Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Discover coastal beauty with Vancouver Airport car rentals
Pick up your Vancouver International Airport car rental and get exploring Canada’s stunning West Coast. Consistently named one of the most liveable cities in the world, Vancouver is a busy seaside metropolis sitting amongst a backdrop of gorgeous snow-capped mountains. The dense and diverse downtown bustles with business, art, and entertainment, while the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains beckons just beyond it. Get a deal on Vancouver airport car rentals and plan your trip today.
Picking up your YVR car rental
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the second busiest airport in Canada (after Toronto) and a major travel hub, offering all the amenities you would expect from a world-class facility. Upon landing, travellers can enjoy a fantastic range of shops, restaurants, and services to prepare for a fantastic visit to British Columbia.
When you’re ready to pick up the keys and hit the road, you will find the airport's car rental counters on the ground floor of the parkade, just outside of the main terminal of YVR Airport.
If you are searching for Vancouver car rentals from an off-airport location, you can take advantage of the free pick up service from companies to reach their respective rental location.
Finding your way around with a Vancouver Airport car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your rental cars in Vancouver Airport.
- Downtown Vancouver is 14 kilometres north of the airport—a quick 20-minute drive in light traffic conditions. On your way out of the terminal, take Grant McConachie Way E for 5 kilometres, and then get on Granville Street for the next 9 kilometres to take you right into the city.
- There are only a few highways in the Vancouver area and plenty of traffic lights. Plan your rental car Vancouver Airport route in advance using a GPS or mobile application, and avoid peak traffic hours if you can.
- Be mindful of bike lanes and pedestrian crossings. Do not use your cell phone when driving—if you are using it for navigation, make sure it is mounted securely before driving your YVR car rentals.
- Finding a parking space can be challenging and expensive in downtown Vancouver, whether it is on the street or in a garage. On-street stalls have maximum time limits of an hour or two in the busiest areas so be sure to plan your stops wisely. Meters are in effect from 9 am to 10 pm every day. Don’t forget to include parking fees as part of your travel budget.
Things to see and do with a YVR car rental
Comprising a wonderland of hiking trails, botanical gardens, golf, tennis, wildlife and so much more, Stanley Park is a recreational haven for energetic nature lovers of all kinds. Enjoy 1000 acres of fantastic leisure and entertainment.
See the artistic side of the city when you visit this funky section of Vancouver, loaded with eclectic shops, beautiful galleries, fun and delicious eats, and so much more. see the artist side of the city when you visit this funky section of Vancouver loaded with eclectic shops, beautiful galleries, fun and deliciuos eats and so much more.
This vibrant and trendy neighbourhood is where past meets future. Refurbished old buildings and cobblestone streets complement modern cuisine and stylish boutiques. Head here to get a taste of Vancouver’s unique downtown.
The great outdoors
From whale watching and beach hopping to mountain biking and snowboarding, British Columbia’s gorgeous landscape is meant to be explored. Don’t miss Grouse Mountain, Jericho Beach, or Pam Rocks.
Rent-a-car tips for Vancouver Airport
- The mountain roads around Vancouver can be steep and winding. Choose a car rental YVR that you feel safe and confident to drive. SUVs are a popular rental car choice in British Columbia.
- If you are looking for the best car rental at Vancouver Airport, visit our customer reviews page to see what fellow travellers recommend.
- Visiting Vancouver for a special occasion? The airport has a great selection of luxury car models not found at other locations.
- Read the terms of your booking to ensure you know what to expect when you arrive at Vancouver International Airport. Organise any special pick up requirements with the depot ahead of your vehicle reservation date.
- Road trips to nearby hotspots like Kelowna and Victoria in your car rental are possible with one-way booking options. Some rental providers even allow one-way bookings to certain cities in the USA.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rentals Vancouver Airport: Frequently asked questions
Where are the car rental counters at Vancouver Intl Airport (YVR)?
Vancouver Airport's car rental counters are located on the ground floor of the parkade, just outside of the main terminal of YVR Airport.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Vancouver?
The cost to rent a car in Vancouver depends on multiple factors including the make and model of the vehicle, supply, season, demand, and more. To get the most accurate price, type in your dates on the search bar at the top of this page. You will be presented with several options to compare across multiple brands. For example, Economy car rental cost in Vancouver is around C$ 44 per day. To save more money, you can key in your discount code (if any) before you complete your booking.
What car rental suppliers have counters at Vancouver Airport?
There are several car rental companies at Vancouver Intl Airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget Car Rental Vancouver Airport, Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz, National, Enterprise Vancouver Airport, Mex Rent a Car, and Routes Car Rental.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Vancouver Intl Airport (YVR)?
If your chosen Vancouver car hire supplier is not located at the airport, there will likely be shuttle services provided to off-airport depots. Confirm your pick up location with your chosen rental car company before completing the booking to ensure your travel plans run smoothly.
What is the cheapest car rental in Vancouver?
The cheapest Vancouver rental car price will vary according to availability and season, but generally, economy or compact models from Mex Rent a Car and Dollar Car Rental Vancouver Airport to be the least expensive. Get the best rental car company that suits your budget and needs, when you use GoSee's search engine and filters.
What is the most popular rental car in Vancouver?
The most frequently booked rental vehicle in Vancouver, BC are the intermediate size (Toyota Corolla or similar), and SUVs (Toyota RAV4 or similar).
Do you need a car in Vancouver, BC?
You can see a lot without getting YVR airport car rentals, but the flexibility of a rental car and the ease of getting to hotspots outside the city will allow you to get the most of the experience. Rent a car Vancouver Airport and kick off your Canada adventure. You can also get hire a vehicle from one of the car rental locations downtown.
Should I book a rental car online before arriving or directly in Vancouver Intl. Airport?
If you wait to book a rental car when you arrive in Vancouver, you may risk not getting the vehicle you want—or miss out entirely depending on how busy it is. Book ahead to secure the best car rental deals for your upcoming Vancouver trip.
How old do I have to be to book a Vancouver car rental?
Most auto rental providers at Vancouver Airport require drivers to be at least 21 years old to rent a car. However, there are some exceptions. Mex Rent A Car allows drivers to rent at age 18; and Thrifty, Dollar, and Hertz allow drivers to rent at age 20. In most cases, drivers under the age of 25 will incur a young driver's surcharge. Type in your chosen dates and age into the search form at the top of this page to compare vehicles and rates across multiple brands.
Is it possible to book a one-way rental from Vancouver Intl Airport (YVR)?
Yes, major rental cars Vancouver Airport suppliers offer one-way rentals. Type in your desired dates and drop-off location to the search form above to see prices and availability. Booking one way will usually incur an additional fee. Don't forget to use your car system GPS to help you navigate your routes.