One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
From city lights to rolling hills with RV rental NY
Pick up your New York RV rental and get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Starting your motorhome trip in this cultural, financial and political hub of the world, you’ll be amazed to discover that the broad majority of New York’s geographic area is dominated by forests, farms, meadows, mountains, rivers and lakes. Make the most of your visit to this iconic metropolis soaking up the theatre, dining, and entertainment opportunities before setting off to explore the natural wonders of the state.
Explore our special offers
What you need to know about RV rental in New York
New York RV rental tips for the savvy traveller
When navigating New York City, keep in mind that it is made up of islands and waterways. Manhattan, at the center, is an island bordered by the Hudson River, East River and Harlem River. The Bronx is on the mainland to the north, Brooklyn and Queens to the east on Long Island, and Staten Island to the south. Manhattan Island and much of the surrounding area is off-limits to RVs, but you can still get very close to the action with some strategic planning.
Some driving pointers for your campervan rental New York road trip
- Starting your NY RV rental road trip in one of the world’s most bustling cities can be intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Plan your route in advance and arm yourself with an updated navigational system, as well as good old fashioned paper maps. We recommend that you organize your New York motorhome rental pick up for outside the main city center, park your RV in the suburbs, and utilize the public transport to explore the Big Apple until you head off to GoSee the rest of the state.
- Get well acquainted with your vehicle long before you hit the highways of New York and don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to before getting behind the wheel. Your NY RV rental team is there to help.
- Parking an RV in New York City is a nightmare, so avoid attempting this completely. People will get annoyed with you and it is rarely allowed for more than 24 hours. Map out the New York RV parks close to the city, like Liberty Harbor RV Park in New Jersey, and book your spot well in advance of your arrival.
You’re going to love New York
What is really special about New York City is the rhythm of constant activity. Vitality, history, and possibility hang in the air, and you can’t help but be inspired by it. It is incredibly easy to get swept up by the atmosphere and spend a few days in ‘The City That Never Sleeps’. From the iconic Statue of Liberty to the magnificent shows of Broadway, there are far too many attractions to list, but we’ll attempt at least a few.
Some must-see highlights for your New York RV trip include:
- World’s hottest tickets - There is a wide variety of entertainment options in New York happening at all times, from year-round shows to annual parades and everything in between. Broadway musicals, sporting matches, live music, and an almost permanent merry-go-round of concerts. The biggest, splashiest events happen here and you can be part of the action.
- Iconic landmarks - Get your walking shoes on and make your way to these famous cultural gems: One World Trade Center, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Museum of Modern Art. You may even add the national parks and state parks along the way if you want!
- Bite the Big Apple - There is no one way to describe the food scene, other than all-encompassing! Any taste, diet, and budget can be accommodated. Some famous, must-try New York meals include pizza by the slice, bagels and lox, hot dogs from a street cart, deli sandwiches, and cheesecake. Forget any idea of calorie counting and aim to try at least one of each during your stay in New York.
RV rental New York: Where to go
Rent an RV in New York and hit the highways.
A 2.5-hour drive north of New York City, the Catskill Mountains offer charming small towns, lake activities, and mountain views—the perfect adventure for RV travellers. Add exceptional stargazing opportunities to this list of outdoor delights and you’ll never want to leave.
Roughly 5 hours northwest of NYC is this stunning region that comprises 11 gorgeous lakes, numerous verdant wineries, and the ‘Grand Canyon of the East’— Letchworth State Park. Equally appealing to hikers, connoisseurs, and history lovers, the Finger Lakes Region is a must-visit destination.
A trip 6.5 hours northwest of New York City to the oldest American State Park will bring incredible views of the world famous falls, as well as lush landscapes, unique wildlife, and hiking trails. Get on board the Maid of the Mist tour for an up close view of the falls.
Keene Valley, Adirondacks
A drive 4.5 hours north of New York City offers a fantastic playground for mountain lovers. Spectacular hiking opportunities for all levels in the warmer months and skiing and snowboarding for the colder ones, this scenic spot has everything you need for an RV adventure.
What our customers say
GoSee website was easy to use, straight forward and we were able to save a quote for the car we were interested in. A member of the GoSee team called that evening to make sure we had all of the information we needed and she sent us through the quote again... Thank you for making a stressful situation much more tolerable!!
How much does it cost to rent an RV in New York?
The average RV rentals rates are affected by different factors. New York RV rentals prices vary depending on make and model, season, and availability. Luxury RV rental in New York is going to be a significantly different price than a small, no-frills camper. Type in your desired travel dates to browse what’s on offer across multiple RV rental brands—and remember that booking as early as possible gives you the best chance of getting that camper rental New York deal that you want at the best price.
What’s included in the RV rental?
New York RV rental inclusions vary by brand and vehicle. From air conditioning to roadside assistance, your New York motorhome rentals may offer a variety of great amenities and services with the booking. Some RV rentals offer delivery to the airport but must be pre-arranged. Browse the terms and inclusions on each listing to get an idea of what will automatically come with your RV rental in NYC and what you may need to request or pay extra for.
How old do I have to be to rent an RV from New York?
Most New York RV rental companies require drivers to be at least 25 years old to rent a motorhome, with some exceptions. Escape Campervans and El Monte RV rentals will rent to licensed drivers 21 years of age.
What’s required to rent or drive an RV?
To rent RV New York, not just in the city but even the whole New York State, you need a full and valid driver's licence. If your license is not in English, you will also need to present an International Driving Permit (IDP) or equivalent document. You also must present a credit card for the booking.
Can I rent an RV one way from New York?
What is the minimum rental period?
Many New York RV rental companies have a minimum rental period of 3 or 7 days. As a general rule, longer rental periods offer the best value for money.
Are there RV rentals with unlimited mileage?
Most rent an RV New York deals do not include unlimited mileage. Check the inclusions of each rental vehicle to compare prices across brands. Some RV rental New York brands will allow a certain number of miles per day (Britz often allows 100), while others will require you to pay per mile at the end of the journey.
Can I add additional drivers to the rental contract?
Yes. Every person who wishes to drive RV rentals NY needs to present their full, valid driver’s license upon collection. In addition, all drivers are required to sign the rental agreement.
Do I have to wash the vehicle before I return it?
It pays to return your RV rental NYC in a clean and tidy state. Give the interior a quick tidy and ensure all your belongings and rubbish are removed. Some companies may charge an additional cleaning fee if your vehicle comes back excessively dirty.
What is the speed limit in New York?
The speed limit in New York is 20 - 45 mph in residential areas, and 65 mph on freeways.