Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore East Kootenay with a Cranbrook Airport car rental
Pick up a Cranbrook car rental and hit the Kootenay Mountain trail. Cranbrook is just a stone’s throw from the United States border in the southeast corner of British Columbia and sits at the base of the Kootenay Rockies. Home to stunning parks, award-winning golf courses, and fantastic hiking trails, Cranbrook is the perfect destination for outdoor lovers in any season. Fantastic museums, excellent shopping opportunities and a vibrant downtown area all add to the city’s charm. Secure a Cranbrook car rental deal today!
Picking up your Cranbrook car rental
The Canadian Rockies International Airport is located fifteen kilometres from Cranbrook. The city-owned airport is serviced by Air Canada, West Jet and Pacific Coastal and offers direct flights to and from Vancouver and Calgary. The small airport offers standard traveller amenities and services including free WiFi throughout the terminal.
When you are ready to pick up your keys and hit the road, make your way to the arrivals area to find your selected Cranbrook car rental company.
Finding your way around with a Cranbrook rental car
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Cranbrook Airport car rental.
- The drive from the Canadian Rockies International Airport to Cranbrook is straightforward and should take no more than fifteen minutes. Exit the airport and follow the Airport Access Road. Turn left at Kimberly Highway and stay on it for approximately 6 kilometres. Turn right onto Theatre Road and follow it all the way to Cranbrook city centre.
- Cranbrook is a small city, so traffic is minimal. Mother Nature will be your biggest driving challenge in this mountainous destination. Severe weather can disrupt travel plans, with heavy rain, ice, and snow occasionally wreaking havoc on the highways. Check local reports and road closures before setting off.
- Be alert for wild animals on rural roads—particularly at dawn and dusk.
- You should have no problems finding a place to park your rental car on your trip to Cranbrook. Most hotels offer parking facilities for their guests and there is ample on-street parking and a variety of city-owned parking lots to choose from.
Things to see and do with a Cranbrook car rental
- Heritage - Learn about the incredible history of the region with a visit to one of several educational sites, including the Cranbrook History Centre, the Fort Steele Heritage Town, Fisherville Historical Site, and the Ktunaxa Interpretive Centre.
- Golfing - Hit the links amongst the mountains at one of Cranbrook’s multiple award-winning golf courses. Between Cranbrook and Kimberly, the southeast corner of British Columbia has 7 championship courses to choose from.
- Powder Highway - Within 5 hours’ drive of Cranbrook, skiers and snowboarders can access at least 8 world-class ski resorts, including Kimberly just 20 minutes away, and Fernie 1 hour away.
- Hiking and biking - Get back to nature with a walk or ride on any one of the innumerable mountain trails in the region. Get stunning views of waterfalls, forests, grasslands, lakes and much more.
Top tips for Cranbrook car rental
- The mountain roads in the Cranbrook region can be steep and winding. Choose a vehicle you feel safe and confident to drive.
- If enhanced cleaning is important to you, Enterprise Cranbrook Airport and National Car Rental Cranbrook offer this service.
- There is a limited truck rental supply in Cranbrook—book early to secure the rental vehicle you want.
- Budget Car Rental is often the cheapest car rental in Cranbrook.
- Not sure what you need or want? Check our customer reviews for guidance.
What our customers say
GoSee website was easy to use, straight forward and we were able to save a quote for the car we were interested in. A member of the GoSee team called that evening to make sure we had all of the information we needed and she sent us through the quote again... Thank you for making a stressful situation much more tolerable!!
How much does it cost to rent a car in Cranbrook?
The cost to rent a car in Cranbrook varies depending on several factors, including availability, demand, and make and model. Compare up-to-the-minute prices and car rental deals across multiple brands right here to get the most up to date and accurate information.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Cranbrook?
The cheapest car rental agency in Cranbrook can change depending on multiple factors, but Budget Cranbrook Airport has consistently cheap prices.
Can I rent a car from Cranbrook Airport?
You can rent a car from Cranbrook Airport if you are a minimum of 21 years old, have a full and valid driver’s license, and have a major credit card in your name.
Which car rental companies are at the Cranbrook Airport?
There are at least three car rental companies at Cranbrook Airport: Budget Car Rental, Enterprise Cranbrook Airport, and National Car Rental Cranbrook.
What is the most popular rental car in Cranbrook?
Intermediate-size vehicles like the Toyota Corolla and Kia Fonte, and SUVs like the Toyota RAV4 and Hyundai Kona are the most popular car rentals in Cranbrook.
How old do I have to be to book a Cranbrook car rental?
You must be at least 21 years old to book a rental car in Cranbrook.
What types of cars can I rent in Cranbrook?
You can choose from the following vehicle classes for your Cranbrook car rentals: compact, economy, intermediate, full size, SUVs, and cargo vans/pick ups.
Is it possible to book one-way from Cranbrook Airport?
Yes, you can book a one-way rental from Cranbrook Airport, whether you are staying within British Columbia and heading for a car hire road trip in Abbotsford, Deer Lake, or Prince George, or driving clear across Canada. Some car rental companies will even allow one-way transfers to Nanaimo or Victoria on Vancouver Island. Simply uncheck the ‘Return vehicle to same location’ in the search form and type in your desired destination to see what vehicles are available and at what cost. Please note that one-way fees will likely apply.
What is the best type of car to rent in Cranbrook?
The best type of Cranbrook airport car hire is the one you feel most comfortable driving. Many drivers opt for SUVs to navigate the steep and winding mountain roads.
What do I need to bring when I collect my car rental in Cranbrook?
You need to bring a full and valid driver’s license, a second form of ID, and a credit card in your name when you collect your car rental in Cranbrook. Additional drivers will also need to show their valid driver's licenses.
The hirer is also the primary driver and should own a valid driver's license under his or her name. Take note that temporary driver's licenses are not allowed.
During the entire rental period, non-Canadian residents or those who are yet to obtain a Canadian driver's license must bring their home country driver's license with an IDP / international driver's permit. The individual's home country license should also be a facially valid license, one which bears the photo of the owner. A temporary license or expired home state license will not be enough.
US driver's license is usually accepted, however certain car rental locations may have different mandates according to various licensing laws. Note that digital licenses are still at the probationary phase, and so, check the updated driver's license information policy of the territory / state. It is best practice to bring along additional IDs at all times to support the home country license.
Only permitted additional driver is allowed to drive Cranbrook car rentals, aside from the hirer, from vehicle reservation date to that time of return / drop off. Any additional authorized driver should be enlisted through the booking process. The rental agreement serves as an official reminder, and any violation is punishable by law.