Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Car Hire Proserpine: Gateway to the Whitsundays
Collect your Proserpine car hire and hit the road to explore some of Queensland’s most beautiful bays. Whilst the magnificent Whitsunday Islands might be your main draw here, the town of Airlie Beach and its surrounds have plenty to offer too! With a quick search on GoSee, you can compare a range of vehicles and car rental brands instantly. Once you've booked, you're free to explore the region on your own timetable.
Car hire Proserpine Airport: Cruise the coast with these tips
Read up on our helpful driving tips for the region before heading out in your Whitsundays car hire.
- There are a lot of pedestrians around Airlie Beach, including children. Slow down and drive cautiously.
- Review Queensland’s speed limit rules, and follow road signs regarding speed limits, road works, and roundabouts.
- Book a GPS to ensure you have access to directions in remote areas.
- Avoid driving at night as it is not recommended due to wildlife in the region. Be extra cautious at dawn and dusk for furry critters.
- Parking is available throughout Airlie Beach and free in some areas. Pay via coins, credit card, or by downloading the Easy Park app.
Picking up your Proserpine Airport car hire
Once you arrive at the airport, head to your designated rental car counter near the baggage claim in the Arrivals area. Collect your wheels and make the 30-minute drive to reach the sea. Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas for your trip to the Whitsunday region.
Whitsundays car hire: Local Airlie Beach spots
- Take a dip in the man-made lagoon complete with a kids’ pool and access to free barbecues.
- Dine al fresco at one of the many delicious local restaurants.
- Learn the history at the local Proserpine Museum.
- Hike up Honeyeater Lookout Trail for a sweeping view over Airlie Beach.
- Hire an electric scooter or bike to cruise around town.
- Stroll the Turtle Boardwalk for a leisurely oceanfront walk.
- Book in a once-in-lifetime skydive over the Great Ocean Road.
- Shop for crafts and souvenirs while enjoying fresh coffee at the Saturday Airlie Beach Market.
Visit these further-afield attractions in your Proserpine car hire
- Relax at Boathaven Beach.
- Discover waterfalls and lush rainforest trails in Conway National Park.
- Drive out to Shute Bay for walking tracks, island views, and Lion’s Lookout.
- Book a day trip to the famous Whitehaven Beach.
- Fly over the Great Ocean Reef.
This dream destination is a must for every Aussie and overseas visitor. With a car hire from Airlie Beach, you’ll get to experience the magical Great Barrier Reef waters on your own time.
Choosing the right Proserpine car hire for your trip
An extra thought about the ideal car rental with save you stress later on. Set yourself up for a great trip with these tips.
- Multiple brands such as Europcar Proserpine Airport offer pay later options if you prefer to pay at pick up.
- Booking a car rental with 24hr roadside assistance is always a great idea if you plan to explore more remote areas.
- If you expect to be spending many hours in your Proserpine car rental, we recommend checking out SUV models for more comfort and space.
- Read the terms on each listing carefully. Look for features like unlimited mileage and enhanced cleaning services if this is important to you.
What our customers say
How much does it cost to hire a car at Proserpine Airport?
With a limited number of vehicles at Proserpine Airport, the cost of hiring a car may be more expensive than larger city rentals. It pays to book early in these remote locations.
What is the cheapest car hire agency at Proserpine Airport?
The cheapest car hire agency often depends on special offers and vehicle availability. Avis car hire Proserpine Airport is a reliable, budget-friendly option as well as Budget car hire Proserpine Airport. The best way to find a deal is to compare brands on our website for up-to-the-minute prices.
Which car rental partners are based in or around Proserpine Airport?
The following car rental brands are available at Proserpine Airport: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Keddy. Airlie Beach also has city depots from car hire suppliers such as Avis, Budget, and Hertz.
Which car hire companies in Proserpine have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Due to COVID-19, extra cleaning procedures and features have been added to most rental car services to ensure the safety of every customer. Enhanced cleaning, contactless pick up, and instant confirmation are three newly added benefits to improve the rental experience.
Can I collect a car from Proserpine Airport and return somewhere else?
Yes, choosing a different drop-off location is possible for your car hire Proserpine Airport. Simply include your destination during your search to see what car rental brands allow one-way transfers. Please check the company’s rental terms for policies, as a one-way rental surcharge may apply.
How old do I need to be to rent a car from Proserpine Airport?
Drivers must be a minimum age of 21 years old to hire a car from Proserpine Airport. A young driver’s surcharge may be applied for those between the ages of 21 and 24 years old.
Do any of the rental agencies at Proserpine Airport offer unlimited mileage?
Many car rental vehicles include unlimited mileage at Proserpine Airport. Look through the included benefits on each listing before booking. Contact us if you are unsure.
Can I return my vehicle after hours?
After-hours drop-offs depend on the policy of the rental car brand. Check through the rental terms on each listing to see if it’s available before booking. Please note, in more remote locations like Proserpine Airport, many depots close early on the weekdays and have limited hours on the weekend.
Is there a minimum rental period?
Typically, rental car brands have a minimum of one day for a rental period. While you may be able to rent for a few hours, you’ll most likely be charged for a minimum of one day’s use. Check with the depot for more details.
What is the speed limit in Proserpine?
The driving speed limit within Proserpine city limits is typically 50km/h. Please keep an eye out for speed limit changes especially around road works and pedestrian zones.
5 great tips for an unforgettable car hire Sydney holiday with kids29 September 2022 9 minutes to read
5 Different Types of Accommodation in the Gold Coast for every Traveller22 September 2022 12 minutes to read
Top 3 tips for visiting Perth’s national parks in a campervan hire21 September 2022 13 minutes to read