Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Explore the west coast with a cheap car hire from Perth Airport
Renting a car is the best way to get around Perth, a sprawling capital city in the largest state of Australia. This thriving metropolis serves both as a western hub of business, and the gateway to the vast natural wonders of WA. Compare Perth Airport car hire with GoSee and start your trip off with a fantastic deal.
Explore our special offers
Car hire Perth Airport: Pick up locations
Upon landing at Perth Airport, you’ll find the car rental desks located in the arrivals area of the international terminal T1, as well as the baggage claim areas in the domestic terminals, T2 and T3. If your vehicle provider is located offsite, you’ll catch a free shuttle to the depot. After collecting your vehicle, the roads of Western Australia await. Refer to these handy driving tips to help you on your way.
What you need to know about Perth Airport car hire
Driving tips for Perth and WA
- Whilst city roads and motorways are comparatively wide in Perth, secondary roads outside of the city can skew narrow.
- Drivers in Perth have a reputation for aggressive driving. Keep your cool and keep your distance.
- Drivers may pull out onto the far lane to avoid you in the slow lane.
- Traffic isn’t as bad here as it can be in some of Australia’s other major cities, but there is congestion during peak driving hours: avoid these times if you can.
- If you’re heading out of the city in your Perth Airport car rental, it is strongly advised to avoid travel at dusk, dawn, and after dark hours. Once you get into rural areas, wildlife is most active at these low-visibility times.
- Rural areas of WA have fewer service stations, and they often close earlier. Plan ahead to ensure your fuel tank is topped up enough to get you where you need to go.
Exploring Perth in your rental car
Perth is a city of white sand beaches and exotic wildlife mixed with urban entertainment and trendy neighbourhoods. Hit all the hotspots in your Perth rental car.
- King’s Park and Botanic Garden - Experience one of the world’s largest inner city parks, complete with stunning nature, rich history, and cultural experiences. At night, pack yourself a picnic and admire the twinkling lights of the city.
- Cottesloe Beach - Watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean from the shores of this iconic beach of pure white sand halfway between Perth and Fremantle.
- Elizabeth Quay - This new development mixes business with pleasure in the Perth CBD, offering a wide variety of fun activities, dining opportunities and exciting events for everyone to enjoy.
- Aquarium of Western Australia - Visit the stunning Hillarys Boat Harbour to get to this underwater wonderland, and learn about the secrets of the deep along WA’s incredible coast.
- Swan Valley - Nominate a designated driver or hop on a tour to sample world class food and wine in this stunning region, just 25 minutes outside of Perth.
Choosing the ideal car hire for your visit to Perth
Find the right vehicle for your trip with a little help from us.
- If you plan to explore wider WA, opt for an intermediate, large or SUV model for added safety features and extra space.
- See more of Western Australia by renting a 4WD and getting access to some off-the-beaten-path treks that a regular rental won’t give you.
- If you want to save time by picking up at the airport, choose a brand with an onsite location, like Thrifty Perth Airport.
Looking for other popular options to rent cars in Australia after your hire car Perth Airport road trips? Choose from available rentals in Townsville, Brisbane or Sydney. Other great car hire locations to consider include Sunshine Coast car rental and Adelaide Airport car hire. If you are looking for an amazing holiday in Tasmania, browse rental cars at Hobart Airport or Launceston Airport. The choice is yours!
If you want a new adventure for your Australian tour, GoSee also offers motorhome hire options so you can have a fun alternative lifestyle choice in exploring the world. Aside from renting a motorhome in Perth, why not discover more of Cairns, Brisbane, or Hobart in a campervan rental? Book now!
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
How much does it cost to hire a car at Perth Airport?
Car hire prices vary depending on when you’re booking and the vehicle availability at the time. Use our website to compare up-to-the-minute prices across multiple brands to find the most accurate rates. Usually, the earlier you book, the cheaper the prices.
What is the cheapest car hire company at Perth Airport?
Typically, the cheapest car hire at Perth Airport is provided by No Birds, Thrifty Perth Airport, or Ace Rental Car. However, the quickest way to know for sure is to compare car rental prices using our sophisticated search engine, without the need for any discount code. Do note that the cheapest suppliers often offer less perks. Read the listings on each Perth Airport car hire to compare offerings.
Which car rental suppliers are based in or around Perth Domestic Airport?
You have plenty of options for Perth Airport car rental, including Hertz, Avis Car Hire Perth Airport, Europcar, Keddy, Enterprise, Alamo, Apex, Ace, No Birds, Apollo, Dollar, National, Budget Car Hire Perth Airport, and more! Use GoSee to compare rates and benefits in one easy search.
Which car hire companies in Perth have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most of the major car rental Perth suppliers have updated their health and safety policies due to COVID-19 to make sure vehicles are clean and disinfected. These car rental companies include Avis, Europcar, Budget, and Thrifty. Always check on advisories for any travel restrictions and lockdown details in different countries.
Can I collect a car from Perth Domestic Airport and return somewhere else?
Yes, major car hire suppliers offer one-way vehicle rentals. Type in your dates and destination and see available pick up locations and drop-off points. Do note that certain routes do not have this option, and one-way rentals may incur an additional fee. Options may also be limited between states and cities during COVID-19 outbreaks.
How old do I need to be to rent a car from Perth Airport?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle from Perth Airport is 21 years old, and drivers under the age of 25 may incur additional fees. Check the listings of each brand for specific rental terms.
What types of cars can I rent from Perth Domestic Airport?
Perth Airport offers the whole range of rental vehicles, including Compact, Economy, Intermediate, Large, Station Wagon, SUV, People Carrier/Vans, Premium/Luxury, and Hybrid/Electric. Search and compare vehicles on our website to find the right one for your trip. On this page you may find our Australia phone or toll-free international number if you need more assistance.
Can I return my vehicle after hours?
After-hours return depends on the particular drop off depot. Type in your desired drop off time when you search for car rentals Perth airport to view the terms and conditions. If it is unclear, give the local branch a call to confirm.
How much does it cost to hire a car for a week in Perth?
The exact fees of car hire at Perth Australia Airport will change depending on location pick up, travel dates, and vehicle availability. A weekly rate may be lower than the daily rate for car rental deals. Search now using GoSee’s sophisticated search engine to get a more accurate rental estimate. Please keep in mind that the best car hire deals do not solely depend on the prices.
What is the speed limit in Perth?
The default speed limit in Perth is 50 km/h, and 40 km/h in areas with high pedestrian traffic. The default open road limit is 110 km/h. Check the latest updates on Perth speed limits for the most current information.