One of the world’s largest motorhome rental agencies
Why book a campervan with us?
Price beat guarantee
Quick and easy to find the right vehicle for you
Expert motorhomes concierge team
Explore Portugal with McRent campervans
McRent Portugal is a well-known and highly trusted brand with McRent branches all over Europe, and is in fact the largest rental company on the continent. This large network and the company’s dedication to getting out and exploring Europe makes it a top choice for campervan travel.
Why book your campervan with McRent Portugal?
There’s a good reason why so many people choose McRent Portugal for their campervan hire: trust. With years of experience, thousands of happy customers, and a household name in rentals, McRent is an obvious choice for many travellers. Here are a few specific reasons why so many opt for McRent Portugal:
- McRent campervans are all new models, with ABS brakes, ASR, and mobility warranties.
- A wide selection of campervans and motorhomes for all holiday styles.
- Unlimited mileage.
- Comprehensive cover.
- Bike racks included.
- All vehicles are fitted with basic kitchen and bathroom facilities.
The McRent Portugal campervan fleet
One of the perks of getting a campervan rental in Portugal with McRent is the brand’s variety of vehicle options. There are four vehicle classes to choose from: Urban, Compact, Family, and Standard.
- Urban: The Urban class is characterised by compact, easy-to-drive vehicles that are suited for short getaways. Portugal offers Standard and Plus models, which offer sleeping space for four (maximum) and two respectively. The Plus model is self-contained with an on-board toilet and compact shower.
- Compact: In the Compact class, you’ll find Plus and Luxury models, which offer elegant vehicles with all the basics for two and four people respectively.
- Family: The Family class offers Standard, Plus, and Luxury models. These spacious motorhomes sleep four to six people, with areas for living and dining.
- Comfort: Designed for long journeys, the Comfort Plus is a spacious motorhome with all the amenities you need for an easy trip. It has sleeping and living space for four adults.
McRent depots in Portugal
There are three McRent Portugal depots dotted around the country, making it easy to organise a one-way rental, or simply access the areas you most want to see.
Porto is a city by the beach, located on the west coast of Portugal in the north of the country. There are countless things to see and do in the city itself, and it's the best place to begin a road trip up to the nearby Peneda-Geres National Park, which sits near the Spanish border and is filled with scenic spots and wildlife. Or, you can drive south for a one-way road trip through Portugal down to Faro on the southern coast.
Portugal’s lively capital city Lisbon is on the west coast of the country, well placed for travellers to head north or south along the coastline, or into the heart of the country. It’s also only a short drive from Lisbon to reach the National Park of Arrabida, which is home to a 1500s convent, caves with bat populations, and beautiful beaches and forests. The spectacular Batalha Monastery, which was built in the gothic style over the space of 150 years, is also less than two hours from Lisbon.
Faro is in the stunning Algarve region in the south of Portugal. From beaches and lagoons to islands and marinas, this area is ripe for exploring in the sun. You can easily cruise around the southern coast, or head north to see more of the country and drop your motorhome in Lisbon or Porto in the north.