Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore the Okanagan with a Kelowna Airport car rental
Kelowna is a gorgeous destination in British Columbia surrounded by mountains, vineyards, and pine forest. It can be anything you want it to be: a romantic getaway, adventurous experience, or a relaxing escape. It’s right in the heart of the Okanagan region and offers a fantastic blend of outdoor activity and urban excitement. It also happens to be a great starting point for exploring many of Canada’s top destinations. Book your Kelowna Airport car rental today to lock in a great price.
Picking up your Kelowna car rental
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) comprises a small terminal with just a few shops and restaurants on either side of security. There are standard airport services available and free WiFi.
Once you’ve collected your luggage, the car rental desks are located on-site near the baggage claim area. You’ll find the Kelowna Airport car rental pick-up and drop off point at the south end of the Short Term parking lot.
Finding your way around with a Kelowna Airport car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Kelowna Airport car rental.
- The Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is a 20-minute drive from the central town area. As you leave the airport, turn left onto Highway 97 and follow it all the way into the heart of Kelowna. You will need to turn off (most likely to the right if you’re heading into the central district) before you hit the bridge, as following the 97 across the bridge will take you into West Kelowna.
- A real benefit of driving in Kelowna is that it’s fairly easy going, with wide roads set out in a grid structure. However, you are likely to encounter steep and winding roads as you sightsee your way through the region—prepare accordingly.
- The City of Kelowna offers parking rates of CA$1 per hour or CA$6 for the day in the Chapman and Memorial Parkades in town, or you can take a spot in the on-street parking stalls and use the pay and display machines from 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday.
- Winter driving poses the greatest challenge for visiting drivers, with ice and snow occasionally wreaking havoc on the highways. Check local weather reports and road closures —particularly if you are planning to drive through the mountains—and heed any warnings during your rental car road trip.
- Be alert for wild animals on country roads.
Things to see and do with a Kelowna car rental
Kelowna Cultural District
Rent a car at Kelowna International Airport and head Downtown to experience urban entertainment at its finest. From fabulous art galleries and studios to theatres, museums, and even a casino, Kelowna’s Downtown is always abuzz with exciting activities. Book yourself in for dinner and a show!
If hitting the links is on your list of things to do in Kelowna, you’ll have 19 incredible courses to choose from. Covering all skill levels, golfers will enjoy jaw-dropping scenery, mild weather, and a chance to do it all over again at a different course the next day.
Play in the mountains
Whether you visit in winter or summer, a spot of recreational activity in the Rockies is an absolute must-do! Incredible wildlife watching, phenomenal skiing and snowboarding, epic bike trails, one-of-a-kind walking treks… the list goes on and on. Knox Mountain Park is a great starting point, or the golf course of Okanagan Golf Club if you favor this sport.
Sample the local drop
The Okanagan region is chock-full of gorgeous wineries, breweries, and cideries. Park the rental car and hop on a tour to taste test all the different flavours in a variety of stunning locations.
Top tips for Kelowna car rental
- Going on a rental car trip in Kelowna with a large group? The availability of people movers is limited, so you’ll want to lock in your booking as soon as possible to get the vehicle type suited to your adventure.
- The mountain roads in the Kelowna region can be steep and winding. If you plan to do a lot of outdoor exploring, consider a large vehicle or SUV with a high safety rating.
- Budget Car Rental Kelowna Airport and Hertz consistently offer comparatively cheap car rentals in Kelowna.
- Certain car rental companies—like Enterprise Kelowna Airport—offer mystery deals that provide great value to customers.
- As you pick a rental car, select vehicle type or passengers capacity suited to your travel needs.
- Take advantage of the free pick up service when you avail of an off airport deal.
- If you believe you need help because of your unique situation, try to know more about the rent a car system and reach out to our customer support.
What our customers say
Kia ora, Thank you for the excellent experience,
User friendly, nice and easy browsing through the different options.
What I really appreciate is the Terms & Conditions
are not so wordy:)
Your website is awesome - love the colour scheme great on the eyes, tēnā rawa atu:)
Kind regards, Mon.T
How much does it cost to rent a car from Kelowna Intl. Airport (YLW)?
Kelowna Airport car rental rates vary depending on several factors. Find up-to-the-minute prices and compare service offerings from multiple brands right here.
Where are the car rental counters at Kelowna Airport?
Kelowna Airport car rental desks are located inside the terminal near the baggage claim area at YLW. Follow the airport signs and you won't get lost.
What car rental suppliers are at Kelowna Airport?
You will find multiple top car rental companies at Kelowna Airport, including Budget, Thrifty, Avis, Hertz, Dollar, Ace Rent A Car, Enterprise and National. Some suppliers have car rental locations away from the airport, make sure to coordinate with your chosen rental car company directly to arrange free pick up services.
Can I book now and pay later for my car rental in Kelowna International Airport?
Yes, there are car rentals Kelowna Airport brands that allow you to book a vehicle now and pay for it later. When using the search tool, simply click the ‘Pay at Pick up’ filter under the heading ‘Payment Type’ to search only rental cars from brands that allow this.
What is the cheapest car rental in Kelowna?
The cheapest rental cars Kelowna Airport vary, but it is often an economy car model like a Chevy Spark or Hyundai Accent from a no frills brand like Budget or Ace Rent a Car. With GoSee, no need to enter a discount code as the best Kelowna Airport rental car rates are available here!
What is the most popular rental car in Kelowna?
Many people book convertible SUVs in Kelowna if they are doing a lot of mountain driving, but compact vehicles are also popular with budget travellers staying within city limits.
Which car rental companies in Kelowna have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Every car rental company serving Kelowna BC has aligned their practices on health and safety with the mandated standards by the government of Canada. Health and cleanliness protocols cover vehicles, rental offices, and staff. You can also filter your search results for ‘Enhanced Cleaning’ to ensure maximum cleanliness.
Can I rent a car for a month or longer in Kelowna?
Yes, it is possible to book a rental car Kelowna Airport for a month or longer. Type in your desired dates to compare long term rental rates—in many cases, rental providers offer better daily rates for month-long car rent bookings.
How old do I have to be to book a Kelowna car rental?
Most car rental companies in Kelowna BC (with the exception of Hertz which has a 20-year-old minimum) require drivers to be at least 21 years old to book a vehicle, and they often charge a young driver surcharge to those under 25.
Is it possible to book a one-way rental from Kelowna Airport?
Yes, one-way bookings from Kelowna Airport YLW are possible going to other airport locations, whether you’re dropping off your rental car in Vancouver, Victoria, or headed to other Canada car rental locations. Certain brands even allow you to cross the USA border (Seattle is just 6.5 hours away). Generally there is a drop box located in every car rental return depot, where you may place the keys and completed rental agreement. Type in your details to the search form above to find and price out one-way booking options.