Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Go coastal with a Coffs Harbour car hire
Located halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, Coffs Harbour is the ideal place to begin, end or stop off on an amazing coastal road trip. This New South Wales city is a small town with a big heart, where you can surf in the morning, stroll through World Heritage rainforests in the afternoon, and enjoy the fresh catch of the day for dinner in the evening. It’s a quieter east coast destination, but you don’t have to trade uncrowded beaches for lack of options—the shopping, accommodation and restaurants are plentiful and fabulous. GoSee it all with a Coffs Harbour car rental.
Picking up car rental at Coffs Harbour Airport
The Coffs Harbour Airport is the largest and busiest regional airport in New South Wales, with regular flights between Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. There are basic amenities on-site, including ATMs, baby changing facilities, and a small flight lounge with limited food and drink options. Car hire desks are located in the Arrivals area next to the baggage claim.
Finding your way around with a car hire in Coffs Harbour
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Coffs Harbour car hire.
- The Coffs Harbour Airport is roughly 4 kilometres from the CBD, a trip that shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes in your rental car. When leaving the airport, turn right onto Hogbin Drive, then left onto Albany Street to cruise right into town (and vice versa for the reverse journey).
- Share the road with cyclists and be extra alert at dawn and dusk when wild animals sometimes wander out onto the road.
- Check the Coffs Harbour City Council page for the latest information on car parks, roadworks, and road closures to plan your route.
- Coffs Harbour offers plenty of long term and short term car park spaces in town—just be sure to read any signage as some areas have restricted time periods during business hours. Most street parking is limited to 1 and 2-hour time periods.
Car hire Coffs Harbour: Things to see and do
Shop ‘til you drop
Coffs Harbour boasts an eclectic selection of shopping opportunities, from specialty artisan markets to undercover shopping centres. Highlights include the eco-friendly Coramba Village Market and the monthly seaside Woolgoolga Markets.
The national parks and beach reserves surrounding Coffs Harbour offer a plethora of stunning sights and fascinating wildlife. Highlights include Bindarri National Park, Bongil Bongil National Park, and Corindi Beach Reserve.
Biking and paddling
There’s a pedal or paddle for every adventurer who visits Coffs Harbour. Grab a mountain bike, bicycle, stand up paddleboard, canoe, or kayak and discover the natural beauty of the region.
In addition to the natural wonderland surrounding Coffs Harbour, there is also tons of structured entertainment. Head to Big Banana Fun Park for waterslide glee, and the Dolphin Marine Conservation Park to get up close and personal to precious marine and other wildlife.
Top tips for car rental Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour offers hybrid electric vehicles to rent—a fitting choice of car hire when visiting an eco-friendly city. Secure yours well in advance as selection is limited.
- If you will be spending many hours in the car, ensure you choose a vehicle that is spacious enough to accommodate your group and all of your luggage. SUVs are a popular choice for Coffs Harbour car rentals.
- One way rentals are available if you wish to pick up your vehicle in Coffs Harbour and drop it off somewhere else. Popular car hire locations in Australia include Ballina, Newcastle, Albury, and Wagga Wagga.
What our customers say
Which car hire agencies are located at the Coffs Harbour Airport (CFS)?
Car hire suppliers found onsite at Coffs Harbour Airport include Avis, Budget Coffs Harbour, Hertz Coffs Harbour, SIXT, Dollar, and Thrifty Car Rental Coffs Harbour. Use our simple booking widget tool when you hire a car from any of these trusted suppliers.
Which car hire companies in Coffs Harbour have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The majority of car rental Coffs Harbour Airport companies have updated their health and safety policies because of the pandemic. You can select ‘Enhanced cleaning’ as a filter option when refining your results, for extra peace of mind. Be sure to check protocols and travel restrictions imposed in New South Wales to avoid delays when planning your Coffs Harbour holiday.
How much does it cost to hire a car in Coffs Harbour?
Coffs Harbour car rental rates vary due to supply, demand, and other factors. The price difference between cheap car hire and luxury car hire Coffs Harbour can be significant. Get an instant quote without the need for any discount code using the search panel on this page and compare prices across car types/models and hire car companies. Remember not to become fixated on the lowest prices when looking for the best car hire deals, as you also need to consider the convenience and your travel needs.
What is the highest-rated car hire supplier in Coffs Harbour?
In Coffs Harbour, the best-rated rental companies are Dollar, Hertz and Avis. Check the customer reviews to see the latest feedback from fellow travellers who booked car hire in Coffs Harbour.
How old do I need to be to rent a car from Coffs Harbour?
You must be at least 21 years of age with a full drivers licence to rent a car in Coffs Harbour. Drivers under the age of 25 may incur additional fees, and in some cases, car hire companies will only rent to drivers 25 and older.
What is the highest-rated rental car in Coffs Harbour?
The Toyota Corolla and similar 5-seaters received the highest ratings from customers of hire car Coffs Harbour Airport.
Can I pick up a car hire in Coffs Harbour and drop off in another location?
5 great tips for an unforgettable car hire Sydney holiday with kids29 September 2022 9 minutes to read
5 Different Types of Accommodation in the Gold Coast for every Traveller22 September 2022 12 minutes to read
Top 3 tips for visiting Perth’s national parks in a campervan hire21 September 2022 13 minutes to read