport, you can exit to the arrivals hall and head to bus stop 3. This bus travels to and from the Car Rental Village almost every 10 minutes. Upon arrival at the Car Rental Centre, you'll find Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, SIXT, Budget, Green Motion, Europcar, National, Keddy, Alamo, Ace Rent a Car, and Easirent. Get the best car hire deals from these brands and kick off your rental car adventure.
What types of cars can I rent from Bristol?
From Bristol Airport, several types of rental cars are available, including compact, economy, intermediate, large, station wagon/estate, SUV, people carrier/vans and premium/luxury vehicles.
How old do I have to be to book a Bristol car rental?
Age requirements for Bristol Airport car hire vary by brand, ranging from 21 - 25, with most requiring you to be 25. Type your details into the search form to determine what car rentals are available to you. Some rentals may incur an additional fee for drivers under 25.
Which car hire companies in Bristol have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
All companies providing hire car services in Bristol have aligned their health and safety practices with the standards imposed by the UK government.
Is it possible to book one-way from Bristol Airport?
Yes, booking book one-way hire car from Bristol Airport is possible. You may start from Bristol and drop off your rental car at London Gatwick, London Heathrow, or other car hire locations in the UK. Always read your rental agreement to know more about the terms and conditions regarding one-way rentals.
What is the best type of car hire at Bristol Airport?
Depending on your travel plans, the best type of hire car Bristol Airport may be an economy vehicle that can easily navigate the narrow streets of Bristol city centre, or an SUV that will suit the terrain of the English countryside. Choose your vehicle based on your itinerary.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car hire at Bristol Airport?
Bring your driving licence, a second form of identification, and a credit card when you pick up your car rental Bristol Airport. If your licence is not in English, you may also require an International Drivers Permit.