Great value rental rates and exclusive special deals
Why book a rental car with us?
We’re here for you when you need us
Thousands of vehicles to choose from worldwide
On most cars up to 72 hours prior to pickup
See the best of BC with an Abbotsford Airport car rental
Along the US-Canada border in the beautiful Fraser Valley lies the city of Abbotsford. Surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and just a short distance from the Fraser River, Abbotsford is best explored with a rental car. Wander through the historical town center, visit museums and galleries, wine and dine at fabulous restaurants, or take to the countryside and road trip through beautiful British Columbia. Get a deal on an Abbotsford car rental today.
Picking up Abbotsford Airport car rentals
Abbotsford Airport is a small but well-equipped terminal. Visit Ravens Bar & Bistro for a bite to eat, or pop into the duty-free shop to get in some retail shopping. Free WiFi is available throughout the airport for your convenience. When you’re ready, pick up your keys from the rental car desks near the baggage claim area and start your adventure in British Columbia. Then you can drop off your vehicle by following the signs going to the 'car rental return' area.
Taxis and a shuttle service are also available from the airport if you plan to pick up your rental vehicle at nearby locations downtown.
What you need to know about hiring a car in Abbotsford
Finding your way with an Abbotsford airport car rental
Keep these driving tips in mind when you rent a car from Abbotsford Airport.
- Downtown Abbotsford is just 9 kilometres from the airport. Head onto Mount Lehman Road and take a right onto Marshall Road. At the roundabout, turn left onto Clearbrook Road and follow the signs into the city.
- The wide and maintained roads around the city combined with a well-planned layout allow for free-flowing traffic. Like all cities, the busiest times to drive are the peak hours in the morning and the afternoon.
- Parking in Abbotsford ranges from free to CA$2 an hour. There are parking garages, on-street metered parking and surface lots to choose from.
- Winter in the mountains can make for hazardous road conditions. Make sure to request winter tires ahead of your vehicle reservation date by coordinating with your rental office directly to determine availability and pricing. Slow down and keep your distance from other vehicles. Check the weather before heading out, and when in doubt, stay put.
- Be alert for animals on rural roads—especially when driving at dusk and dawn.
Things to see and do with your Abbotsford car rental
- The great outdoors - Abbotsford is an incredible place to enjoy the best of nature. Head your car hire to Mill Lake Park, Sumas Mountain, and the Discovery Trail to get in a spot of hiking, biking or relaxed sightseeing.
- Clayburn Village - Learn about the history of Abbotsford at this beautiful heritage destination. The former site of a brick plant and its workers, the restored buildings now serve as an informal museum and community gathering place.
- Reach Gallery Museum - Enjoy a fantastic and engaging showcase of cultural arts and quality programming at this unique facility. Seasonal exhibitions celebrate creations from both inside and outside the community and offer an inclusive gathering place for art lovers.
- Golf - Golfers, take your pick of three beautiful golf courses in Abbotsford. Ledgeview Golf and Country Club is an advanced course for serious golfers looking for a challenge, Fraserglen Golf Course suits everyone, and the nine-hole Valley Golf Centre is great for practice.
Abbotsford Airport car rental top tips
- If you’re looking for no-frills, cheap car rental from Abbotsford Airport, Hertz and Enterprise Abbotsford Airport often have the lowest prices available.
- Not sure what type of car you’ll need for your trip to Abbotsford? Check out our customer reviews for some helpful guidance.
- If you plan on doing a lot of mountain driving or long road trips in your Abbotsford car rental, you might want to opt for a larger, sturdier rental option like an SUV. Multiple brands offer them at a fair price—but they are popular, so book early.
- Hertz and Thrifty Car Rental Abbotsford Airport are the only brands that will rent vehicles to drivers 20 years of age—most other car rental companies require drivers to be at least 21.
What our customers say
Prompt service in a different time zone.
Abbotsford Airport car rental: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to rent a car from Abbotsford Airport?
The cost to rent a car from Abbotsford Airport varies depending on several factors, but you can view and compare up-to-the-minute fares across multiple brands using the search tool at the top of this page.
What car rental suppliers are at Abbotsford International Airport (YXX)?
There are many top car rental companies with airport locations found near the baggage claim in Abbotsford International Airport (YXX), including Hertz, Thrifty, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
Can I book now and pay later for my car rental at Abbotsford International Airport?
Yes, you can book a rental car for Abbotsford International Airport now and pay for it upon pick up. Simply select the filter ‘Pay at Pick up’ under the ‘Payment Type’ heading to see which car rental companies allow this option—most do!
What is the cheapest car rental in Abbotsford?
The cheapest Abbotsford Airport car rental varies, but Budget Abbotsford Airport has consistently cheap prices. To save more, you can also input your discount code (if available) before you finalize your car rent booking.
What is the most popular rental car in Abbotsford?
Intermediate-sized vehicles like Toyota Corollas and Hyundai Elantras are popular choices for your rental cars Abbotsford Airport. To find out more about what other travellers think, visit our customer reviews section.
Which car rental companies in Abbotsford have updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Most car rental companies in Abbotsford have responded to the COVID-19 crisis by updating their cleaning and safety policies. National and Enterprise even offer ‘Enhanced Cleaning’, which you can search for using a filter when comparing vehicles on the results page.
Is the Abbotsford Airport open 24 hours?
Guest Services (604-835-2956) is on-site 24 hours a day (7 days a week) to provide assistance as needed. Regular terminal building hours are from 4:30 am to midnight. Rent a car Abbotsford Airport and kick off your Canadian adventure.
How old do I have to be to book an Abbotsford car rental?
You must be at least 20 years old to book a car rental Abbotsford from Hertz or Thrifty, but at least 21 years old to book from Avis, Budget, Enterprise, or National. Drivers under the age of 25 can likely expect a young drivers surcharge to be applied to the booking. Make sure to have your valid driver's license at all times.
Is it possible to book a one-way rental from Abbotsford Airport (YXX)?
It is possible to book one-way rentals from Abbotsford Airport, whether dropping off at another city or rental location within British Colombia like Kelowna or Deer Lake. You may also opt to head to Cranbrook in your hire car or clear across Canada. Some brands will even allow you to book a one-way car rental to Victoria or Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Simply uncheck the ‘Return car to same location’ box and type in your desired car rental return destination to view your options and the associated costs.
What do I need to collect the car rental at Abbotsford Airport (YXX)?
When you come to collect the rental cars at Abbotsford Airport you should bring with you:
- Driver's license of all the named drivers that are valid for the entire rental period. Canadian driver's license or a home country driver's license is acceptable. Please note that temporary driver's licenses may be refused. If you have an additional authorized driver, he needs to present his own license along with the renter's driver's license. Remember that the only permitted additional driver is allowed to drive.
- A credit card in the name of the renter. This should have enough funds to cover any of the security deposit options.
- Passport / I.D.