Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Hit the highlights with a London, Ontario car rental
Pick up your London Ontario Airport car rental and get exploring this thriving Canadian city in Southwestern Ontario. Its leafy position between two Great Lakes at the fork of the Thames River makes it a fantastic place for outdoor adventure, while its large student population and rich national history make it a beautiful hub of arts and culture. From incredible shopping destinations and farmers markets to fantastic events and lively breweries, London has something for everyone.
Explore our special offers
Picking up your car rental at London Ontario Airport
London International Airport in Ontario has one small terminal with standard airport services and concessions. You can power up your devices at the charging stations and access free WiFi throughout the terminal.
Finding your way around the airport is simple and stress-free. Once you’ve collected your luggage, rental desks are located on site in the arrivals area near the baggage claim. Choose from major car rental companies including Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo, National, and Enterprise London Ontario.
What you need to know about hiring a car in London, Ontario
Finding your way around
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your London Ontario Airport car rental.
- The route between London International Airport and the CBD is a straightforward one. After leaving the terminal, you’ll take Oxford Street East and follow it most of the way into town. Turn left onto Quebec Street, then right onto Queens Ave, which passes through the heart of the city.
- Proximity to the major 401 highway makes London very accessible from other Canadian hotspots.
- Traffic is worse than you might expect for a smaller city. You might find your drive held up at the river crossings, and around train tracks—as there is a number around the city. Wharncliffe Road is one place that can get congested, so be sure to allow extra time if your route takes you this way.
- In town, the city manages 20 parking lots around the CBD, but that figure only represents 20 per cent of the total parking areas available for your London car rental. While it may be easiest to book accommodation where you can park on site and walk through the city, note that you can also make use of free on-street parking after 6pm Monday to Friday from York Street to Queens Ave, and from Ridout to Wellington Street. All on-street spots also offer two free hours on Saturdays, and are free all day on Sundays.
Things to see and do with a London Ontario car rental
Rent a car in London Airport and hit the road to check out these popular attractions within the city center or in nearby areas.
- 100 Kellogg Lane - What was originally a Kellogg's factory is now a world-class complex where people gather to work, dine, shop, play, and stay. This unique space blends history and future, and has something for everyone.
- Covent Garden Market - A historical landmark and community gathering place, Covent Garden Market is where the locals go for fresh food, flowers, handicrafts, and so much more.
- Boler Mountain - Outdoor lovers should head to Boler Mountain for skiing or snowboarding in the winter, and mountain biking and hiking in the summer.
- Hit the breweries - Park the rental car and sample the local drop. London is home to the largest brewery in Canada, Labatt, as well as smaller local breweries like Anderson Craft Ales and the Toboggan Brewing Company.
Rent a car London Ontario: Top tips
- Summer is the most popular time for car rentals in London, Ontario. If you’re visiting between June and August, book well in advance to secure the best car rentals deals and the right vehicle for your adventure.
- Luxury car rental in London, Ontario is a sparse. If you are planning to rent a car for a special occasion, book well in advance.
- If you’re starting your Canada holiday in London, you may be able to book a one-way rental from London Airport and drop off your rental car in Ottawa or Hamilton. Other possible road trip destinations include a car hire adventure in Montreal or Toronto.
- Not sure what you need? Visit our customer reviews section for some extra guidance from fellow travellers.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rentals London: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car in London?
The price of renting a car in London varies depending on availability, season, and other factors. For the most up-to-date quotes without having to scour the Internet for any discount code, type your desired dates into the search tool above and instantly view and compare deals from multiple London car rental companies.
What is the cheapest car rental company in London?
Budget Car Rental often has the cheapest car rental deals in London, Ontario. This can change depending on multiple factors however, so do a quick search to get the most up to date quotes.
How much will it cost to rent a car in London, Ontario in November?
The average price of a car rental in London, Ontario in November is currently CA$57. However, this can change with supply and demand. Compare rental car London Ontario rates right here and lock in a great deal now.
What is the most popular rental car in London?
The most popular London car rentals are full-size vehicles like Toyota Camrys and Chevrolet Impalas, and SUVs like Hyundai Konas and Toyota RAV4s. Take note, however, that the best rental car is the vehicle which suits your travel needs at the time.
How old do I have to be to book a London car rental?
You must be 21 years old to book and rent a car in London, Ontario.
Can you take a rental car across the border?
Popular car rental companies including our partners have different policies with regard to border crossings. Read the terms on the rental listings when comparing London Ontario car rentals on the search results page, and when in doubt, contact the pick up depot directly to ensure your travel plans are in line with the border rules of your chosen rental car company.
Is it possible to book one way from London?
It is possible to book one-way rentals from London. To change the drop off location from the pick up location, simply uncheck the ‘Return car to same location’ box in the search form and type in your desired destination to see if this option is available for the rental cars London Ontario offers, and at what price.
Are there car rentals with unlimited mileage?
Most London car rental companies offer unlimited mileage. Check the specs when browsing through listings on the search results page to ensure this is included in the rate.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental in London?
When picking up your car rental from London Ontario Airport (YXU) you will need your driver's license, a second form of government-issued identification, and a credit card. Any additional drivers will also need to present a driver’s license.
The renter is also considered as the main driver, who must have a valid driver's license under his or her name. Take note that temporary driver's licenses are not allowed. For non-Canadian residents or people who are yet to secure a Canadian driver's license, their home country driver's license with an International Drivers Permit (IDP) must be carried for the entire rental period. The individual's home country license should also be a facially valid license, one which has the photo of the owner. Any temporary license or expired home state license will not be enough.
US driver's license is usually accepted, however certain car rental locations may have different mandates according to various licensing laws. Note that digital licenses are still at the probationary phase, and so, check the updated driver's license information policy of the territory / state. It is best practice to bring along additional IDs at all times to support the home country license.
Only the permitted additional driver is allowed to drive the rental vehicle, aside from the hirer, at any given time during the rental period. Any additional authorized driver should be listed through the booking process. The driver's licenses of all authorized drivers are subject to the same laws governing the renter's driver's license.