Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Experience southern charm with an Augusta Airport car rental
Pick up a car rental from Augusta Airport and experience southern hospitality at its finest. This lovely Georgian city sits on the banks of the Savannah River and borders South Carolina, offering a wide range of activities from art gallery tours and architecture appreciation to live entertainment and outdoor adventures. So whether you're here for business, pleasure, or the annual Masters Tournament, GoSee it all with an Augusta car rental.
Picking up car rental Augusta GA Airport
Servicing flights to just a handful of destinations in the eastern United States, Augusta Regional Airport (previously named Bush Field Airport) is small but welcoming, with stately colonial-style decor. You can expect a few standard retail and dining services, as well as free WiFi. Kiosks for several Augusta Airport rental car providers are located inside the terminal next to baggage claim.
Augusta Airport rental cars: What you need to know
When picking up your rental car at Augusta GA Airport, keep these driving tips in mind.
- Depending on traffic conditions, the drive from Augusta Regional Airport into town should take around 20 minutes. From the terminal, get onto the Doug Barnard Parkway heading north towards Augusta and follow it for several miles until it passes under the US-25. Cross underneath and turn left onto it, then exit right onto Olive Road, which becomes Heard Ave. Follow it into central Augusta.
- Speed limits on interstates in Georgia are 70 miles per hour. Unless otherwise indicated, residential and commercial zones have speed limits of between 25 and 35 mph.
- Traffic is generally minimal in Augusta but picks up significantly during the annual Masters Tournament. The golf competition is usually held at the beginning of April, bringing an influx of people to the area and a series of temporary road closures and detours near the golf course.
- Looking to park your rental car? You will find plenty of affordable on-street, garage, and lot parking in downtown Augusta. All parking is free after 4pm and on weekends, as well as free for two hours during the day on Front Street and on Water and Commercial Streets.
- Bring your rental agreement during the entire rental period, and keep it in a place easy to reach.
What to see and do with your Augusta Airport car rental
Visitors flock to Augusta to see the pros compete in the Masters Tournament every spring. Mere mortals also have plenty of options to hit the links, with dozens of public and semi-private golf courses within 25 miles of the city.
Augusta Museum of History
Learn about Augusta's local and regional history at this non-for-profit agency as you admire a vast collection of materials and enjoy exhibits demonstrating the richness of the past.
Downtown Historic District
Head to this lively area to browse and enjoy an eclectic collection of retail shops and trendy restaurants. This walkable district, including Broad Street, offers a peek into the local culture.
Spend a relaxing morning or afternoon strolling the multi-level brick walking path along the Savannah River. This local favourite has family-friendly attractions at each end.
The waterways offer a beautiful urban green space for hiking, biking, kayaking, boat tours and more, and it was Georgia's first National Heritage Area.
Car rental Augusta GA Airport: Top tips
- If you plan to visit Augusta during the Masters Tournament, you must book your rental car as soon as possible. Supply is limited, and demand is high.
- There is a more extensive selection of luxury vehicles in Augusta compared with other cities. Treat yourself to a premium rental.
- Some features like free pick up service may only be available first come first served, or will be honored as long as there is no change done to the originally booked deal. Some suppliers allow this within allowable pick up distance. Always double-check the rental agreement for more information on this.
- If you are planning a southern road trip, most car rental companies allow you to pick up a rental vehicle in Augusta and drop it off in another city. Popular car rental locations where you can return your vehicle include Nashville Airport, Atlanta Airport and Charleston Airport.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Rental cars Augusta GA Airport: Frequently asked questions
How much is a rental car per day from Augusta, GA Airport (AGS-Augusta Regional)?
Daily car rental rates at Augusta, GA Airport fluctuate due to several factors, including seasonality, supply, and demand. The most up to date prices can be found by typing your desired dates into the search function on this page. This will bring up current rates of car rentals that you can compare across multiple brands in one place. And then, you may go on booking without the need for any discount code.
Can I rent a car from Augusta Regional Airport (AGS)?
If you are at least 21 years of age and have a valid full driver's license and a credit card to secure the booking, you can likely rent a car from Augusta Regional Airport, subject to the rules of the individual rental providers. Once you’ve picked up your car rental, if your chosen supplier allows it, you could consider a trip to other destinations, dropping your car rental off at Raleigh Airport, Asheville Airport or Savannah Airport.
How can I save money on car rental at Augusta Regional Airport?
To get the best rates on Augusta Airport car rentals, you should book well in advance and compare vehicles and offers across multiple brands using the search function on this page.
How do I book AGS car rental with GoSee?
Enter your desired dates into the search function to bring up a list of available vehicles at AGS Augusta Regional Airport. Then, make your selection and secure the booking with a credit card. The booking process is completed once you receive a reservation confirmation sent to the email address you entered.
What forms of payment are accepted at Augusta Regional Airport car rentals?
All car rental companies at Augusta Airport will accept payments from any major credit card and, in some cases, a debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo. Cash payments are not accepted. Check the terms of the individual rental providers about credit or debit card payments, to be sure.
What vehicle should I rent at AGS for my trip to Augusta?
The spacious intermediate and SUV vehicles are the most popular car rentals in Augusta. That being said, the rental car you should choose is the one that suits your travel plans and space requirements and the rental vehicle you're most comfortable driving.
What is the cheapest car rental company at Augusta Bush Field Airport?
The cheapest car rental company at Augusta Bush Field Airport varies, but Budget and Avis Car Rental Augusta, GA have consistently low rates.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at Augusta Bush Field Airport?
Most major car rental Augusta Airport companies are located at the terminal of Augusta Bush Field Airport, including Enterprise Augusta Airport, GA; Thrifty Car Rental Augusta, GA; Avis Augusta Airport, GA; Budget Car Rental Augusta, GA and others.
Which documents will a foreign driver need to get a car rental at Augusta Regional Airport?
All drivers must carry a full valid driver's license from their country to book and drive rental cars in Augusta GA. If it is not in English, they must also present an International Driving Permit or a suitable translation. The driver's license must be valid for the entire rental period. Please note that all additional authorized drivers should also meet the driver's license requirements of your chosen rental provider.
Where can I find an Augusta, GA (AGS-Augusta Regional) car rental if I am younger than 25?
Most car rental companies in Augusta will rent to drivers at least 21 years of age, but charge a young driver's fee.