Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
Get a car rental Dubai and see the UAE
Pick up a rental car in Dubai and discover a dazzling city that blends Middle Eastern tradition with innovative modernity. This desert destination attracts visitors from around the globe with impressive feats of engineering and mind-bending entertainment. From the tallest building in the world to manmade islands shaped like a palm tree, the UAE’s most populous city is chock full of awe-inspiring sights and exciting attractions. Get a deal on Dubai car rentals and GoSee it all for yourself.
Dubai rent a car
Dubai International Airport is the world’s busiest airport for international passenger traffic. Its three terminals are well equipped with modern facilities and excellent services, including free WiFi, sleeping pods, luxurious lounges, a health club, and so much more. When booking car hire at Dubai International Airport, ensure you select the correct terminal for collection (Terminal 1, 2 or 3). Upon landing, head to the arrivals hall and follow the directions from your car rental provider.
What you need to know with your Dubai car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when picking up your rental car Dubai.
- The drive from Dubai International Airport to downtown is 15 kilometres and takes about 20 minutes via the E11.
- Dubai is a bustling metropolis and driving here can be intimidating. Local drivers frequently speed and weave between lanes. Stay calm, watch your speed, and drive defensively.
- When you rent a car in Dubai, plan your route and use a GPS to help you navigate. Check the weather forecast and traffic report before setting off. Dust storms can affect visibility.
- The rental cars are left-hand drive and driving is on the right.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on pedestrian crossings in Dubai, so be prepared to stop.
- The Salik toll system has been in place for a number of years. Speak to your chosen car rental Dubai company for clear instructions on how and when to pay.
- The heat and sunshine must be considered when driving in the Middle East. Keep sunglasses in your Dubai car hire and have plenty of water on hand.
- If you need a full rest from your rental car tour, there is a vast selection of places to stay such as the Millennium Dubai Airport and Dubai International Hotel, the Holiday Inn Express, and Premier Inn. Le Meridien Dubai is also a good bet. There are also a lot of accommodation options in the CBD.
- Be aware of the behavioral rules associated with Dubai during your car hire holiday. Homosexuality and public displays of affection are not permitted. Please do not wear your swimsuits if you are not at the beach. Eating or drinking in public places during Ramadan is definitely not allowed.
Dubai car rental: What to see and do
You can’t visit Dubai without visiting the tallest building in the world. At a height of 828m, simply standing in front of this building is incredible enough, but you can also head up to one of the top floors and admire the sprawling city below.
Three artificially created islands along Dubai’s waterfront comprise one of the world’s most incredible engineering feats. For a good 360-degree look at the Palm Jumeirah, Deira Island and Palm Jebel Ali islands from above, head to “The View at The Palm”.
Dining at Burj Al Arab
The world’s first seven-star hotel and Dubai's most famous luxury hotel, its structure is meant to represent the sail of a ship and it’s another one of Dubai's architectural marvels and most famous landmarks.
The Dubai Mall
The largest mall in the world (by total area) and the most internationally visited retail and lifestyle destination, the Dubai Mall is just a 13-minute drive from Dubai Airport. It offers more than 1200 shops to explore, along with incredible entertainment for kids and adults alike.
Dubai Marina & Jumeirah Beach Residence
One of Dubai's most affluent residential neighbourhoods, Dubai Marina is known and admired for its beaches, cafes, restaurants, craft markets, and the waterside promenade—the Dubai Marina Walk.
GoSee’s tips to rent a car in Dubai
- If you wish to splash out for your trip to the Middle East, start when you rent a car. Dubai luxury car hires are among the best, with even a Maserati Ghibli on offer. Just remember to book well in advance because supply is limited.
- It is possible to pick up a rental vehicle at Dubai Airport and drop it off at another location in Dubai or at another destination in the UAE. A one-way fee may apply for this option.
- Familiarise yourself with the rules of the road and traffic conditions before booking a rental car in Dubai, as driving conditions here are quite different from other locations and can overwhelm the uninitiated.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Car rental Dubai: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car in Dubai?
Dubai car rental rates fluctuate based on a variety of factors, including seasonality and supply. To hire cars Dubai monthly or weekly rather than a few days offers better value. For the most up-to-date prices, type your desired location and dates into the search function on this page. This will allow you to view and compare rates across multiple car rental companies in one place. You may also get car insurance for your whole renting duration to avoid any hassle. Surely, renting a car with GoSee is so easy and convenient.
Is it cheaper to rent a car in Dubai?
Car rental rates in Dubai are comparable to other cities. Many rental car suppliers offer a wide range of SUVs and economy cars if you want cheaper options. Check out the prices by typing your desired location and dates into the search function on this page so you can see live car rental offers from trusted brands.
What are the requirements to have a rental car in Dubai?
All drivers must carry a passport and a valid full driver's license from their country of residence. If it is not in English, they must also present an International Driving Permit or a suitable translation. The driving license must be valid for the entire rental period.
Which car rental companies in Dubai have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most car rental companies in Dubai and across the UAE have updated their vehicle and safety policies due to the pandemic. You may filter your car rental search results by the ‘Enhanced cleaning’ option to ensure your vehicle of choice is suitably disinfected. For individual COVID-19 cleaning policies, you must check the terms on the vehicle booking pages.
Can I drive a car in Dubai with Qatar license?
You can drive a car in Dubai with a Qatar license whilst you are visiting. However, if you are a resident, you must get a local license.
Why rent car in Dubai with GoSee?
GoSee is a trusted international booking agent that negotiates excellent rates with top global brands and local suppliers and then passes those savings onto you. Our sophisticated search engine allows you to compare multiple vehicles across several car rental companies in Dubai all in one place. Put simply, it’s cheap, easy, and convenient to book with us. No booking fees, no hidden charges! Find the best deals and expect excellent service only from GoSee.
Where can I drive to near Dubai?
Picking up a Dubai car rental will allow you to explore the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is just one hour away and another fantastic city to explore.
What’s the best price car rental in Dubai?
Whether you wish to get Dubai economy cars or rent luxury cars, you will find the best price range for your desired vehicle and budget using this website. Prices fluctuate due to a number of factors. To see current prices, type your dates into the search function and compare car rental services from brands like Dollar Rent a Car Dubai, Europcar, National, and many more.
Are there any additional costs when canceling a rental car?
Many Dubai hire car providers offer free cancellation, while others will have a strict time period. As each car rental company has its own unique terms and conditions, it is important to read them carefully on the booking page prior to confirming your reservation.
Can foreigners drive in UAE?
When getting a rental car service, foreign visitors can drive in UAE provided they meet the minimum age required by their chosen hire car agency and have a valid license. If the home country driving license is not in English, they must also present an International Driving Permit or a suitable translation.
Is Dubai easy to drive around?
Driving rental cars in Dubai is slightly dangerous. Courtesy on the highway is not a norm and everyone drives at speed. Most drivers have no discipline, changing lanes without any warning at all, and some are driving slowly in the ‘fast lanes’.