Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
GoSee are your trusted Aussie travel experts
We’re here for you when you need us
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Go tropical with a Broome car hire
Pick up a Broome car rental to explore this small but bustling resort town in northern Western Australia. Known for its stunning sunsets, pearl farming, and camelback beach rides, it’s a colourful, vibrant destination at the edge of a desert. Learn about its fascinating history, go on exciting excursions and enjoy exotic wildlife encounters. Both domestic and international travellers flock here to enjoy the fabulous mix of adventurous activities and laidback luxury. You’ll want to venture out and GoSee it all, so secure a deal on Broome car rental today and start planning.
Picking up car rental at Broome Airport
Broome International Airport is a regional travel hub and the ‘Gateway to the Kimberley’. Hop on a flight directly from airports like Darwin Airport or Perth Domestic Airport to make your way to this remote destination. Upon arrival, you can expect to find souvenir shops, a bar, and a cafe that operate based on flight times. You can also use the baggage storage facilities, take a quick shower, top up your cash at the ATMs, and enjoy free WiFi before collecting your car keys in the arrivals area.
Finding your way around with a car hire in Broome
Keep these driving tips in mind when you pick up your Broom Airport car rental.
- The airport is just a kilometre away from the town and all the services are pretty close together. That being said, the roads can get confusing at the edge of town where many of the accommodations are located, so it is best to use a navigational aid and plan your route.
- Avoid driving your hire car at night, dawn or dusk outside of town, as this is when animals wander onto the roads and become a hazard.
- Unsealed roads can become inaccessible in certain parts of the Kimberly region during the wet season (officially between October and March).
- Finding a parking space for your Broome car rental can be surprisingly challenging for such a small town. There are large car parks near the beach, but they fill up especially around dinner times. Leave yourself some extra time for finding a space and expect to do a little walking.
Car hire Broome: Things to see and do
Willie Creek Pearl Farm
Dive into the pearl farming history that Broome is known for!
The crown jewel of Broome, this 22-kilometre stretch of beach is where you can take a scenic camel ride shortly before sunrise or sunset.
Pick up your car hire at Broome Airport and head to this coastal location at low tide to see dinosaur footprints. Enjoy the juxtaposition of orange rocks against a stunning backdrop of aquamarine.
Take a scenic flight to see this stunning natural phenomenon where the tide rushing through narrow gorges forms spectacular rapids.
Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park and Animal Refuge
Enjoy an afternoon of learning about all sorts of magnificent Australian creatures. The knowledgeable, passionate staff will walk you through the protection and care of crocodiles, dingoes, bilbies, kangaroos and more.
Staircase to the moon
If you visit during a full moon (the best time is between March and October) you might get to witness an incredible optical illusion of a staircase reaching for the moon. The natural phenomenon occurs when the full moon rises over the exposed mudflats of Roebuck Bay at extremely low tide.
Top tips for car hire Broome Airport
- If you’re planning a one-way trip from Broome to Perth, Darwin, or Alice Springs in your car hire, opt for a spacious and sturdy vehicle. 4WD and SUVs are recommended. You will be crossing harsh environments, so you’ll want to carry extra supplies.
- When searching for car hire, check the kilometres included in each listing. Most car rentals in Broome do not offer unlimited kms.
- Broome is a popular holiday destination in a remote location. Supply can be limited, so book well in advance to find a deal and get the vehicle you want.
What our customers say
Can you hire a car in Broome?
Yes. There are several car hire companies located at Broome Airport, including Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Keddy, Dollar, Europcar and Hertz Broome. You may pick up vehicles from the rental car park, or certain brands have a complimentary shuttle service to bring you to their pick up depot. Availability of Broome car rentals may be limited depending on the time of year. No need to scout for ever-dwindling discount code quantity from several websites! Use our website to check current rates across multiple brands by typing your dates into the search function.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport or away from the airport?
It may be cheaper to rent a car away from the airport, but double-check each listing for a list of inclusions and the exact pick-up location. Sometimes the convenience of an immediate pick up at the airport, or other perks like extra mileage, is what is missing in those cheap car hire rates.
How do you get around in Broome?
While Broome has a fairly compact town centre, there is much to see in the surrounding areas. A car hire is your best bet to GoSee it all.
Is it easier to rent a car from the airport?
Hiring a car from Broome Airport is easy and convenient. Simply head to the arrivals area to collect your keys and hit the road.
What is the average cost of a Budget rental car from Broome Airport?
Rates vary widely depending on stock availability, so your best bet is to do a quick search of your dates on our website to compare hire car Broome prices instantly across multiple brands. Remember to place as many details of your travel needs to get a more accurate rental estimate.
Can I rent a 4WD with Budget from Broome Airport?
You can rent 4WD vehicles from Broome Airport as long as there is availability. To check across multiple brands at once, type your travel dates into the search function and compare rates for Broome hire cars.
What is the highest-rated rental car at Broome Airport?
The most popular car hire types among customers are SUVs like the Mitsubishi ASX or Kia Sportage.
What is the highest-rated car rental provider at Broome Airport?
The highest-rated provider of rental car Broome Airport varies. Check what customers have said lately about their Broome Airport car hire experiences by checking out the reviews.
5 great tips for an unforgettable car hire Sydney holiday with kids29 September 2022 9 minutes to read
5 Different Types of Accommodation in the Gold Coast for every Traveller22 September 2022 12 minutes to read
Top 3 tips for visiting Perth’s national parks in a campervan hire21 September 2022 13 minutes to read