Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Car Rental In Jamaica - Compare From Top Brands
Picking up a car rental in Jamaica gives you the chance to enjoy a more varied holiday than just lazing on the beach (although a good bit of lazing will probably still be on the agenda). Whether you opt for a bit of adventure, choosing to raft, spelunk or hike your way around the country, or dive into the rich urban culture of Jamaica, indulging in authentic jerk spice meals and the incredibly lively music scene, this is a nation that allows you to discover experiences which will stick with you for years to come.
GoSee - the perfect way to find a cheap car rental in Jamaica
Many people have a set idea of what to expect from the island nation of Jamaica, but there’s a lot more here than just reggae and rum. For a start, the natural beauty of Jamaica is hard to beat anywhere else in the world. The mix of tropical and subtropical trees and plants which blanket much of the island give a lushness to the landscape that evokes a Garden of Eden-type paradise. Of course there’s also the sparkling white sand beaches and seaside resorts which are no secret to anyone who’s looked into holidaying in Jamaica. But heading away from the little tourist enclaves can open up a world of possibilities, so don’t be afraid to strike out and explore the island for yourself.
Once you’ve landed in Jamaica, you’ll want to pick up your car hire pretty much straight away - leaving this until you fly in can be a big hassle, so most people book their car rental in Jamaica long before they depart. GoSee cuts out all the hassle of hunting around multiple websites trying to compare deals - here they’re all in one spot and easy to search.
All you have to do to rent a car in Jamaica that’s perfect for you, is type a few details into the GoSee search box - where and when you’re wanting to pick up/drop off your vehicle, that sort of thing. After that you can scroll through a bunch of car rental deals, with the cheapest at the top by default. Then when you’ve zeroed in on the ideal car hire in Jamaica, it’ll only take a few minutes to finish up the booking process and you won’t even have to leave the site.
Airport rentals around Jamaica
When you arrive in Jamaica, you’ll be starting your journey from one of two places. Those planning to spend their time in the northern part of the country often fly into Montego Bay, while others who are keen to explore the south usually arrive in the capital city of Kingston.
- Montego Bay airport car rental - Montego Bay is resort central, and if you’re hunting for the kind of Caribbean experience made famous by a thousand tourism ads, this is where you’ll find it. But as you get closer to urban centre, a very different version of Montego Bay emerges: a grittier, more chaotic, and far more authentic view of Jamaican life.
- Kingston airport car rental - While Montego Bay can treat you to the glories of the Caribbean resort life, Kingston will open your eyes to what Jamaica is really all about. Make sure you spend at least a couple days in the city itself before heading further afield to get a taste of Jamaican wilderness.
Car rental suppliers in Jamaica
There’s a good handful of Jamaica airport car rental brands available to those considering a visit, which is good news as a bigger selection usually means better deals. You can look at going with popular name brands like Avis, Budget or Hertz, or seek out awesome deals with smaller providers like Island.
Jamaica road rules
The biggest thing to note about hitting the road in Jamaica is that traffic travels on the left side of the road. This will be business as usual for visitors from the UK and Down Under, but for almost everyone else it’ll be something you need to get used to. If you’re careful around intersections though, it shouldn’t be a major challenge. Drink driving is very much out of the question - the legal blood alcohol limit here is 0.035% which will put most people over the limit after a single standard drink. If you’ve been drinking at all, get someone else to do the driving. Always be on the lookout for speed limit signs that might say different, but by default the speed limits are 50 km/h in built up areas (cities/towns/villages), 80 km/h on the open road and 110 km/h on freeways. It’s also worth mentioning that if you’re under 21, you aren’t allowed to drive a car hire in Jamaica.
Jamaica driving tips
- The predominant driving style in Jamaica may be a little more aggressive than you’re used to, especially in the cities, but if you drive defensively and keep your wits about you it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
- Don’t stop to pick up hitchhikers, as this is a method that’s often used by those looking to rob tourists.
- Take special care when driving at night, as both humans and animals frequently walk along or across the road and street lighting tends to be poor.
In case you have some time to spare, you could head to the Dominican Republic or Costa Rica for more beautiful beaches and lush rainforests.
What our customers say
En 24 heures, ils nous ont trouvé une solution rapidement pour faciliter la location du camping car.