Why book a rental car with us?
Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
24/7 customer support
Free cancellation on most cars up to 72 hours prior to pick up
See the Sunshine Coast in your Maroochydore Airport car hire
Pick up a Maroochydore car hire when you land and start exploring this slice of paradise. Right in the heart of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore is all about those laid-back, oceanfront, beachy vibes. A stunning stretch of coastline boasting some of Australia’s best beaches, this special city is great for water activities mixed in with a bit of shopping and sampling your way through great cafes and restaurants.
Explore our special offers
What you need to know about Maroochydore Airport car hire
Pick up your Maroochydore Airport car hire in the arrivals hall of the terminal, adjacent to baggage collection. After you’ve picked up your rental car, it’s only around a 20-minute drive from the airport into Maroochydore via the Sunshine Motorway. From the highway, follow Bradman Avenue along the shoreline and over the Maroochy River to reach the centre of Maroochydore.
Driving tips for your Sunshine Coast car rental
It’s always important to put safety first when driving, so with that in mind, here are some handy safety tips for your rental car journey.
- Obey the local road rules and keep an eye out for changing speed signs.
- Keep a lookout for wildlife on the roads, especially at dusk and dawn when animals are more active.
- Take regular breaks when driving long distances. It is recommended you stop every two hours, for at least fifteen minutes.
- When driving on Australian highways, stay in the left-hand lane unless overtaking.
Where to go with your Maroochydore car hire
There are plenty of local delights to enjoy in Maroochydore if you’re staying close to town:
- The Big Pineapple – a popular heritage-listed attraction featuring a 16-metre fibreglass pineapple, a zoo, train ride and visitor centre.
- Sea Life Sunshine Coast – An aquarium featuring a variety of sea creatures and exhibits including an 80-metre underwater walkway and tidal touch pool.
- Queensland Air Museum – This heritage air museum is the largest in Australia and boasts more than 80 restored aircraft.
- Maleny Botanic Gardens and Bird World – Beautiful, privately-owned gardens on three hectares with a waterfall, ponds, wildlife, picnic areas and a café.
Maroochydore and the Sunshine Coast are also hotspots for amazing events throughout the year. See if your visit coincides with one of the vibrant events taking place:
- Australian Body Art Festival (April) – A free event showcasing brush, sponge, and airbrush body art, plus street performances, market stalls, and live music.
- Sunshine Coast Ukulele Festival (April) – A family-friendly, four-day event with jam sessions, open mic performances, workshops, and competitions.
- Horizon Festival (August) – A week-long event celebrating all forms of art and culture, with workshops, competitions, presentations, and more.
- Buderim Garden Festival (October) – An exciting two-day festival featuring a flower show, open gardens, plant market, talks, presentations, and workshops.
Car hire Maroochydore Airport: Choose the right vehicle
When booking your Maroochydore Airport car hire, compare the vehicles and deals on offer and think about which will best suit you and the type of trip you have planned.
Budget car hire Maroochydore Airport
Small compact cars are often the cheapest and suit travellers on a budget, but they’re not the only option.
Mid-size and SUV
If you have multiple passengers and lots of luggage, you may want to upgrade to a larger vehicle for comfort and safety.
Luxury car hire Maroochydore Airport
Special occasion? Splash out with a luxury car hire from Maroochydore Airport. You could even see which swanky sports cars are on offer.
We make it easy to compare fantastic deals and to find the perfect rental car for you. Just remember to book early so that you have the greatest range available to choose from.
What our customers say
Car rental prices depend on the season, vehicle type, and rental duration. Use our booking tool to compare up-to-the-minute prices and get the best deal for your journey.
Rental partners that consistently have some of the lowest-priced car hires in Maroochydore include Apex, Alpha, and East Coast Car Rentals Sunshine Coast.
Car rentals Maroochydore Airport companies located onsite include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, and Thrifty. Proceed to the arrivals area of the airport terminal building near the baggage claim section to find the car hire counters.
A customer picking up Sunshine Coast car rental can enjoy peace of mind knowing that most of the hire companies have updated their safety protocols due to COVID-19. This includes Avis, Europcar, Thrifty, and Hertz. Cars will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Yes, major airport car rental suppliers offer one-way rentals, so you can pick up and drop off your car hire at different locations. Make sure you select the right locations when making your booking and note that applicable one-way fees may apply.
Hiring a compact vehicle will give you a few more options when you’re trying to find a parking spot at the beach in town, while a 4x4 would be necessary if you’re considering going off-road (if your rental agreement allows it). Think about what you’ll be using your car for and make your booking accordingly.
Yes, booking your Maroochydore Airport car hire ahead of time can help you secure a better deal. You’ll have a greater selection of vehicles available to you at the most competitive prices than you would closer to the pick up date.
The Sunshine Coast can experience high fuel prices, but these are always subject to change. When you need to refuel, Google the current petrol prices and you will be able to find the cheapest local rate.
The BP Service Station at 694 David Low Way is close to Maroochydore Airport, just a few minutes from the terminal. Nearby at 946 David Low Way, there is a 7 Eleven store that supplies petrol.
Maroochydore’s city speed limit is 50 km/h, with a 40 km/h speed limit enforced in school zones. Highways are usually capped at 100 km/h. Ensure to look out for local speed limit signage.