Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Rent a Car in Denmark for an exciting Scandinavian adventure
Immerse yourself in a fairytale land of castles, cobbled streets and incredible culinary culture in the stunning Scandinavian country of Denmark. Whether you’re planning to road trip around the country or take day trips out from the cities, hiring a car in Denmark is the best way to see this beautiful country and let it capture your imagination. As well as the spectacular sights and sounds of Copenhagen, Denmark is scattered with towns and cities that will never cease to excite and amaze.
The hassle-free way to rent a car in Denmark
Renting a car in Denmark doesn't have to be a hassle. At GoSee we compare your options across an extensive range of brands, allowing you to find the best vehicle for your journey.
Pop in a few details to begin your search and filter down your options further by car type, transmission, brand, group size, etc. Whether you yearn to drive in style in a shiny convertible, or pack the kids into a people-carrier, there’s something for every type of traveller. With results presented lowest cost first, you can be sure you’re getting the best option for your budget.
Car rental suppliers in Denmark
There are multitudes of car rental options in Denmark so you can choose from well known international brands and local European favourites. When you book with Airport Rentals, enjoy 24/7 customer service and no booking fees.
Note that if you are not from Europe, you will need to obtain an international driving permit to drive in Denmark. Most companies require a minimum age of 21 to rent a car, with a surcharge for those drivers under 25. This is the case for companies such as Avis, Alamo, Thrifty, Hertz and Enterprise, however Budget allows those 19 and older to hire a rental car in Denmark, with an additional young drivers surcharge.
Airport rentals in Denmark
With potential pick up points all over the country, you just need to choose your most desired route of exploration before securing a Denmark car rental.
The thriving metropolis of Copenhagen is not only dubbed one of the world’s happiest cities, but its colourful streets are prime for cycling and its restaurants and bakeries are to die for. The northern city of Aalborg is full of historic buildings and museums, while further south Aarhus is a food lover's dream. Head to one of the many cafes and bars, or attend one of the numerous festivals the city has to offer.
In central Denmark lies the town of Billund. Famous for Lego, the well-loved building blocks, Billund will have you embracing your inner child in a matter of moments. To the southeast in the Baltic Sea, the Danish island of Bornholm is home to Ronne, where you can explore a combination of cliffs, forests, and beaches.
Pick up and drop off your Denmark rental car in whichever locations suit your fancy and explore this Scandinavian wonderland at your leisure.
Denmark Road Rules
To stay safe, please note the mandatory rules and regulations for driving in Denmark.
- Motorists drive on the right, overtake on the left, and give way to the right.
- Wearing your seatbelt is mandatory.
- It is illegal to use a handheld mobile phone while driving.
- The blood alcohol limit is 0.05%.
- The speed limit is 50km/h in towns and cities, 80km/h on open roads, and between 110-130km/h on the highway. Speed limits are sign posted.
- Children must sit in the back in appropriately fitted seats. If a child is 135cm or taller, they may sit in the front.
- You must have your headlights on at all times, including during the day.
- Always carry your licence and your international driving permit with you.
Denmark Driving Tips
- Give way to busses signalling they are stopping.
- Do not stop or park on main roads or highways. Parking discs - which are available from petrol stations - must be displayed when parking in designated areas.
- Cyclists and pedestrians have the right of way, so always check your surroundings.
- Before entering an intersection, always make sure the car can fit through to the other side without blocking the crossing road.
Get ready for a Scandinavian adventure in the dynamic country of Denmark.
What our customers say
Needed to amend a booking, web site hard to re use,,.
So call centre sorted it all out for me thankyou.