Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Great deals on San Juan Airport car rental
Pick up a San Juan Airport car rental and discover Puerto Rico’s unique and vibrant capital city. This culturally rich location blends old world elegance with modern delights, offering visitors a fabulous Caribbean holiday of historical sightseeing, lively entertainment, and tropical relaxation. Sitting on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, San Juan is the heart of this island and the starting point for most trips to Puerto Rico, a territory of the USA. Find a great deal on San Juan Airport car rental with GoSee.
Car rental San Juan Puerto Rico Airport
San Juan Airport, also called Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport, is the busiest airport in the Caribbean in terms of passenger traffic. It has a Main Terminal or Terminal A and a second terminal, Terminal B, which is split into a north (Terminal C) and south side. Flights arriving from mainland USA often come via Miami Airport or Fort Lauderdale Airport, while there are many direct flights between other island destinations such as St. Croix. The airport offers a variety of guest services and amenities including WiFi, currency exchange, beauty salons, restaurants and more. When you are ready to pick up your San Juan car rental, head to the first level of the multi-story car park.
Finding your way around with San Juan car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when picking up your rental car in San Juan Puerto Rico.
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport is conveniently located only 5 kilometres southeast of the city limits. The drive will take around 15 minutes if you are heading straight to the Old San Juan district. To get there, exit the San Juan Airport on Av. Aeropuerto and merge onto PR-26. Stay on this until merging onto Avenida Juan Ponce de Leon/PR-1/PR-26, which will lead you into downtown San Juan.
- Local drivers in San Juan can be aggressive. Always stay alert while behind the wheel and drive defensively.
- On the freeway: the left lane is for passing, and the slower traffic stays right.
- Expect traffic during rush hours (6:45am to 8:45am, 12pm to 1:30pm and 4:30pm to 6pm).
- Make sure you keep a spare tyre with your rental car, as some roads in San Juan Puerto Rico are in poor condition.
- Road signs are not always easy to spot, use GPS and keep a map in the car just in case.
- Keep change in the car for tolls.
- Looking to park your car rental? San Juan Airport offers both short- and long-term parking while Old San Juan has a number of parking garages for quick and easy parking. Free, on-street parking may be available at the start of the day. Don’t park if there is paint on the curb or face fines.
See everything San Juan has to offer in a rental car
Old San Juan
Admire colourful buildings from colonial times and historic UNESCO World Heritage sites such as the awe-inspiring fortress, La Fortaleza, which is just 20-minute drive from San Juan PR Airport.
Enjoy a taste of luxury in this gorgeous tourist area, featuring beautiful boutiques, fancy hotels, exciting entertainment, and world-class restaurants.
Head here to enjoy beach access at affordable rates, fun recreational activities, and a laidback holiday atmosphere.
El Yunque National Forest
Located in the northeastern part of Puerto Rico, El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service. Park your rental car and spend a day hiking through lush green rainforest and admiring magical waterfalls at this treasured Caribbean location.
The Karst region in the northern mountains features stunning cave formations. Simply admire them on a relaxing tour, or get the blood pumping on a rappelling, body rafting or river trekking adventure.
Top tips to rent a car in San Juan
- Long term car rental San Juan, Puerto Rico generally offers a better daily rate than short term rental. Book for at least a week to get the best rates.
- Jeep rental San Juan, Puerto Rico Airport is available but stock is limited. Book early and specifically request the vehicle you want.
- For the best deals on rental cars in San Juan Puerto Rico, book well in advance. Supply is limited, particularly for popular vehicle types like SUVs.
- 24-hour car rental San Juan, Puerto Rico is available, but longer-term rentals offer better value in terms of the daily rate.
- Vehicle pick up and drop off (San Juan Airport) is simple and easy. Proceed to the first level of the multi-story car park to collect your rental car. When returning, just follow the airport signs to the designated car rental place / parking area of your chosen provider.
What our customers say
Needed to amend a booking, web site hard to re use,,.
So call centre sorted it all out for me thankyou.
Which car rental companies in San Juan have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
To see the updated policies of individual rental cars Puerto Rico San Juan providers, you must view the terms on the booking page while comparing vehicles in the search results. However, Europcar stands out with its ‘Enhanced cleaning’ option.
How much does it cost to rent a car in San Juan?
Car rental rates at San Juan Airport / Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport fluctuate due to a number of factors. To see the actual price and most up to date deals, type your details into the search function and compare offers across multiple rental car companies.
An economy car rental San Juan Puerto Rico Airport deal is not always the absolute best car rental San Juan, Puerto Rico. A few added perks and conveniences may be worth the extra cost, don't hesitate to talk to our rental car customer service team for assistance.
Which car rental agency in San Juan has the cheapest rental car prices?
The cheapest car rental company in San Juan Puerto Rico can change depending on a variety of factors, but Budget, Popular Auto and Europcar have consistently low rates.
Is a car rental necessary in Puerto Rico?
A car rental is ideal for visitors to Puerto Rico who wish to explore beyond the city limits of San Juan— and there is a lot to see.
Can I rent a car in Puerto Rico without a license?
To rent a car in Puerto Rico, you need a valid driver’s license and to meet the age and identification requirements of the San Juan rental car company.
Can I use my car insurance for a rental in Puerto Rico?
As a general rule, your home / personal car insurance does not extend to Puerto Rico. However, it is best to check the terms and conditions of your specific policy with your coverage / auto insurance provider, including the car rental locations serviced. Double-check your entitlements and exclusions prior to departure.
Can you rent a rental car in San Juan without a credit card?
All the trusted and major car rental suppliers the world over require a credit card to rent a vehicle, and this includes agencies providing San Juan car rentals.
Can I rent an automatic car in San Juan?
The majority, if not all, rental cars have an automatic transmission in San Juan, Puerto Rico. In any case, your rental agreement will serve as a guide for the type of vehicle you can avail and the process if a replacement is deemed necessary.
What type of car is recommended for driving in San Juan?
Generally, it is not necessary to rent a 4WD or anything too bulky for driving in San Juan. The roads are largely suitable for regular vehicles.