Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Go country with a Tamworth car rental
Tamworth is a small town in New South Wales, but it’s made a big name for itself as the Country Music Capital of Australia. The annual Tamworth Country Music Festival is the second-largest festival of its kind in the world, and many of its attractions—like the Big Golden Guitar and Wax Museum—further cement the town as a country music mecca. It’s also recognised as the National Equine Capital of Australia—not bad for a town of just over 40,000 people. With long hot summers and mild winters, there’s never a bad time to visit, so lock in a deal on Tamworth car hire, today.
Explore our special offers
Picking up a car rental at Tamworth Airport
Tamworth Airport is a regional transport hub for the area, with flights arriving from Brisbane and Sydney as well as a number of regional flights and charters. Within the small terminal building, you can expect standard facilities such as baggage trolleys, free WiFi, and a cafe for refreshments. You’ll easily spot the Tamworth Airport car rental desks when you enter the arrivals area. Simply make your way there to pick up your car keys and hit the road.
Finding your way around with a car hire in Tamworth
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Tamworth Airport car rental.
- From the airport, it’s a 9-kilometre drive into Tamworth, which takes roughly 15 minutes to drive with your car hire. You’ll take a left onto New Winton Road, which meets the B56 highway, where another left will direct you into the heart of the township.
- Traffic is quite light for the most part in Tamworth, but can pick up during peak periods— particularly during the country music festival and open air concerts. One of the main challenges of Tamworth’s road system is the Peel River, which runs through the centre of town. There are just three bridges that cross it, so these can get a little congested at peak times.
- Keep to the speed limit, as there are plenty of speed cameras around and near Tamworth.
- For parking your rental car in Tamworth, you have plenty of large car parks tucked away behind shops and facilities to choose from—for example, behind Kmart and the community centre.
Car hire Tamworth: Things to see and do
Tamworth Marsupial Park and Adventure Playground
This family-friendly attraction is a free and fun way to get up close and personal to some of Australia’s most beloved animal species.
The Big Golden Guitar Tourist Centre
The giant golden guitar statue (a great photo opportunity) will alert you to this fantastic tourist spot, comprising the National Guitar Museum, Country Music Wax Museum and Strings & Beans Café.
Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum
This is a must-stop location for any motorcycle enthusiast, as it features 50 motorcycles from the 50s through the 80s, all in excellent condition and working order.
Australian Country Music Hall of Fame
Enjoy an incredible collection of country music memorabilia from across the country, and learn about the music history of Tamworth.
Oxley Scenic Lookout
Head up to the top of White Street in your Tamworth rental car to enjoy sweeping views of the Peel River Region. Catch a sunset if you can!
Top tips for car rental Tamworth Airport
- Ute hire in Tamworth is limited, so you’ll need to book it well in advance. Alternatively, SUV rentals are in greater supply. When in doubt, contact our friendly customer service team.
- Car hire selection in Tamworth is not as varied as you find in the larger cities, so it is important to book early for peak periods—particularly during the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
- Try to cancel pick up service offered by the rental provider or modify it, to know if you could get further discount.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
How much does it cost to hire a car at Tamworth Airport?
Tamworth Airport car hire prices vary based on season, vehicle availability and rental duration. To get a more accurate rental estimate, type your dates into the search box on this page. You can compare rates across multiple brands all in one place. If you create an account with us, after submission of verification code / security link is clicked, you may monitor your booking.
What is the highest-rated car hire in Tamworth Airport?
Toyota's Camry and Corolla models, as well as other similar 5-seater vehicles are rated excellent by customers hiring a car at Tamworth Airport.
What is the highest-rated car hire supplier in Tamworth Airport?
Keddy and National are at the top for brands that have on-airport depots. But other big names in the industry like Thrifty, Dollar, and Hertz also compete as the best car rental supplier in Tamworth, New South Wales.
What is the absolute cheapest car hire found at Tamworth Airport?
Prices vary due to multiple factors, but often the cheapest car rentals are provided by Alamo, Budget and Avis. Type your dates into the search bar on this page to instantly compare current rates across multiple brands. Be sure to input as many details as possible for a more accurate rental estimate of the right hire car suited to your needs. Find cheap car hire deals with GoSee and start exploring Tamworth and the rest of New South Wales.
What license do I need to rent a vehicle in Tamworth?
To rent a car in Tamworth, you just need a regular, full and valid driver’s license. If your license is not written in English, you may also be required to present an International Drivers Permit.
Can I pick up a car hire in Tamworth and drop off in another location?
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or away from the airport?
The cheapest location to rent a car depends on several factors besides the daily rate, including convenience, inclusions, and any extras you may wish to buy. Don't just rely on the cheap car hire rates, try to cover all your travel needs more than the budget only. When choosing your rental provider, take into account the cost of travelling to and from the airport, mileage and insurance inclusions, sometimes the discount code quantity plus what's covered by such promo, and any additional perks or benefits in the offer.
How old do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
Certain car rental companies in Tamworth will only rent to drivers 25 years or older, but most will rent to you if you are over 21 with a full licence. Do note that renting under the age of 25 may incur an additional young driver’s charge aside from the booking fees.
What is the minimum rental period?
The minimum rental period in Tamworth is one day. You could rent a car for just a few hours and return the vehicle, but the rate is automatically calculated as a day.