Why book a rental car with us?
24/7 customer support
Go wild with a Prince George Airport car rental
Pick up your Prince George rental car and get exploring the outdoor wonderland and cultural gems of this fantastic Canadian city in northern British Columbia. Sitting on the banks of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers, Prince George is a gorgeous blend of stunning wilderness and urban entertainment. Go for an energetic bike, hike or paddle in the morning followed by an afternoon of shopping, sipping, and museum hopping. It’s all here for you—secure your Prince George car rental and GoSee it all!
Explore our special offers
Picking up your car rental at Prince George Airport (YXS)
Prince George Airport is located southeast of Prince George and is an important hub for the region. A combination of national carriers and regional airlines offer regular flights to a variety of domestic destinations and a small selection of seasonal international flights.
Prince George Airport (YXS) provides sufficient traveller amenities and services including free WiFi, an ATM, public telephones and information booths providing a range of local area and tourist information. Visitors can also grab a bite to eat at the on-site restaurant and café or take a break in the lounge.
When you are ready to collect your keys and hit the road, make your way to the arrivals hall to find your selected rental car company.
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your car rental from Prince George Airport (YXS).
- Driving from the Prince George Airport to Prince George should take fifteen minutes. Exit the airport and follow Ellis Road. At Johnson Road, turn left and continue until you reach Old Cariboo Highway. Follow the signs to Dawson Creek and then take a left turn onto Yellowhead Highway. This road will take you across the bridge over Fraser River and all the way into the city.
- Prince George is a small city with just over 74,000 residents, meaning there is little traffic and little congestion. You can get anywhere in the city within fifteen minutes.
- Winter driving poses the greatest challenge for visitors, with ice and snow occasionally wreaking havoc on the mountain roads. Check local weather reports and road closures before setting off from your accommodation. Make sure to request winter tires ahead of your vehicle reservation date to avoid any hassle.
- Be alert for wild animals on country roads—at dawn and dusk is when they are most active.
Car rentals Prince George: Things to see and do
Downtown Prince George
Browse your way through farmers markets, hundreds of eclectic shops, and local boutiques. Refuel at one of the fabulous restaurants along the way.
Two Rivers Gallery
Discover contemporary Canadian art and immerse yourself in creativity at this important gallery of the central interior, situated on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh.
Skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, paddle boarding, canoeing, fishing… the parks, mountains, lush green forests, and freshwater lakes and rivers offer endless opportunities to enjoy nature at its finest.
The Exploration Place and Science Centre
Learn about the local history and take part in interactive science exhibits when you visit this fantastic museum.
Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum
Opened in 1986, this 8-acre site has a collection of over sixty pieces of rolling stock, ten historical buildings, and numerous smaller artifacts.
Fort George Canyon Provincial Park
If you want to have some time with nature, this 178-hectare park is a great place to visit for adventure-seekers. See the sandy beaches and greeny forests, explore wide caves, or paddle down peaceful rivers.
Huble Homestead Historic Site
This is a very interesting glimpse into a time a hundred years ago. Not only are the Homestead buildings in great shape, but the general store also serves meals to satisfy your tummies.
Top tips for car rental in Prince George
- Car rental supply is limited in Prince George. Make sure you book your vehicle well in advance to secure the Prince George rental car you want.
- The mountain roads around Prince George can be steep and winding. Opt for a vehicle suited to the conditions of your trip.
- You should have no trouble finding a spot to park your rental car in Prince George, with plenty of covered parking garages and on-street metered spots. Parking costs as little as CAD$1 per hour and CAD$6 per day. Parking is free on weekdays after 5pm, on weekends and public holidays.
- If you are visiting Prince George as part of a longer road trip, you may also grab a car rental from Cranbrook, or Deer Lake to explore British Columbia. If you have time on your hands, you may opt to drive your car hire to Kelowna or Nanaimo. The choice is yours!
What our customers say
How much does it cost to rent a car in Prince George?
Car rental supply in Prince George is a bit lower than in other Canadian cities so the prices tend to be higher. Check up-to-the-minute prices with a quick search at the top of this page, and compare Prince George car rental deals across different brands.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Prince George?
The cheapest car rental agency in Prince George changes depending on supply and demand. Currently, National Car Rental Prince George offers the cheapest car rental.
Can I rent a car from Prince George Airport?
Yes, you can rent a car from Prince George Airport (YXS). National Rent A Car Prince George is located on-site.
Which car rental companies are at the Prince George Airport?
National Car Rental Prince George Airport is currently the only rental company available on-site.
What types of cars can I rent from Prince George?
The following vehicle classes are available at Prince George Airport: Compact, economy, intermediate, full size, SUV, people carrier/vans, and cargo van/pick up. Supply is limited, so book early to secure the rental vehicle you want from a wide range of deals in Prince George.
How old do I have to be to book a Prince George car rental?
You must be at least 21 years old to book a rental car in Prince George.
Can I book now and pay later for my car rental in Prince George?
Yes, you may book rental cars in Prince George now and pay for them at the pick up location.
Is it possible to book one-way from Prince George Airport?
Prince George is a remote location with limited rental car supply, so one-way car rentals may not be available. When searching for vehicles, untick the ‘Return to same location’ box and type in your desired destination to see if this option will be available. If not, you may wish to try calling the Prince George rental office directly.
What is the best type of rental car in Prince George?
There are multiple car types to choose from for your Prince George car rentals. However, the best type of car to rent is the vehicle you feel most comfortable driving. Many people prefer to book an SUV in this mountainous location.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental in Prince George?
When collecting your car rental in Prince George you will need to present the following:
- Renter's driver's license. This may be a Canadian driver's license, a home country driver's license. Remember that temporary driver's licenses may be refused. Any additional drivers will also need to present their valid driver's license. Please note that only permitted additional driver is allowed to drive the rental vehicle.
- A credit card in the name of the renter. This should have enough funds to cover any of the security deposit options.
- Passport or I.D. for secondary identification.